PDA

View Full Version : Goph 375 - Natural Disaster & Earth Phenom

DEREK57
08-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Has anyone taken this class before? The topic seems pretty interesting, but Ive heard that apparently its somewhat lame, and somewhat hard. The only class is an evening one, so does anyone that has experience in it think its worth it or not?

Gainsbarre
08-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I was about to ask the same question...I'm currently enrolled in the Winter 2006 lecture of GOPH 375.

D'z Nutz
08-27-2005, 06:12 PM
I took it back in Winter 04. There were two profs teaching it at the time. I thought it was pretty interesting. The midterms and final were all multiple choice. Unfortunately when I took it, it was later on in the day and I'd always fall asleep. Not cause it was boring, but because by that time of the day I'd be so worn out, I'd crash. If that sort of thing interests you, I'd recommend it.

sexualbanana
08-28-2005, 04:27 PM
For the most part, it's a pretty easy class. To me, it seemed a lot like Geology 209. It's not hard so long as you keep up in class.

I got a C+ in the class, but that was because I got screwed on the first midterm. So the fact that I finished with that mark means I aced the other midterm and final. If I can do that, anyone can do that in GOPH375.

I think this year, there's only 1 teacher. I don't know for sure, but I think it's Hilderbrand, he can be a little boring at times. Not as cool as the other prof, but I can't remember his name.

Gainsbarre
08-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Rob Stewart is the other guy who teaches the course...I'm taking it from him in the winter. I noticed that his (Stewart's) infonet ratings are a bit higher, plus the fall lecture conflicts with the Rolling Stones class I'll be taking.

rm777
09-05-2005, 05:00 PM
I took it a couple of years ago. I found it very interesting. Pretty easy class too, I think I got an A-. I think I still have my notes and midterms. Lemme know.

DEREK57
09-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I dropped it...it was just too late in the day.

Jerms
09-07-2005, 03:56 PM
dido

sexualbanana
09-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
Rob Stewart is the other guy who teaches the course...I'm taking it from him in the winter. I noticed that his (Stewart's) infonet ratings are a bit higher, plus the fall lecture conflicts with the Rolling Stones class I'll be taking.

They split the semester. At least that's what they did with my lecture, and my buddy's lecture. Stewart will cover volcanoes and stuff, Hilderbrand covered Floods and stuff