PDA

View Full Version : Incubus

codo
08-28-2005, 12:03 PM
is it worth buying one of their cd's, and if so which one(s)

Stephen81
08-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I've been a fan of Incubus for several years...they've got some great songs. I haven't had a chance to buy their newest CD yet, but "Make Yourself" is a great album (it has the single Drive on it) and "Morning View" is also excellent. I wouldn't call all of their songs radio-friendly but some of them you hear a few times before really liking. Check out a site like this CD Universe (http://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.asp?style=music&HT_SEARCH=XARTIST&HT_SEARCH_INFO=Incubus&cart=267536046&altsearch=yes) where you can preview tracks and stuff if that helps:thumbsup:

l8braker
08-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Incubus! Hell yeah. These guys are some of the most talented guys around, if only they would get their ASSES to Calgary for a show!

First album was Fungus Amougus (LOL) Good album, get it after you listen to the other stuff.

2 - S.C.I.E.N.C.E - Highly underrated album, very experimental and "out there" for sure. If you like different stuff, get it. I recommend it. B+

3- Make Yourself. Please buy this!! Anyone who clicks this and reads it, get it!!! Download it, borrow it! From the first track to the last, your instantly hooked. Damn, I'm gonna play this right now. A++

4 - Morning View - Another great album by these guys. Not as good as Make Yourself, but very, very good. Get this one after Make Yourself. B-

5- Crow Left of The Murder - Very few tracks on this I actually listen to. From a bigtime fan, I still bought it, but was "Somewhat" disappointed. C

Incubus haven't really had a mainstream following or really that much noterity, but thats what makes them great. Great band!

Ryan

hockeybronx
08-28-2005, 11:53 PM
I would mostly recommend you buy the DVD Incubus - Morning View Sessions.

It's a live performance but it's like it's at a Jazz cafe with the audience 360 degrees around the band. The entire DVD is a live and it gives you a great close-up on the band.

It inclues so many of their best songs including Mexico, Pardon Me, The Warmth, Wish You Were Here.

Forget about the cds, buy this DVD... you wont be disappointed.:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
08-29-2005, 12:00 AM
I enjoy alot of Incubus' music. It's good if you're into an acoustic/rock genre and I'd reccommend getting one of their older albums (the one with Drive).

streetarab
08-31-2005, 06:11 PM
their first cd was really hard and raw (fungus amongus)
2nd cd was a little toned down from the first but still pretty out their, my favorite S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
3rd is pretty mello (make yourself)

i dont own thier other cd's but i love their music, their up their on the favorite bands list, like #1 or 2, fuckin talented to no end, and most of their lyrics make sense, which you dont get to often in music anymore