PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious "Rolland effect"

Pages : [1] 2

abyss
08-30-2005, 11:02 AM
By the suggestion of one of it's victims, this is a support group offering for sufferers of the infamous "Rolland effect". There are a few known cases already of this strange phenomenon and so I decided to start a thread to help sufferers and their spouses/significant others to meet other afflicted persons as well as have support, should they so require it. There is no known cure for the "Rolland effect" but many people are happily coping with this affliction by owning a newly turboed Honda.

Not sure if you suffer from the "Rolland effect"? Symptoms are as follows...

- The sudden urge and need to own a Turboed Honda, especially if historically your sentiments were with another auto maker.

- A general feeling of euphoria at the initial instance of "infection". NOTE. All cases seem to be a direct result of getting the chance to drive Rolland's turboed Civic.

The only known prevention of the "Rolland effect" is to turn down an offer to drive Rolland's car, which seems awfully hard to do.

We've already lost a few people to this phenomenon, so please beware of the risks involved to unsuspecting friends/family that ever get the chance to drive Rolland's car.

My name is Abyss..... I lost my Nissan loving fiance to the "Rolland effect". :cry:

Please share your stories of someone you know afflicted by the "Rolland effect".

:rofl: :devil:

gpomp
08-30-2005, 11:13 AM
i've had this for 2 and a half years. :(

Primer_Drift
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
:rofl:
I understand this strangely enough.. I had a quick spin about 2 years ago.

There was much mention of the spooling and blowoff valve noises that I didn't really understand. The suspension had a go-cart like feel. The toxic fumes from the open wastegate and the various flashing lights of his gauges gave me a headache - I was hooked. :clap:

benyl
08-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Wait till he gets to try the Benyl effect.

Melinda
08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Oh April, you have no idea how bad it is yet! My home is the headquarters of this strange phenominon (is it a phenominon or is it a disease?)

I have met the victims, seen the homewrecker that is the turbo honda at work. Haha I have kept many a girlfriend or wife company while her husband or boyfriend is brainwashed by the Rolland effect and you and Minh seem to be it's next victims.

Haha this support group is a good idea. Put an end to it now before you are in the same situation as I am. Losing him to the late nights and weekends in the garage. Rolland doesn't take his vacation time off work to go on trips or to lay about the house being relaxed and lazy, he takes his time off to replace/upgrade turbos and engines, and to help his victims with their own projects and problems. Like right now, he has a week off of work and he is sitting in the garage as we speak, putting a new engine into a car because the turbo wear has weakened the existing "heart" of his car, completely unaware that this intervention has even been put into place.

Sign me up for the next meeting :D

rage2
08-30-2005, 11:44 AM
The rage2 effect is fucking expensive. lol

egmike
08-30-2005, 11:50 AM
I heard the legendboy effect is crazy too, and the egmike effect ...lol

Aleks
08-30-2005, 11:51 AM
mmmmmmm turbo
When i take people out for spins they usually get pretty scared. It's funny watching guys pretend they are not scared for their lives LOL.

One spin in gpomp's civic made me sell my nissan and buy a teg and turbo it.

legendboy
08-30-2005, 11:51 AM
The legendboy effect C@U535 bR@In D@M@G3 y0!

lol

egmike
08-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
mmmmmmm turbo
When i take people out for spins they usually get pretty scared. It's funny watching guys pretend they are not scared for their lives LOL.

SO that would be the GPOMP effect ? yes ?

haha

benyl
mmmmmmm turbo

Yeah, a lot people who have driven my car say that it is too much and basically scare themselves...

The fear is the best part... lol

There are a number of cars that are faster than mine... haha I bet I would scare myself in those.

legendboy
Originally posted by egmike

SO that would be the GPOMP effect ? yes ?

haha

haha

Originally posted by benyl
There are a number of cars that are faster than mine... haha I bet I would scare myself in those.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Smiles/bowdown.gif

b_t
08-30-2005, 12:06 PM
...i hate to say it, but I think I am suffering from the rolland effect because I like the way Integras look, and the numbers all these turbo hondas pull down, while my turbo ESi weighs to much to manage much more then 14s.

Hollywood
08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
I have a different opinion of what the "Rolland Effect" is, not really related to cars though.

egmike
08-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
I have a different opinion of what the "Rolland Effect" is, not really related to cars though.

Please elaborate :rofl:

legendboy
08-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by b_t
...i hate to say it, but I think I am suffering from the rolland effect because I like the way Integras look

CIVIC CIVIC! :drama:

I take it your speaking from first hand experience

dANK
08-30-2005, 01:23 PM
somewhat confused

roland is gpomp and he has turbo?:drool: :nut: :dunno:

i wish i had turbo :love:

BokCh0y
08-30-2005, 01:24 PM
all this turbo talk makes me wanna take the replacment wedding band i just bought for my wife and return it. mmmmm turbo.

benyl
08-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Rolland is not gpomp.

Rolland is Smelly sock... errr Dirty sohc

dANK
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
lol ok ok ok

wasnt sure

but shiiit must be a fast ass car

legendboy
08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by dANK
but shiiit must be a fast ass car

naw not really haha

Primer_Drift
08-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Can't wait for his comments

QuasarCav
08-30-2005, 01:51 PM
The first aftermarket turbo car I rode in was Alek's integra, it was pretty quick and there were some choice words out of my mouth.

Than I rode in Rollands car and it was even quicker with more of a go-kart feel due to the small size and LSD. I've have never seen a car get to 160 so fast..... Than I rode in GPomp's civic and it was a little crazy. Watching him grip the wheel with both hands trying to keep in his lane. 160 came even quicker, and that thing could grip even on the RSA's.

I have to hide my credit card because a turbo kit is only an ATM away.

rage2
08-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Take a ride in Aleks and gpomp's cars after this weekend's tune. It's a LOT faster now haha.

heavyD
08-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Apparently a few Honda owners are afflicted to some sort of addiction to speed as they keep offering their cars as trade for my Eclipse. :poosie:

Aleks
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
The first aftermarket turbo car I rode in was Alek's integra, it was pretty quick and there were some choice words out of my mouth.

Than I rode in Rollands car and it was even quicker with more of a go-kart feel due to the small size and LSD. I've have never seen a car get to 160 so fast..... Than I rode in GPomp's civic and it was a little crazy. Watching him grip the wheel with both hands trying to keep in his lane. 160 came even quicker, and that thing could grip even on the RSA's.

I have to hide my credit card because a turbo kit is only an ATM away.

It's a lot quicker now that I have 85 more whp :angel: What I don't get is how legendboy drives his with 410whp that thing must be very scary!

max_boost
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'll stick to N/A :D

legendboy
08-30-2005, 02:18 PM
What I don't get is how legendboy drives his with 410whp that thing must be very scary!

its easy! just put your foot to the floor, close your eyes and hold on!! hah

seriously tho, at the track, i have to one hand the wheel for the whole run, running 15psi of air in my drag radials barreling down the track at 190kms is a little sketchy :rofl:

dANK
08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
lol shit if i were to get a turbo im pretty sure ide be taking out a cash advance from the OL CC and getting legend boy to build and tune it :drool:

that is if his expertise is available

:angel:

Weapon_R
08-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Apparently a few Honda owners are afflicted to some sort of addiction to speed as they keep offering their cars as trade for my Eclipse. :poosie:

That's because turbo honda owners quickly become jealous of DSM reliability :)

EK 2.0
08-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'll stick to N/A :D

Amen Brother...haha...

Rolland and CivicDXR are the reasons I bought an EK...

heavyD
08-30-2005, 04:08 PM
From personal experience with my B16A and my brother's B18C they both had a healthy appetite for oil. Does it get much worse after a turbo install and frequent high RPM driving?

Seanith
08-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I've only had a short ride in Rollands car so it hasn't hit me too hard yet lol
I won't say no to a ride again in a turbo'd honda though :D

Aleks
08-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
From personal experience with my B16A and my brother's B18C they both had a healthy appetite for oil. Does it get much worse after a turbo install and frequent high RPM driving?

My motor uses less than .5L per 5000K if that. Maybe the key is Not having vtec :)

Hollywood
08-30-2005, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by legendboy
I take it your speaking from first hand experience

The "Rolland Effect" to me is this;

1. Take a cool guy thats fun to hang around with.
2. Add a girlfriend.
3. Change into someone COMPLETELY different from who you used to know.
4. Stop talking and hanging out with your buddies unless its a 403 meet.
5. Get upset your buddies cause they dont hang around with you anymore.
6. Refuse to chug a beer on your birthday with your friends.

Mix all these together and you get the true "Rolland effect."

Weapon_R
08-30-2005, 06:03 PM

2. Add a girlfriend.

:rofl: sounds like things went downhill after step 2 came into the pic

Dave P
08-30-2005, 06:12 PM
It burn when i pees, is it the same feeling?

haha

b_t
08-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

:rofl: sounds like things went downhill after step 2 came into the pic

They usually do

legendboy
08-30-2005, 06:44 PM
:rofl: funny shit

DJ Lazy
08-30-2005, 07:04 PM
I wanna experience the "legendboy effect".... :nut: :D

Or any effect for that matter... :rofl:

abyss
08-30-2005, 09:10 PM

2. Add a girlfriend.

:drama: You sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend. If you want to start flinging shit, go to the zoo and party with the other monkeys and stop tainting my thread with your below the belt insults.

Hollywood
08-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by abyss

:drama: You sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend. If you want to start flinging shit, go to the zoo and party with the other monkeys and stop tainting my thread with your below the belt insults.

But you told me to....look..:dunno:

Originally posted by abyss
Please share your stories of someone you know afflicted by the "Rolland effect".

Originally posted by Dave P
It burn when i pees, is it the same feeling?

haha

Hahaha. I'm just stirring it up giving him rolland a hard time.

Davetronz
08-30-2005, 09:29 PM

2. Add a girlfriend.

Hmmm

By "adding a girlfriend" to the equation I dont think Rolland is any less of a person or friend.
The person you are referring to (who I have known for over 5 years now) introduced me to Rolland. From what I have gotten to know from him he is a stand up guy and a good friend who is there to help out and offer advice or a hand to anyone that needs it at any time.
People grow up over time and may not find as much appeal to chugging beers, drinking and smoking as they did back in college/high school. Some people mature faster than others.
I have never met you Hollywood but if you are one of Rollands buds I am sure you are a good guy (despite some pictures I have seen in Ask Leo)... Instead of posting this on a forum, step up to the plate and discuss this with your friend one on one or over the phone. All this does is gets everyone involved more heated up...
In closing, I guess all I can say is that most people are happy for their close friends when they find a significant other who they chose to have a serious relationship with...
:dunno:

abyss
08-30-2005, 09:30 PM

But you told me to....look..:dunno:

I'm pretty sure I also clearly displayed the "symptoms" of the "Rolland effect". I didn't notice any similarites between my defined symptoms and yours....strange......

Toma
08-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Who's Rolland? :dunno:

:poosie:

mroseneder
08-30-2005, 09:40 PM
The girlfriend or "Roland" effect on me:

Had super nice MKIV Jetta with 18" wheels, 45 mm lowering kit, coil overs, CAI, a few custom interior parts and 5k for a turbo kit.

Girlfriend couldn't drive standard. Traded car and 5k in for a 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT that gets 17 mpg (because it was an automatic and a 4X4). Girlfriend now bitches because she has to park it.

Got mad at 17 mpg. Bought a bike (65 mpg). Now girlfriend wants a bike. Bought girlfriend a bike. Girlfriend bitches because bike isnt as fast as my bike. Sell both bikes and buy matching bikes. Now very broke. Buy ring. Propose to girlfriend. Very, very, very broke.

Figure that one out....

On the note of custom turbos, I have access to a couple of nice turbos through my work (getting specs ATM)... anyone wanna custom build a turbo setup and intercoolers for my 4.7L Dodge V8? A supercharger is 6000 dollars and will only give me 300 whp. (220 crank is factory)... Seriously, I can get turbos... we just need manifolds for each side ;) Let's twin turbo my 4X4!

88CRX
08-30-2005, 09:41 PM
to tell you the truth... i've NEVER riden in a turbo honda.... none of them.... :( :(

dont know if thats a good or a bad thing? but if anyone wants to donate a ride :dunno: :D

dj_rice
08-30-2005, 09:53 PM
OMG

I gots the Boosted Blacktop Taxi Effect

abyss
08-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
OMG

I gots the Boosted Blacktop Taxi Effect

It only counts as boosted AFTER you finish installing the turbo btw ...;) Stop hijacking my thread! lol, do YOU need support for the "Rolland effect"?

Dirty_SOHC
08-30-2005, 10:02 PM

2. Add a girlfriend.

Originally posted by legendboy
:rofl: funny shit

Hey Adrian, I'm getting tired of this bullshit. You have no right to slander me or my girlfriend... My personal life and my relationship are not up for Public discussion. This should be plain and simple. If you still have an issue you would like to discuss, I suggest that you contact me directly.

I truly don’t believe you deserve an explanation, but I going to tell you anyways since all your information is mislead and second hand. The choices I have made in the last two years are of my own. I quit partying because it caught up to me and it was making me very ill, I’ve had severe cases of pneumonia twice due to my smoking. I have quit once again and have been very successful lately. When I quit smoking I had to quit drinking since both go hand in hand. I have made these choices for my self and my health. Melinda has been great for supporting me thru all my ordeals. There is no need to blame her, for I choose my current lifestyle. If you truly a good friend of mine you would be happy for the choices that I have made on my own and choose to support me. But instead you hold on to the past and whine about missing your drinking buddie.

Rolland

hampstor
08-30-2005, 10:05 PM
wow look what i started...

I'd like to say even though i haven't known Rolland for very long, he's been there to help me and offer any advice i have needed. Not to mention he "cooked" the best dinner for me and April... ;)

He's a good friend and one of the nicest guys I know. Yes he may not have always been like this, but he is now.

As far as this "Rolland Effect" i'll have to say that my decisions are my own and motivated by the desire to save money and drive something I enjoy. Having driven Rolland's car, I can honestly say that I haven't had a car put a smile on my face quite like that in a long time. It wasn't that it was the fastest car i've driven or anything, it was just a fun car to drive.

Seanith
08-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

Hey Adrian, I'm getting tired of this bullshit. You have no right to slander me or my girlfriend... My personal life and my relationship are not up for Public discussion. This should be plain and simple. If you still have an issue you would like to discuss, I suggest that you contact me directly.

I truly don’t believe you deserve an explanation, but I going to tell you anyways since all your information is mislead and second hand. The choices I have made in the last two years are of my own. I quit partying because it caught up to me and it was making me very ill, I’ve had severe cases of pneumonia twice due to my smoking. I have quit once again and have been very successful lately. When I quit smoking I had to quit drinking since both go hand in hand. I have made these choices for my self and my health. Melinda has been great for supporting me thru all my ordeals. There is no need to blame her, for I choose my current lifestyle. If you truly a good friend of mine you would be happy for the choices that I have made on my own and choose to support me. But instead you hold on to the past and whine about missing your drinking buddie.

Rolland

:clap:

ecstasy_civic
08-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Rolland

:thumbsup:
I made the same choices, stopped drinking, changed my lifestyle, mostly gave up with doing things to cars.
Best part is, it took my gf leaving for me to figure it all out:rofl::(

Davetronz
08-30-2005, 10:13 PM

Rolland

Well put.
The same thing happened to me, I got into a serious relationship, had to make some changes, grew up and moved on... Those who were able to adapt to the changes are still my friends, those who didnt/wouldnt aren't anymore.....

mroseneder
08-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Misery loves company. My uncle and aunt got divorced when he quit drinking and smoking because she had no drinking/smoking buddy anymore.

I know when I quit smoking, I stopped going to the bars and realized quickly who my good friends were....

DJ Lazy
08-30-2005, 10:16 PM

2. Add a girlfriend.

I truly don�t believe you deserve an explanation, but I going to tell you anyways since all your information is mislead and second hand. The choices I have made in the last two years are of my own. I quit partying because it caught up to me and it was making me very ill, I�ve had severe cases of pneumonia twice due to my smoking. I have quit once again and have been very successful lately. When I quit smoking I had to quit drinking since both go hand in hand. I have made these choices for my self and my health. Melinda has been great for supporting me thru all my ordeals. There is no need to blame her, for I choose my current lifestyle. If you truly a good friend of mine you would be happy for the choices that I have made on my own and choose to support me. But instead you hold on to the past and whine about missing your drinking buddie.

Rolland

Wow... This thread took a quick turn.. http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/images/smilies/new/0509/nervous.gif

One a side note however I still haven't been offered a ride in anyones turbo honduh!!:cry:

Aleks
08-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
to tell you the truth... i've NEVER riden in a turbo honda.... none of them.... :( :(

dont know if thats a good or a bad thing? but if anyone wants to donate a ride :dunno: :D

I can take you for a spin sometime if you want :)

benyl
08-30-2005, 10:25 PM
So much honda love in this thread...

No love for the suby?

Everyone makes choices in their life. I am glad to see some people also stand up for their choices.

mroseneder
08-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I'd love a ride in an STi... or a turbo Honda.. I see you guys at the track every Friday and I'm pretty impressed... Havent had the balls to come and introduce myself that is..

Hollywood
08-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Davetronz

Hmmm

By "adding a girlfriend" to the equation I dont think Rolland is any less of a person or friend.
The person you are referring to (who I have known for over 5 years now) introduced me to Rolland. From what I have gotten to know from him he is a stand up guy and a good friend who is there to help out and offer advice or a hand to anyone that needs it at any time.
People grow up over time and may not find as much appeal to chugging beers, drinking and smoking as they did back in college/high school. Some people mature faster than others.
I have never met you Hollywood but if you are one of Rollands buds I am sure you are a good guy (despite some pictures I have seen in Ask Leo)... Instead of posting this on a forum, step up to the plate and discuss this with your friend one on one or over the phone. All this does is gets everyone involved more heated up...
In closing, I guess all I can say is that most people are happy for their close friends when they find a significant other who they chose to have a serious relationship with...
:dunno:

Your right. Then we can hold hands and go to church together!

Rolland

a. I never slandered your girlfriend in this post, you directed that way in your post, not me. It was about u. I dont blame melinda for your changes you are your own person with your own free will.
b. Smoking was never in the topic, I dont even smoke, smoking is a nasty habit.
c. It became non-personal discussion when u posted back.
d. The major changes in you had nothing to do with drinking or not, mostly they way you acted and talked, it was different.
e. I am truley glad your in good health now.
f. REALLY I was giving you a hard time with what I posted. I'm a dick at times I know, I stir things up, I know, but it sounds like your in a better place not being friends with a rotten piece of shit dirt bag like my self anyways.

hampstor
08-30-2005, 11:15 PM
:hijack:

stevieo
08-30-2005, 11:21 PM

I can take you for a spin sometime if you want :)

Aleks, take me for a spin!

or Gpomp!

maybe that will convince me to finish my turbo build faster...haha.

Dirty_SOHC
08-30-2005, 11:27 PM

2. Add a girlfriend.

a. I never slandered your girlfriend in this post, you directed that way in your post, not me. It was about u. I dont blame melinda for your changes you are your own person with your own free will.
b. Smoking was never in the topic, I dont even smoke, smoking is a nasty habit.
c. It became non-personal discussion when u posted back.
d. The major changes in you had nothing to do with drinking or not, mostly they way you acted and talked, it was different.
e. I am truley glad your in good health now.
f. REALLY I was giving you a hard time with what I posted. I'm a dick at times I know, I stir things up, I know, but it sounds like your in a better place not being friends with a rotten piece of shit dirt bag like my self anyways.

Adrian, please reread your original post you made. If you had no intention to slander my girlfriend, then why was she mentioned? If you want to be my friend then show me some respect and maturity that I know you are capable of.

Rolland

gpomp
08-30-2005, 11:30 PM
if anyone wants a ride, it better be soon. im leaving in 4 days!

Hollywood
08-30-2005, 11:49 PM

Adrian, please reread your original post you made. If you had no intention to slander my girlfriend, then why was she mentioned? If you want to be my friend then show me some respect and maturity that I know you are capable of.

Rolland

Rolland, Rolland, Rolland. Melinda's name was never mentioned specifically, it was a generalization "A girlfriend". There was no slander in my post about Melinda at all, 100%. You need to understand this; You are your own person, if you change, you need to take responsibility for yourself, no one else is the scapegoat.

If you don't understand what I'm saying here then it is a lost cause trying to explain further.

Davetronz
08-30-2005, 11:52 PM

Your right. Then we can hold hands and go to church together!

Whatever gets you off dude... I don't think Rolland is in to that but toss up a post in Ask Leo and you might get some interest from someone else...

I understand what you are saying but I still think you are taking it to the extreme...

I am going to leave this up to Rolland, you and the others involved. Hopefully you come to some sort of resolution that wont end in everyone going separate ways...

Davetronz
08-30-2005, 11:55 PM

Rolland, Rolland, Rolland. Melinda's name was never mentioned specifically, it was a generalization "A girlfriend".
Dude, I'm am no where close to an English major or a literary guru but when posting about Rolland and attaching a "gets a girlfriend" on there are we to assume that you are referring to Yohan's Dorris or maybe his imaginary girlfriend?

finboy
08-31-2005, 12:02 AM
hmmmm

FIGHT TO THE DEATH :D

Davetronz
08-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Finboy: I only fight for sandwiches...

EK 2.0
08-31-2005, 12:32 AM
So much honda love in this thread...

No love for the suby?

Everyone makes choices in their life. I am glad to see some people also stand up for their choices.

I love STi's...now can I drive it?? haha

Originally posted by gpomp
if anyone wants a ride, it better be soon. im leaving in 4 days!

Leave me your keys...I'll make sure she gets taken care of while you are out east again...

Primer_Drift
08-31-2005, 12:34 AM
Finboy: I only fight for sandwiches...
^^^
McD's?

This thread now reminds me of the sandwich comerical on the radio..

DannyO
08-31-2005, 04:45 AM
Oh man I'd love to get a ride in one of these fast cars, Gpomp I'd take you up on that offer, but won't have time until saturday when I guess your leavin town, its prolly for the best though, I'm paying of some shit right now and saving for a turbo for next spring, if I got a ride in one of these fast cars right now, I'd prolly have a turbo on my car within 6 weeks.

But soon I will join the dark honda turbo side, so come next year I'll be contacting legendboy and rage2.

Aleks
08-31-2005, 07:05 AM
If anyone wants a ride come talk to me at SS this friday as I'll most likely be there racing and we can set something up, within reason of course. If you're thinking of going turbo and need a final push I'd gladly help out :D

benyl
08-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

I love STi's...now can I drive it?? haha

You drove it and you got a ride at the last track day...

Getting greedy? Is you NA honda not enough for you? ;) :D :D

EK 2.0
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM

You drove it and you got a ride at the last track day...

Getting greedy? Is you NA honda not enough for you? ;) :D :D

But I have the "Bernard Effect"...haha...and just to confirm it I think I need to drive your car...
:burnout: :burnout:
:burnout: :burnout:

haha...

legendboy
08-31-2005, 08:56 AM
The choices I have made in the last two years are of my own. I quit partying because it caught up to me and it was making me very ill, I’ve had severe cases of pneumonia twice due to my smoking. I have quit once again and have been very successful lately. When I quit smoking I had to quit drinking since both go hand in hand. I have made these choices for my self and my health. Melinda has been great for supporting me thru all my ordeals. There is no need to blame her, for I choose my current lifestyle. If you truly a good friend of mine you would be happy for the choices that I have made on my own and choose to support me. But instead you hold on to the past and whine about missing your drinking buddie.

Rolland

Seriously dude, this isn't even about drinking or smoking, your whole attitude/personality changed, like all of a sudden you were too good for us or something...... seriously man, I lived with you while the transformation took place! It was after that whole ordeal blah blah check pm

dj_honda
08-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Leave me your keys...I'll make sure she gets taken care of while you are out east again...

if hes leaving the keys with anybody, it will be me:burnout:

DannyO
08-31-2005, 01:49 PM
If anyone wants a ride come talk to me at SS this friday as I'll most likely be there racing and we can set something up, within reason of course. If you're thinking of going turbo and need a final push I'd gladly help out :D

Even though I shouldn't, I might have to take you up on that offer :D, does anyone know what time SS goes to?, I don't finish work till 11:30, I can be at SS by around 12.

Ben
08-31-2005, 02:51 PM
I have nothing but respect for Rolland and Melinda, good for them.

They've always been super nice people ever since I met them years ago.

Sure maybe people have changed, but change isn't neccessarily for the worse. Change for health reasons is huge, and I totally relate with the "caught up with me" part. I'm just not big into partys and getting absolutly smashed anymore.

Most people have to "grow up" some time (not saying that the other people involved with this are still kids, just different goals at this stage of the game), and by the sounds of it, recent events such as looking for a home to settle down into and stuff, it's about priorities. Once this midset sets in, the things you used to do all the time suddenly seem insignifficant and not as much of a priority anymore.

I'm not going to get into the hearsay and rumors I've heard but I feel he's made the right decision.

Many people hear what they wanna hear, think what they wanna think. When someone is a certain way for a long period of time and then makes drastic lifestyle changes in a short period of time, it can seem the way of acting arrogant I guess, as it's a move away from the lifestyle that was once shared, and can seemingly mean "he's too good for us" however if I know Rolland the way I think I know him, and from the things I have heard about him, I dont think it was this idea at all, merely self improvement and planning for future events.

Sometimes we have to look out for ourselves every once and a while.

That said, I definatly need to find out what this whole Turbo Honda effect is. Last time I was in one, it was gpomps d15 that ran like ass, had boost problems and wasn't tuned.

cman
08-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

neither have I haha.
I am a very willing participant for anyones effect, its better than the tonne of steel jbody effect. or minivan effect. or public transit effect!:D

rage2
08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
I went thru the grow up phase already. I think I'm in the mid-life crisis phase right now. It's a lot more fun in this stage lol.

heavyD
08-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I went thru the grow up phase already. I think I'm in the mid-life crisis phase right now. It's a lot more fun in this stage lol.

You have no idea what a mid-life crisis phase is.;)

EK 2.0
08-31-2005, 06:01 PM

esp when you cna choose between a UBER:bigpimp: SLK...or a 12467930562739575RwHP Porsche 944:D

Davetronz
08-31-2005, 06:54 PM
It's a lot more fun in this stage lol.
Yea more money to fuel the mid-life crisis... A mid-life crisis is NOTHING without toys!

Police
08-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Rolland took me for a ride in his car haha it was fun and fast until cops came into the picture, no we did not get busted lol sorry to get your hopes up j/k.:burnout:

ecstasy_civic
08-31-2005, 10:00 PM

Yea more money to fuel the mid-life crisis... A mid-life crisis is NOTHING without toys!

cough* my dad * cough lol

Sky
08-31-2005, 10:36 PM
you guys are funny :D greatest of all effects is the"Beyond Effect" made me spend ALOT of my money on a car.....:( sometimes I just gotta go for a drive and try not to look at my bank account online...haha

LUDELVR
08-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
I wanna experience the "legendboy effect".... :nut: :D

To experience the legendboy effect you gotta be female and under 16 :devil: :poosie: :poosie: :rofl: :rofl: :devil:

DJ Lazy
08-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

To experience the legendboy effect you gotta be female and under 16 :devil: :poosie: :poosie: :rofl: :rofl: :devil:

:cry:

craigcd
09-01-2005, 01:15 AM
This thread has progressed nicely from the first time i looked.:poosie:

legendboy
09-01-2005, 08:07 AM
haha

finboy
09-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

i don't even want to ask what the "hollywood" effect is :barf: :barf: :barf:

legendboy
09-01-2005, 09:25 AM
I think it would involve.........poo :rofl:

benyl
09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
:barf: :barf: :barf:

poo... hahah

Hollywood
09-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by finboy

I dont know what you guys are talking about??:dunno:

:poosie:

Dave P
09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by finboy

Dog in a Bathtub - This is the proper name for when you attempt to insert your nuts into a girl's ass. It is so named because it can be just as hard as keeping a dog in the tub while giving it a bath.

The Blumpkin - You need to find a real tramp to do this right. It involves having her suck you off while you're on the shitter.

The Chili Dog - You take a dump on the girl's chest and then titty fuck her.

Gaylord Perry - Going to only one knuckle during an anal probe is for wimps. Make this famous knuckle-ball pitcher proud and use multiple digits on that virgin corn hole. A minimum of 2 knuckles required (either on one finger or on multiple).

The Throne of Lightning - This is done by fucking a girl while you shit in a toilet. When you're going to blow your load, turn her over and dunk her head in the toilet, while she's bobbing for your turd plummet a river of semen in her ass. Not to be confused with "Ride the Lightning," a Metallica album

hahahah

Hollywood
09-01-2005, 06:05 PM

Dog in a Bathtub - This is the proper name for when you attempt to insert your nuts into a girl's ass. It is so named because it can be just as hard as keeping a dog in the tub while giving it a bath.

The Blumpkin - You need to find a real tramp to do this right. It involves having her suck you off while you're on the shitter.

Gaylord Perry - Going to only one knuckle during an anal probe is for wimps. Make this famous knuckle-ball pitcher proud and use multiple digits on that virgin corn hole. A minimum of 2 knuckles required (either on one finger or on multiple).

The Throne of Lightning - This is done by fucking a girl while you shit in a toilet. When you're going to blow your load, turn her over and dunk her head in the toilet, while she's bobbing for your turd plummet a river of semen in her ass. Not to be confused with "Ride the Lightning," a Metallica album

hahahah

Dude..........................ur on your own with all that! :nut:

All though thanks to you DaveP, I guess Melinda cant 'pm bitch me out' about ruining Abyss's thread anymore!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

DJ Lazy
09-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Is this thread even about Rolland anymore... :rofl: :rofl: Or Turbo hondas............ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GreyFox
09-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by cman

I am a very willing participant for anyones effect, its better than the tonne of steel jbody effect. or minivan effect. or public transit effect!:D

:banghead: for jbody effect
:banghead: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow for public transit effect haha

I always watch those videos of supercharged mustangs, and you know that whine that the supercharger makes? Well my car makes the exact same sound! Cept mine is a broken transmission :cry:

DannyO
09-02-2005, 04:17 AM

hahahah

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WTF man, holy shit, I feel like crying now.:cry: