PDA

View Full Version : ENGG201 labs and formal report

oldenelguy
08-30-2005, 12:05 PM
is anyone going into engg201 at the u of c? i just finished it during summer......it's a BIAAATCH....maybe it won't be too bad with more time to do the labs during a regular 4 month semester, but during only two months....holy shit...the final week of the semester, we had a lab report, the formal report and the final exam.......which, by the way, the exam nicely handed me my ass.....lol

anyways, i have my lab reports and formal report (except lab 1) on my computer in Word. Also, all of the spreadsheets you need (in Excel) to do all the graphs and tables....

if anyone wants a copy, let me know, I will sell them for cheap....just let me know if you want me to burn you a copy or email them to you...

it makes life A LOT easier having something to go on......

old enel guy

V6-BoI
08-30-2005, 12:33 PM
You thought ENGG 201 was hard? Wait till you hit PHYS 259, it's THE weeder course in first year.

sabad66
08-30-2005, 12:34 PM
I just got an e-mail saying that it will start the first week of school. I may need to get those notes off you.

oldenelguy
08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
lol...that's what i hear....luckily for me, i went to U of C a long time ago....back then they had phys 269 in the first year, now it's phys 369.

the undergrad office said that i might not have to take 259 because i have credit in 269.....

how that works i am not too sure, but hopefully....

if not, i am just gonna take it in spring or summer...it'll be the last one that i take for first year.....

oldenelguy
08-30-2005, 12:36 PM
pm me if you want to get them.....it will save you HOURS of time

BerserkerCatSplat
08-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Have fun in good ol' 259...

Seanith
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah the physics courses were much harder than 201.. and btw your SELLING your notes? Thats hella weak man :thumbsdow

oldenelguy
08-30-2005, 04:10 PM
nope...i am not selling the notes...lol...just the lab reports and the formal report.......

it'll make life hella easier for people with the tables and graphs already done for them.......

i am not doing it to make a bunch of cash...just so that i can cover the cost of the cd......and a couple bucks extra

i know that if i would have had the spreadsheets and an outline done for me before hand i would have saved a bunch of time

H4LFY2nR
08-30-2005, 05:47 PM
PHYS259 is the hardest of first year for sure. ENGG 201 was just a bitch because of all the lab write ups and the formal report.

n00bit
08-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Why not just give your lab reports and formal report to some kid for free? That's what everyone else does.

Seanith
08-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by n00bit
Why not just give your lab reports and formal report to some kid for free? That's what everyone else does.

:werd: Exactly what I was getting at

BerserkerCatSplat
08-30-2005, 06:04 PM
^No kidding, everyone normally lends theirs out for the good of the student community.

V6-BoI
08-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by oldenelguy

the undergrad office said that i might not have to take 259 because i have credit in 269.....

Yeah that would be a big weight lifted off of your shoulders if that is the case. But if not, just take it during spring/summer, it'll probably be easier. And for this class, try to get your hand on the old labs, that's also a big help. Heh engineering is all about road maps, and "comparing" work, haha.

FiveFreshFish
08-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by oldenelguy
lol...that's what i hear....luckily for me, i went to U of C a long time ago....back then they had phys 269 in the first year, now it's phys 369.

Long time ago? :hijack:

Long time ago in ENEL means to me...
- Student ID numbers start with 8
- Zoo had their own red jackets and the Mechs had black jackets in addition to the blue/grey faculty ones
- Notebook computers didn't exist
- You remember the old text editors like emacs, vi, ted
- True geeks overclocked their HP-41 calculators
- Engineering Week was called Queen Week
- Annual parking in Lot 12 or 14 costed about $150, and Lot 10 didn't exist
- F-block was the latest addition to the Engineering building and the Oval was the newest building on campus
- Semi-weekly 3-hr labs that took 4 hrs to write up (by hand) worth 10% of your mark
- 3 girls out of a class of 80+

Man, I feel old... :D

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Misc/HP41CXturbo.jpg

V6-BoI
08-31-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

- Annual parking in Lot 12 or 14 costed about $150, and Lot 10 didn't exist

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: that must have been a REAAAALLY long time ago. Isn't it like 600 for an annual pass now for lot 12?