PDA

View Full Version : got a ticket. need help!!

michelinman79
08-29-2005, 09:38 PM
heres the thing, i revieved a $350 violation ticket for possesing two pieces of ID. one was mine the other was someone elses. however after the ticket was given to me the cop gave me back my ID and the fake ID aswell. i was under the impression that he had to confinscate the fake. i need to know if i can fight this and win or go to court and create a big head ache. i think the cop screwed him self big time. please, im trusting the beyond members for any feed back.

P.S. do i need a lawyer?????

thanks alot

Z24_3.1.
08-29-2005, 09:43 PM
why in the helll would u give him fake id bro just pay that 350 and fukk it dont try to fight it

unfocus
08-29-2005, 09:44 PM
yah u made the mistake on giving him the fake id...
unless he saw u pulling out ur id and saw the other one aswell...

u could fight it say u were holding it for ur friend or that he left it at ur palce and u were going to retun it to him i dunno ..

MrPid
08-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Even A cheap lawyer's not even gonna sneeze at you for less than a 4 figure retainer. If all you got was a $350 ticket any of your options are cheaper than a lawyer - pay it quietly, say "Doh" just like homer for being stupid enough to give him the fake id, and be thankful that it didn't bloom into something uglier.

Sharpie
08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
:werd: Why would you give him a fake id?

Zero102
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
So, you admit to posessing it, and want to fight it because he gave it back to you? :rolleyes:
Oh dear, now you want to know if you need a lawyer......

michelinman79
08-29-2005, 10:59 PM
i was wondering if i need a lawyer cuz when i fought my speeding ticket some chick was fighting some other ticket and she was asked if she had a lawyer, if not i think they provide you with one at "family and youth court". but dident the cop make a big mistake giving both IDs back. like isent that some sort or imporper procedure or something.

HuMz
08-29-2005, 11:05 PM
call points, im sure they will get it reduced if not thrown out, only problem is they will charge a flat fee which is around $350

Raz
08-29-2005, 11:10 PM
you don't need a lawyer

you're a dumbass for showing the cop your fake id, or for even having one - honestly?!

and just go to court and ask for time to pay, it doesn't count towards insurance, it doesn't have demerits, it isn't a criminal offense, just pay it over the next 6 months and learn the lesson that you aren't supposed to give your fake ID to a cop..

:nut: