PDA

View Full Version : Two dumbasses in a Talon on Deerfoot friday night

Inzane
08-29-2005, 05:33 PM
I guess this is sort of a street encounter...

I was rolling into Calgary on the north side about 7pm sunday night, had the cruise control set at ~ 125 in the middle lane on HWY 2 (my exit, country hills blvd, is coming up in a couple minutes), minding my own business. I was on my way to attend the annual Calgary Z Club show n' shine which was the following day (sat, aug 26th), staying the night at my parents'.

Suddenly I notice in my rearview mirror a 1st gen Talon/Eclipse coming up real fast in the left lane. I figure no biggy, people drive this highway fast all the time. So as expected the car blows by me. But, then as its about ~ 10 car lengths ahead of me, it slows down and starts pacing me up ahead. Hmmm... interesting.

Then as predicted, the car gradually slowed down (remember, I'm still on cruise), until the gap closes to about 1.5-2 lengths ahead of me, still in the left lane. Again as I predicted, the guy accelerates again and takes off like a bat outta hell. LOL This time he goes way up ahead. I figure at this point he's gone.

Eventually I start getting into heavier traffic and there are slow moving cars and trucks in the middle and right lanes ahead of me, and my exit is coming up soon. I gun it and pass in the left lane, and as I cleared those vehicles low and behold is the Talon up ahead, once again slowed down to a more normal pace. The guy is no doubt watching me in his mirror... I move over into the far right lane and resume my previous speed. The Talon again slows down this time 'til he's practically beside me (he might've even moved over to the center lane). At this point I didn't even bother looking over, I knew what I'll probably see... likely two punks with baseball caps on backwards hoping to start a race. :rolleyes:

By then my exit was there so I signaled and moved over into the off ramp. I'd gotten into town just in time to hit the car wash to clean the bugs off before dinner at my parents'.

What a couple of f#cktards. Perhaps they didn't realize that regardless of what might happen off a traffic light a 300ZXTT is at its very best in a full on highway pull. My only mistake maybe was to not have taken a few minutes out of my schedule that night to have proved that to them. (and missed my exit possibly) But I also don't have a good feel for Calgary's speed enforcement very well either.

The car in question was a 1st gen Talon/Eclipse, green (looked like an aftermarket color, had some metallic), a ground effects kit (side-skirts, etc.) and a big-ass black metal wing which was as high as the upper edge of the car's rear window (for improved downforce, no doubt). :rofl:

EK 2.0
08-29-2005, 05:38 PM
man those DSM-ers...they never learn...and I know the car which you speak of...

He just doesn't do that on "open" roads...seen him do it in the worst traffic conditions too...

ron korolak
08-29-2005, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't classify all DSM's together a ricer/punk is a ricer/punk regardless what you drive.:guns:

EK 2.0
08-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ron korolak
I wouldn't classify all DSM's together a ricer/punk is a ricer/punk regardless what you drive.:guns:

sorry, I should have clarified...I used to be the BIGGEST DSM loyalist on this forum...so that remark was a joke...but sarcasm is hard to sense thru words on a screen...

kryptic
08-29-2005, 05:52 PM
you could always give him the benefit of the doubt..... that that big ass metal wing stuck him to the ground at high speeds and made him slow down .. :rolleyes:

euro_racer
08-29-2005, 06:16 PM
don' t you just HATE those guys who want to race and THINK you are going to pull with them too, in the end i just laugh at them.

like one time on 17th an accord with a fart can riding besides me revving his engine all over 17th. We end up stopping at the light by shell going towards stampede and i see in the parkinglot before a cop car parked. lol i say top my brother "watch this its going to be hillarious" and as i expected the guy is some bube with a cap turned backwards. the next thing dude does is he starts revving his engine and looks over to my car (just like in the movie LOL). and at once he says "you know there is cops back there right?" LOL of course i know DUMBASS, LOL i guess he was under the impression that i was gonna give him a run or something:dunno: LOL what a fool

Inzane
08-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ron korolak
a ricer/punk is a ricer/punk regardless what you drive.:guns:

No doubt. :rofl:

BTW, long time no talk Ron. How've you been? I heard about your nice times at Race City recently. Congrats!

b_t
08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

sorry, I should have clarified...I used to be the BIGGEST DSM loyalist on this forum...so that remark was a joke...but sarcasm is hard to sense thru words on a screen...

just FYI I have since taken his spot :D

but isn't this green 1st gen with the metal wing the one with a crappy Integra headlight conversion?

EK 2.0
08-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by b_t

just FYI I have since taken his spot :D

but isn't this green 1st gen with the metal wing the one with a crappy Integra headlight conversion?

That guy is a close friend of mine, and the car is black...But he doesnt drive like an ass...in fact, he's one of the most docile drivers I know...

talonboi
08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by b_t

far from it, and i wouldnt say it was crappy, takes big balls to do a conversion like that, dsm/honda:dunno: never did fully understand why my bro did it hehe

Police
08-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey to each their own, who gives a fuck if noone else like it.:thumbsup:

fast95pony
08-30-2005, 09:29 AM
I had a Talon with green underglow lights pass me on the shoulder on HWY 2 last week. The was no other traffic except my parents,who were following me in their Westfalia. I was in the right lane doing 110 kph when this moron comes off the Country Hills merge lane moving fast ,but instead of passing me in the centre lane , he moves right and passes me on the shoulder !
Had my parents not been following me,I would have gone after the idiot.:whipped:

SilverBoost
09-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I drive quick on the deerfoot, and some guys think that means I want to race them or something and start acting like dicks. If I blow buy you, it's because I'm driving that quick and am passing you, not egging you on. I blew by some guy the other day in a cavalier and then he decided to blow by me and drive liek an ass and almost took himself out and some other cars. FKN Punks. A lot of dimb asses out there.

Hey if you read this cavalier guy,

you're suspension requirements > you.

way to almost drift it into a wall at 150.

Darwin will step in soon I imagine.

Go4Long
09-03-2005, 06:07 AM
coulda always been data logging too...or coulda just been being a dick

becks_is_back
09-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
I drive quick on the deerfoot, and some guys think that means I want to race them or something and start acting like dicks. If I blow buy you, it's because I'm driving that quick and am passing you, not egging you on. I blew by some guy the other day in a cavalier and then he decided to blow by me and drive liek an ass and almost took himself out and some other cars. FKN Punks. A lot of dimb asses out there.

Hey if you read this cavalier guy,

you're suspension requirements > you.

way to almost drift it into a wall at 150.

Darwin will step in soon I imagine.

hahahahahahaha i had something similer happen to me, i was crusing on the highway at like 150, passes a cavalier, 10 minutes later is goes flying by me:rofl:

DSM Power
09-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
But I also don't have a good feel for Calgary's speed enforcement very well either.
No doubt, otherwise you would slowed down long before Country Hills as there's usually photoradar just inside the City's northern limits. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by SilverBoost
I drive quick on the deerfoot, and some guys think that means I want to race them or something and start acting like dicks. If I blow buy you, it's because I'm driving that quick and am passing you, not egging you on.
Too funny because I remember passing a car that looks a lot like yours one day on Deerfoot while datalogging and you had the same reaction and sped up. :rofl: :rofl: (I since learned not to datalog on Deerfoot too :rolleyes: )