PDA

View Full Version : FOOD FOR BUMS! Part 3!!!!!

GTS Jeff
08-26-2005, 11:07 AM
So I finally got around to hosting these pics and vids from food for bums part 3. The pics and vids explain themselves!

Movie 1 (Right click, Save as) (http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/food/3/mov1.avi)

Movie 2 (Right click, Save as) (http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/food/3/mov2.avi)

And some pics!

http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/food/3/1.jpg

http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/food/3/2.jpg

http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/pics/food/3/3.jpg

Toms-SC
08-26-2005, 11:13 AM
holy sweet flying fuck

Carfanman
08-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Good stuff! (The videos, not the food itself)

tictactoe2004
08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
lol, good shit man.

/////AMG
08-26-2005, 12:08 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
haha nice one
fire water, rofl.

What was the outcome on food for bums 2?

habsfan
08-26-2005, 12:17 PM
bloody brilliant hahaha

some salad, cause bums need their greens lol

86max
08-26-2005, 12:22 PM
"bum's gotta get their greens"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MiG_Master
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
:clap: :clap:
Nicely done.

Chiggles
08-26-2005, 01:50 PM
:rofl: WTH, Jeff? Holy crap, are you bored!!! LOL!!!

Primer_Drift
08-26-2005, 01:59 PM
:rofl:
Now you're just getting abusive!

Jeff.. I have to ask.. what are the secret ingredients that make up the beggars tonic? Please don't say fermented rabbit excrement.
:barf:

schurchill39
08-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Haha "its a touch of class"

G
08-26-2005, 05:01 PM
It maybe just me but I find it cold to make fun of people who are already in a desolate situation. What happened to compassion. I volunteer at the homeless shelter and a lot of these people do not choose that life style some actually cannot get out of the situation because of people like you who keep pushing them down. They have lost everything at least let them has some dignity.

_integra_typeR_
08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
get a life.

finboy
08-26-2005, 05:41 PM
awsome, keep up your "food for bum's" campaign jeff :thumbsup:

wildrice
08-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I liked what you called nookmum
lol

"vietnamese for fruit punch"

crazyning
08-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by G
It maybe just me but I find it cold to make fun of people who are already in a desolate situation. What happened to compassion. I volunteer at the homeless shelter and a lot of these people do not choose that life style some actually cannot get out of the situation because of people like you who keep pushing them down. They have lost everything at least let them has some dignity.

Can't be any worse than the other stuff that they eat out of the trash. They can choose not to eat the stuff that is given to them. Don't like it? Go eat at the homeless shelter, or get a job...

EK 2.0
08-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Jeff, when did you get furniture and a TV brother??

Holy talk about moving up in the world...good of you to share that wealth with your hobo friends...:thumbsup:

Dave P
08-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Someone should give you a good sameritan award

finboy
08-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Someone should give you a good sameritan award
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Samaritan
;)

GQBalla
08-26-2005, 06:51 PM
lol funny shiet!!

its a touch of class... right...the ditalino bread its not great stuff

Maxt
08-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Grow up guy...Its not very funny at all, alot of those people have mental conditions that force them into the corners of society with no way to escape, and they are surviving the only way they can.. While I will say homelessness has become an industry, the homeless are not the ones profiting from it, they are merely the commodity...
Needless to say, they dont deserve snot nose middle class dipshits belittling them on the internet...

Dave P
08-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by finboy

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Samaritan
;)

A native or inhabitant of Samaria.
often samaritan A Good Samaritan.

thats what i was meaning to say. dick. hahah

DC2uned
08-26-2005, 07:11 PM
"a touch of class"
Something that you are severely lacking, along with a social life and things associated with it.

GTS Jeff
08-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
:rofl:
Now you're just getting abusive!

Jeff.. I have to ask.. what are the secret ingredients that make up the beggars tonic? Please don't say fermented rabbit excrement.
:barf:

A mixture of no-name sprite and coke, spiked with a bit of rum.

Originally posted by G

Basically, I decided that stringing up food above the dumpster was far more effective than donating to the campus food bank, mainly because the campus food bank is inefficient and poorly run.

I've also frequented a so-called homeless shelter, it's called Herb Jamieson here in Edmonton, so I like to think that I have a perspective on the fair hobo-folk. I cannot see how my derogatory food donations are pushing these people down and enslaving them in their situation. I believe that you are mistaking me for the type of person to make bum-fights videos, when in fact I am actively donating food on a regular basis. I think the fact that I'm having a little fun at the expense of some dignity that hobos don't have is acceptable.

Originally posted by Maxt
Grow up guy...Its not very funny at all, alot of those people have mental conditions that force them into the corners of society with no way to escape, and they are surviving the only way they can.. While I will say homelessness has become an industry, the homeless are not the ones profiting from it, they are merely the commodity...
Needless to say, they dont deserve snot nose middle class dipshits belittling them on the internet...

Your attempts to be "the better man" would be more successful if you weren't so blatant about belittling me on the internet too, hypocrit.

dave101
08-26-2005, 07:35 PM
pwned

GTS Jeff
08-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Jeff, when did you get furniture and a TV brother??

Holy talk about moving up in the world...good of you to share that wealth with your hobo friends...:thumbsup: Thanks Arif! A least some people appreciate the work I do! :D

DC2uned
08-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Basically, I decided that stringing up food above the dumpster was far more effective than donating to the campus food bank, mainly because the campus food bank is inefficient and poorly run.

I've also frequented a so-called homeless shelter, it's called Herb Jamieson here in Edmonton, so I like to think that I have a perspective on the fair hobo-folk. I cannot see how my derogatory food donations are pushing these people down and enslaving them in their situation. I believe that you are mistaking me for the type of person to make bum-fights videos, when in fact I am actively donating food on a regular basis. I think the fact that I'm having a little fun at the expense of some dignity that hobos don't have is acceptable.

Your attempts to be "the better man" would be more successful if you weren't so blatant about belittling me on the internet too, hypocrit.

How low to you have to be to have any level of fun at the expense of a person that is in that type of situation.

:rolleyes:

BigShow
08-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

How low to you have to be to have any level of fun at the expense of a person that is in that type of situation.

:rolleyes:

:werd: GTS Jeff is piece of shit.

GTS Jeff
08-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

:rolleyes: I don't think that these hobos are being expensed by my fun. It's hard to lose dignity when you don't have any.

Besides, the majority of your posts on Beyond involve a putdown of someone or something all the time, hypocrit.

2.4l
08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
kinda funny, you should go out and make a vid selling it to the bums ahaha..

BokCh0y
08-26-2005, 08:46 PM
It's hard to lose dignity when you don't have any.

:werd:

natejj
08-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

I don't think that these hobos are being expensed by my fun. It's hard to lose dignity when you don't have any.

Besides, the majority of your posts on Beyond involve a putdown of someone or something all the time, hypocrit.

Oh, so we get to decide who has dignity or not, and based on how much dignity we believe someone has, we get to base our actions on that?

Yeah you do give lots to the homeless and food shelter, i believe you. But arent you a hypocrite by doing this same thing? You want to help.... but you dont care about tearing away the dingity they might have, or feel they have.

Grow up.

Maxt
08-26-2005, 09:34 PM

Play the victim, how cute... I wasnt belittling you at all, you did that yourself with your first thread on this disgusting little gag of yours... The homeless's actions are somewhat understandable and thus excusable, your actions are not...

BokCh0y
08-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by natejj

Oh, so we get to decide who has dignity or not, and based on how much dignity we believe someone has, we get to base our actions on that?

Yeah you do give lots to the homeless and food shelter, i believe you. But arent you a hypocrite by doing this same thing? You want to help.... but you dont care about tearing away the dingity they might have, or feel they have.

Grow up.

that's not my quote pal. it's jeff's.

I just simply agreed with his opinions on other peoples dignity or lack of.

liquid1010
08-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Classy.... very classy :rolleyes:
Mature too....

DC2uned
08-26-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't think that these hobos are being expensed by my fun. It's hard to lose dignity when you don't have any.

LOL, that is a hilarious coming from you. I don't think you have made a positive post the entire time you have been on this forum. You are like a rotting piece of trash that is left in an unseen location and is stinking up the whole place.

Toms-SC
08-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Excellent thread, would read again A ++++++

Hakkola
08-27-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't see what the problem is, I doubt half the people bashing jeff have ever given to the homeless.

If the bums were really pissed by it or didn't like it, I'm sure they wouldn't eat the food.

People are treating bums like saints, why? I understand they have a hard life, but someone helps and has a little fun so what, some of them deserve it.

During stampede week I had a guy begging for money, and a lot of time I actually give it, but there was free lunch 3 blocks away and asked him why he needed it. He replied, "I don't wanna walk that far." Fuck him.

There's lots of places for them to get free food, and shelter. Some don't want it, some are just stubborn. If they take the food that jeff leaves them, then where's the harm?

He's doing something good for them, and having a little fun, so fucking what.

No need to be such a tight ass about everything. Even tonight we saw ZZ top with his dog and gave him some money. We laughed about him, is that so bad?

I don't think the homeless guys are gonna go off themselves over free food and beggars tonic.

googe
08-27-2005, 02:04 AM
hmm, do you guys realize that if you discourage jeff from doing this, the bums get nothing? clearly that would not be a better option for them. you may be doing more harm than he is!

Primer_Drift
08-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Quick! Everyone get on the Hater-bandwagon, its not full quite full of sh!t yet!!

I've never heard such hypocritical crap :thumbsdow

With the odd exception of those bashing Jeff and his donations, how many of you daily give a single thought about the plight of the homeless? In reality you wouldn't raise a finger to help if it didn't serve some purpose to your own egos. Its pretty easy to sit there acting all self-righteous though..

At least Jeff brings some levity to the situation, which is much less insensitive IMO than turning a blind eye to the problem.

koopkoop2
08-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I don't see what the problem is, I doubt half the people bashing jeff have ever given to the homeless.

If the bums were really pissed by it or didn't like it, I'm sure they wouldn't eat the food.

People are treating bums like saints, why? I understand they have a hard life, but someone helps and has a little fun so what, some of them deserve it.

During stampede week I had a guy begging for money, and a lot of time I actually give it, but there was free lunch 3 blocks away and asked him why he needed it. He replied, "I don't wanna walk that far." Fuck him.

There's lots of places for them to get free food, and shelter. Some don't want it, some are just stubborn. If they take the food that jeff leaves them, then where's the harm?

He's doing something good for them, and having a little fun, so fucking what.

No need to be such a tight ass about everything. Even tonight we saw ZZ top with his dog and gave him some money. We laughed about him, is that so bad?

I don't think the homeless guys are gonna go off themselves over free food and beggars tonic.

Out of the million ways he could've chosen to have "fun", he had to choose this? :rolleyes: Why would he choose people who already have it hard enough? Oh, wait a minute - I know the answer! It's because they can't fight back. Jeff has finally found a type of personality that he can exert his Asshole-personality on without having to fear any retaliation.

Also, the statement about "He's helping the homeless by feeding them" is ridiculous. The only person he's helping is himself - by trying to boost his ego. It's a pretty pathetic attempt, considering that he finds it necessary to impress a bunch of strangers on the Internet. If he actually cared for the homeless, he wouldn't be intentionally feeding them the most appaling things he can find. It's not like it's very hard to replace his "donations" with canned food or old clothes.

Quit trying to justify the fact that he's a scumbag. If you need any further convincing of this fact, go to your local food bank and ask what they think about this form of "help".

Chiggles
08-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Moreover, do any of you critics/hypocrits out there really think the bum actually cares about his dignity?? The homeless still have the common sense to realize that it's not dignified to pick through the trash for food to begin with, but it's not like they can escape their situation overnight, and they probably realize that as well when they look back at themselves. They know they're hurtin', and they accept it, cuz that's just the way things are for them unfortunately. The most important things on their minds are either "how to get money/where to get food, where to find shelter, where to find winter clothes?". So I ask again, do you honestly think a person in that kind of a situation would give a fuck how dignified they looked. HELL, NO. They accept their situation and get back to the basics which is purely whatever it is they gotta do to survive. Preserving their dignity and other self-absorbant qualities of vanity are a waste of fucking time to them. They couldn't care less about dignity - they're just deliriously happy and grateful that they're simply getting something to eat.

So if it's not YOUR own dignity being expensed and they're NOT feeling victimized, what reason could you hypocrits possibly have for feeling offended?? My only guess is cuz you just like to stick your nose into other people's business cuz you have the arrogance to think they need to be defended when in fact, nothing is fucked?? Have a seat, hero. Nobody needs rescuing at the moment, and your assistance will probably go unappreciated by the one you intended to help cuz you just made things more complicated than they really were. All the guy wants is food, and hey look, it's not even spoiled this time. Why are you standing in the way. You think your "high principles" deserve an award for THAT?!? :bullshit:

And in regards to koopkoop2's comment, it's funny you should mention what someone at the food bank might say to Jeff's form of help. I have a buddy that volunteers at food banks/homeless shelters every now and then. I showed him the video clips and he laughed at it too. :rofl: So what's your point??

My point though, is this: if Jeff's creativity manifests itself in this way to help others, he's still doing a good thing, so let it be. If some of you don't appreciate how colorful his presentation methods are as I do, then may I suggest you take those poles out of your asses for a moment and instead, just further help the bum out in your own way and supplement your own gestures of generosity. Try to focus on what the bum needs, and not what YOU THINK the bum needs if the bum was you. Is it so hard to be part of the solution and not the problem, hero??? Go earn your medal the proper way. Until then.....

http://www.portalbecker.de/yoda.jpg

KoukiS14
08-27-2005, 03:34 AM
I still like you Jeff :D

Sorath
08-27-2005, 03:43 AM
jeff, good laugh ive had in awhile :D:rofl:

Skyline_Addict
08-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Chiggles
Moreover, do any of you critics/hypocrits out there really think the bum actually cares about his dignity?? The homeless still have the common sense to realize that it's not dignified to pick through the trash for food to begin with, but it's not like they can escape their situation overnight, and they probably realize that as well when they look back at themselves. They know they're hurtin', and they accept it, cuz that's just the way things are for them unfortunately. The most important things on their minds are either "how to get money/where to get food, where to find shelter, where to find winter clothes?". So I ask again, do you honestly think a person in that kind of a situation would give a fuck how dignified they looked. HELL, NO. They accept their situation and get back to the basics which is purely whatever it is they gotta do to survive. Preserving their dignity and other self-absorbant qualities of vanity are a waste of fucking time to them. They couldn't care less about dignity - they're just deliriously happy and grateful that they're simply getting something to eat.

So if it's not YOUR own dignity being expensed and they're NOT feeling victimized, what reason could you hypocrits possibly have for feeling offended?? My only guess is cuz you just like to stick your nose into other people's business cuz you have the arrogance to think they need to be defended when in fact, nothing is fucked?? Have a seat, hero. Nobody needs rescuing at the moment, and your assistance will probably go unappreciated by the one you intended to help cuz you just made things more complicated than they really were. All the guy wants is food, and hey look, it's not even spoiled this time. Why are you standing in the way. You think your "high principles" deserve an award for THAT?!? :bullshit:

And in regards to koopkoop2's comment, it's funny you should mention what someone at the food bank might say to Jeff's form of help. I have a buddy that volunteers at food banks/homeless shelters every now and then. I showed him the video clips and he laughed at it too. :rofl: So what's your point??

My point though, is this: if Jeff's creativity manifests itself in this way to help others, he's still doing a good thing, so let it be. If some of you don't appreciate how colorful his presentation methods are as I do, then may I suggest you take those poles out of your asses for a moment and instead, just further help the bum out in your own way and supplement your own gestures of generosity. Try to focus on what the bum needs, and not what YOU THINK the bum needs if the bum was you. Is it so hard to be part of the solution and not the problem, hero??? Go earn your medal the proper way. Until then.....

very very articulately put argument. it has substance. :D
I agree with this.....

fingirl
08-27-2005, 03:51 AM
homeless = femenist

Deville
08-27-2005, 04:22 AM
I dont think it's that big of a deal, as someone said earlier "They dont have to eat it." and most of them probably just ignore it anyways...

But I also dont think it's funny either, not cause he's making fun of the bums, but because it's just not my idea of something funny. Pretty lame to me :thumbsdow wheres the humor in that?

How many times can you laugh at bottle full of crap with a piece of paper on it that says Fire water? I mean seriously, you got a pretty imature sense of humor Jeff, and the rest of you that think it's funny do to.

If you want it to be funny, go set up a booth down there by the dumpster with a video camera, and then hand out all your crap right to the homeless peoples faces...

Then the rest of us, who dont have the sense of humor of an 8year old kid, can laugh our asses off when you get your ass beat down by some homeless guy, who takes your wallet and pours all that crap that you call a donation, down your throat...

That would be funny :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Super_Geo
08-27-2005, 05:06 AM
What if someone hung bags of old stale rice outside of laundromats and put a sign up that said "chinaman food"?

Still funny then?

Or what about some stank ass curry wrapped in a turban outside of a Taxi company?

Besides, if they're offended it's not like they have to eat it. Brown people have free will don't they?

Loose
08-27-2005, 08:23 AM
What goes around comes around...

EK 2.0
08-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
What if someone hung bags of old stale rice outside of laundromats and put a sign up that said "chinaman food"?

Still funny then?

Or what about some stank ass curry wrapped in a turban outside of a Taxi company?

Besides, if they're offended it's not like they have to eat it. Brown people have free will don't they?

a turban ain't gonna hold no curry...

GTS Jeff
08-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Still funny then?

Besides, if they're offended it's not like they have to eat it. Brown people have free will don't they? Haha I laughed when I read that...

All flaming aside, the haters are right about one thing; I can be immature at times. So what? For all the Mother Teresa's in this thread: sorry if I've smashed your notion that I'm a saint. :rolleyes: I'll be the first to admit that I can be an immature fuck, that I do have a mean streak, that I can be a dick (to everyone, not just bums), and also that I have no pretenses about my own misgivings. This isn't to say that I'm complacent about my shortcomings as a human being, that I'm a bad person, but at the same time, I'm not about to pretend that I'm St. Pious the Twelth to avoid flaming over the Internet.

GTS Jeff
08-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Deville
If you want it to be funny, go set up a booth down there by the dumpster with a video camera, and then hand out all your crap right to the homeless peoples faces... I would totally do that, but I don't have the time to waste. Bums only come around once every hour or so.

dANK
08-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by G

^^ using librarys computer

koopkoop2
08-27-2005, 12:06 PM

None of us are trying to be heros. We just don't understand why you think you have the authority to deem who has dignity and who doesn't. If your mother was dying from cancer, do you think it would be OK if I deemed her to have no dignity? After I've made this wild assumption, I'll leave an envelope filled with money and on the outside I'll write "MONEY FOR THAT WORTHLESS BALD DYING BITCH". Since I've already assumed she has no dignity, it automatically makes her imprevious to any form of insults. I'm helping her out and it's not like she has to take that money. It doesn't matter if I'm completely wrong and she still does have her dignity. As long as I've deemed her to have no dignity, it conveniently excuses me of any wrong doing.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2

None of us are trying to be heros. We just don't understand why you think you have the authority to deem who has dignity and who doesn't. If your mother was dying from cancer, do you think it would be OK if I deemed her to have no dignity? After I've made this wild assumption, I'll leave an envelope filled with money and on the outside I'll write "MONEY FOR THAT WORTHLESS BALD DYING BITCH". Since I've already assumed she has no dignity, it automatically makes her imprevious to any form of insults. I'm helping her out and it's not like she has to take that money. It doesn't matter if I'm completely wrong and she still does have her dignity. As long as I've deemed her to have no dignity, it conveniently excuses me of any wrong doing.

So what you're really saying is, if you had cancer, and didn't have enough money for treatment, and someone left a bagful of money with a sign saying "FOR THE USELESS DYING FUCKER," you would hold onto your shreds of pride and not take the money?

Me, I'd take the money, insulting note or not. It's just words, and having the money and taking a small hit to the ego (That I will conveniently forget about) is a whole lot better than dying.

Same for the bums. Free food, with a free kick to the ego, is a lot better than rancid pizza or starving to death.

Plus, if Jeff just gave away the food with no caveats, it just tells the bums that there's some sympathetic sucker who gives away free food. Maybe Jeff pointing out that they're worthless bums will motivate them to actually find jobs. Who knows?

Carfanman
08-28-2005, 11:35 AM

http://www.portalbecker.de/yoda.jpg

Am I the only one who laughed out loud to that pic?

Haha I laughed when I read that...

All flaming aside, the haters are right about one thing; I can be immature at times. So what? For all the Mother Teresa's in this thread: sorry if I've smashed your notion that I'm a saint. :rolleyes: I'll be the first to admit that I can be an immature fuck, that I do have a mean streak, that I can be a dick (to everyone, not just bums), and also that I have no pretenses about my own misgivings. This isn't to say that I'm complacent about my shortcomings as a human being, that I'm a bad person, but at the same time, I'm not about to pretend that I'm St. Pious the Twelth to avoid flaming over the Internet.

One thing noone can say about jeff is that he isn't honest.

403Gemini
08-28-2005, 12:09 PM
ugh its a joke, and we all chuckled at it. if you say you didnt, you're a liar.

its funny ;) haha. jeffs giving food away! HOW ISNT THAT HELPING! :D

Vypros
08-28-2005, 05:33 PM
This is funny! I like your voice GTS_Jeff :drool:

three.eighteen.
08-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
ugh its a joke, and we all chuckled at it. if you say you didnt, you're a liar.

its funny ;) haha. jeffs giving food away! HOW ISNT THAT HELPING! :D

but its used/old food that might get you sick, homeless people need vitamins and minerals to stave off infection...jeff should also be giving away his medicaitons

Lo)2enz0
08-28-2005, 08:55 PM
and I thought I was going to hell, HA HA HA

oh ya, and for the people bashing jeff, I don't see why. These people and some point in life had the opertunity to make it on there own and have a career. I know some people that I will probably see on the street by the time I am done school and I don't feel sorry for them at all. These guys had some good opertunities to be successful and they decided to throw it all away for drugs. Its sad but some people choice that way of life and it just comes and bites them in the ass.

i feel sorry for homeless people and I know my theology doesn't go for all of them but in some way or form something went wrong. To me they inspire me to get and education because there is no way in hell I will end up like that.

GTS Jeff
08-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

but its used/old food that might get you sick, homeless people need vitamins and minerals to stave off infection...jeff should also be giving away his medicaitons Good idea!

In my next package, I'll include some fungus cream that I have leftover from when I had tinea. :thumbsup:

I'll also include a bottle of vitamin c that came free with something...

BerserkerCatSplat
08-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Good idea!

In my next package, I'll include some fungus cream that I have leftover from when I had tinea.

Don't do that! They'll eat it!! :rofl: