PDA

View Full Version : Huge Hwy 1 Crash Photos

FiveFreshFish
08-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Driving back from Vancouver on Sunday, this huge accident happened about 15 km west of Sicamous, BC.

There were "Accident Ahead" warning signs well in advance of the accident scene so the cops did a good job warning of everyone. I got to the back of the lineup expecting to wait at least 20 minutes to half an hour. To my surprise, the lineup started moving and I drove by the accident scene 12 minutes later.

Here's what I saw:
- Mercedes sedan with the driver's side smashed in.
- Big rig flipped over in the ditch with a crane lifting it.
- Minivan with the front end crunched being winched onto a flatbed. (Sorry, pic didn't turn out.)

There were no ambulances or tarps hiding bodies, so I assume the accident happened some time ago before I got there and they were just cleaning up mess.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Misc/Sicamous1.JPG

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Misc/Sicamous2.JPG

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Misc/Sicamous3.JPG

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Misc/Sicamous4.JPG

Fez_turbo
08-30-2005, 11:38 PM
.:eek:

that dont look to good.

benyl
08-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Woah, insane.

people need to slow down on the highway.

dmtx
08-31-2005, 12:24 AM
:eek:

DC2
08-31-2005, 12:32 AM
wow..:eek:

asp integra
08-31-2005, 12:44 AM
shit, doesnt look to good

EK 2.0
08-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Woah, insane.

people need to slow down on the highway.

Agreed...especially the B.C. ones...too many bad incidents on those raods...

hockeybronx
08-31-2005, 01:35 AM
Ay Carumba, never a good thing to see:eek:

l8braker
08-31-2005, 08:30 AM
you know, the driver of the benz prob. walked away from that with a few scratches. very safe cars.

:drama:

rc2002
08-31-2005, 09:04 AM
It's a two lane road. How did the benz get smashed on the side? :dunno:

infected
08-31-2005, 11:54 PM
^driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiift :D

DJ Lazy
09-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
It's a two lane road. How did the benz get smashed on the side? :dunno:

Mini van prolly lost control swerve into the side of the benz which was oncoming, semi prolly swerved to try and aviod hitting anything and ended up in the ditch upside down...

Just my guess.. but sounds probable.. :dunno:

crazydriver
09-02-2005, 01:37 AM
wow, some insane action there, people need to learn to slow down

Horatio
09-02-2005, 06:32 AM
holy crap! I think I was JUST in front of that (like less than a minute). I saw an RCMP car go flying past headed West and a couple of minutes later an ambulance did the same.

Wild

Greg

SilverBoost
09-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by crazydriver
wow, some insane action there, people need to learn to slow down

no, people need to learn how to drive. Speed doesn't kill, idiocy does.

Same as these accidents on the deerfoot. All that's going to happen now is everyone is going to bitch about how fast people drive so there'll be more of a police pressence and more speeding tickets handed out and the idiot drivers that try to pull Uturns through emergency crossings and block lanes and drive 50 in the fast lane will still go about their business..... solving nothing. /rant

Chiggles
09-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Agreed...especially the B.C. ones...too many bad incidents on those raods...

Agreed X3. Last spring when I was out in BC, I was driving back and forth between Surrey and Richmond for a few days while staying out there for a small pool tournament. Anyway, even on "regular" roads where the posted limit was 60km/h, a huge majority of local drivers around me were still doing speeds of up to 100km/h on these streets. Where the hell's the fire, yo?

Giraffe
01-28-2006, 08:04 PM
I was 8 cars behind this accident heading East. Was there for three hours before I turned around to take the 97B And A detour. Spent a good portion of time talking to the local newspaper guy.
The semi heading West lost contol taking the corner too fast and tipped trying to regain control. The container/trailer actually came off the chassis and fell onto the two other cars in the East bound lane. It was presumed that the silver car ended up in the ditch trying to avoid the trailer about to fall on his car. Going into the ditch saved his life. It caught the front corner of the roof and down the door, but I was told he was one of the people taken to hospital. Four ambulances were at the scene. Three were there and gone with sirens blaring within 20 minutes. One was there for at least an hour and left silently. One of the passengers in the minivan was pinned, critical, and they didn't think they could extract without killing him. Turns out they were right.

It was horrific and the hwy was closed for HOURS. Due to the angle/corner they couldn't figure out how the right the rig. When I left the flat bed to load the trailer on hadn't arrived. The first one they brought was too small. The tractor was also on its side. The driver of the rig was walking around the whole time I was there, apparently unhurt (albeit shaken I'm sure).

FYI

Goblin
01-28-2006, 08:14 PM
pictures are down?

Doesnt sound uncommon on those roads really, talking to truckers all the time...

and that big truck, was it Kindersly transportation? Lmao, they had 5 trucks in the ditch couple weeks ago. No one can drive properly for that company.

EK 2.0
01-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
pictures are down?

Maybe because this is an OLD thread??