PDA

View Full Version : Question for JDM drivers

Sorrik
08-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Ok I am seriously considering having a car imported but I have a few concerns about the whole RHD thing (don't get me wrong I would love to drive RHD). I was just wondering how people who drive RHD here deal with issues like turning left with on coming traffic or even trying to pass on the highway.

Also what has been your experience dealing with the importers? Did everything go smooth? Was the price quoted the price paid? Did you have a long wait for your car and was it in the condition that it was quoted at?

Thanks

2002civic
08-31-2005, 10:35 AM
search

Sorrik
08-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Ok thanks ... I did a search and not all of my questions got answered ... but thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Phuqu
08-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Sorrik
I was just wondering how people who drive RHD here deal with issues like turning left with on coming traffic or even trying to pass on the highway.

Also what has been your experience dealing with the importers?

Did everything go smooth?

Was the price quoted the price paid?
Did you have a long wait for your car and was it in the condition that it was quoted at?

Thanks

You just have to look a little harder. With passing I don't even bother on the highway. I'll get there eventually.

Not the greatest. Didn't want to return calls. Best thing they could have did as I just imported on my own.

Yes.

I paid what I won the auction at.

No. It was maybe 4-5 weeks. It's conditon exceeded my expectations after reviewing auction sheets and pictures.

Lo)2enz0
08-31-2005, 11:45 AM
the best thing is going through drive throughs back words, ha ha ha

you get the wierdest looks.

turning left I know some of the guys wait until it goes yellow and than they go.

-KiTtY- boo
08-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Sorrik
Ok I am seriously considering having a car imported but I have a few concerns about the whole RHD thing (don't get me wrong I would love to drive RHD). I was just wondering how people who drive RHD here deal with issues like turning left with on coming traffic or even trying to pass on the highway.

never found a problem with turning left, basically the only times ull have problems is when, even in a left hand drive car u would have the same problems. tell u the truth i found LHD a lot eaiser to drive then RHD, it came more natural to me for some reason..lol

Also what has been your experience dealing with the importers?
Did everything go smooth? Was the price quoted the price paid? Did you have a long wait for your car and was it in the condition that it was quoted at?

Thanks

everything does go good and yes u do pay the price quoted, the only thing is, that if u import ur car during the summer.. ull be waiting alot longer then ull like. cause its peak times for imports and well i was unlucky at the time cause the truckers decided to go on strike:whipped:

mshaw
08-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
turning left I know some of the guys wait until it goes yellow and than they go.

yeah thats sometimes what i do, its much easier if u have a passenger with you though

bundi
08-31-2005, 11:52 AM
my buddy put a camera inside his passenger mirror and ran it to a screen in his car.... works great and makes things just as easy, if not easier than LHD.

Lo)2enz0
08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by -KiTtY- boo

never found a problem with turning left, basically the only times ull have problems is when, even in a left hand drive car u would have the same problems. tell u the truth i found LHD a lot eaiser to drive then RHD, it came more natural to me for some reason..lol

I found that rhd was a joke, the first time I drove a rhd car I didn't even have a problem. Probably because I watch everyone and I know of all of the things that people mess up with. I think its easy ass hell

-KiTtY- boo
08-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

I found that rhd was a joke, the first time I drove a rhd car I didn't even have a problem. Probably because I watch everyone and I know of all of the things that people mess up with. I think its easy ass hell

thats how i felt about it too.. i thought it was a joke too

:D