PDA

View Full Version : Can I rely on Scalpers?

hockeybronx
08-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey guys,

Well as some of you know I'm a fanatic Toronto Maple Leafs fan. I'm trying to find a way to get tickets for their home opener on October 5th vs. the Ottawa Senators.

I've looked on Ebay, Ticketmaster, and random searches and nothing is really coming up yet.

My question... I'm honestly considering (if I can't find a ticket) going to Toronto and showing up to the game looking for a Scalper to buy a ticket from. I just don't want to fly all the way there and not find anybody "Scalping" their tickets away.

I know at Flames games there are usually plenty outside, so what does everybody think? Should I roll the dice and hope?

Oh yeah and I'm not worried about getting ripped off on an insane ticket price... it'll be worth it to me!

habsfan
08-26-2005, 07:18 PM
you should easily find scalpers outside the ACC. hell i went to a jays game one night and there were scalpers all the way over by the skydome tryin to sell leafs tickets. shouldnt have any problem

hockeybronx
08-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
you should easily find scalpers outside the ACC. hell i went to a jays game one night and there were scalpers all the way over by the skydome tryin to sell leafs tickets. shouldnt have any problem

Cool thanks. Man I can't wait, opening night is going to be sick!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

K271
08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Tons of scalpers at ACC, my buddies last year got scalped tickets for the gold medal world cup game. Just be prepared to pay a little more than expected, especially on opening night and the fact that hockey has been gone for a full year. You know how Toronto fans are so just be prepared to shell some cash.
check out www.craigslist.com and look under Toronto then tickets.

K271
08-26-2005, 08:37 PM
This guy, is selling tickets to see the leafs in ottawa...

http://toronto.craigslist.org/tix/93100728.html

hockeybronx
08-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by K271
This guy, is selling tickets to see the leafs in ottawa...

http://toronto.craigslist.org/tix/93100728.html

Oh thanks man, but the game is in Ottawa and I just want to go on opening night at the A.C.C:thumbsup:

I'll keep looking and book my flights, and if all else fails I'll fly to Toronto and try my luck.

capn_nobeard
08-26-2005, 09:10 PM
The only thing to worry about if you're buying scalped tickets at the ACC is if the tickets were reported stolen to the box office.

If they are reported stolen, the person scanning a stolen ticket will ask you to go to the box office because theres a problem with the ticket.

It would be a bitch to pay all that money for tickets and not get to see the game

hockeybronx
08-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by capn_nobeard
The only thing to worry about if you're buying scalped tickets at the ACC is if the tickets were reported stolen to the box office.

If they are reported stolen, the person scanning a stolen ticket will ask you to go to the box office because theres a problem with the ticket.

It would be a bitch to pay all that money for tickets and not get to see the game

Yeah that's definitely one major drawback. My plan at this point is that if I can't find any tickets before I leave, I just have to arrive to the rink plenty of time before the game so I can go to a few different people and check out not only where the tickets are at but also the shadyness of the scalper as well.

Who knows, it'll probably be quite the adventure:nut: