PDA

View Full Version : Tim Horton's at the U of C !!!

Weapon_R
08-31-2005, 11:47 AM
About damn time! w00t!!!

Mad$ella
08-31-2005, 11:49 AM
There has been one at Mt. Royal for the longest time.
Enjoy the lineups.

GreyFox
08-31-2005, 12:08 PM
My manager quit our store to be the manger at that Timmy's at the Uni. She said that they expect over 1000 transactions per day.... thats freakin busy as hell!

DC2
08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
how about a tim's at SAIT.
i know there is one up the street but its sooo far!!
and starbucks just isnt the same..

Phy
08-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Now watch the SU turn it into another soup hut in a few years.

Weapon_R
08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
The soup link is in MFH, which has nothing to do with the SU. It's likely that the Soup Link's owners were too cheap to continue the Tim Horton's lease, so they changed the name but kept a lot of the same foods available. Now that Tim's is back, it's going to be interesting to see what is going to happen with that Soup Link.

/////AMG
08-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Lucky fucking bastards.

The closest one to me in 4 miles away, and they only serve Tim Bit (a selection og about 12) and normal donuts (selection of about 5). Damn England!

I want a Ice Cap sooooooooo bad

rc2002
08-31-2005, 12:55 PM
MFH used to have a Tim Horton's until SU forced them out. I wonder what changed their mind... I doubt it'll be around for long. Stupid greedy SU.

WhiteNikes
08-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
There has been one at Mt. Royal for the longest time.
Enjoy the lineups.

Originally posted by GreyFox
My manager quit our store to be the manger at that Timmy's at the Uni. She said that they expect over 1000 transactions per day.... thats freakin busy as hell!

somma them posters 'n' information joints they got 'round tha school talkin' 'bout how it gon be more than one 'round the U of C.

dufferson
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
3 of them I think.

Phy
08-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
The soup link is in MFH, which has nothing to do with the SU. It's likely that the Soup Link's owners were too cheap to continue the Tim Horton's lease, so they changed the name but kept a lot of the same foods available. Now that Tim's is back, it's going to be interesting to see what is going to happen with that Soup Link.

Is that so? I'd just assumed that after they kicked out the convenience-store owner family (in favor of STOR), and sacked the Den (in favor of the SU Den, which admittedly makes a good burger), they were responsible for the Soup Link too.

nambis
09-01-2005, 01:42 PM
hey guys, check out the old thread on this subject at http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93429&highlight=chartwells

went through all of this months ago... :D :D :D

Weapon_R
09-01-2005, 01:46 PM
haha sorry, didn't remember that thread. I was walking through Mac Hall and smelled the unmistakable aroma of Tim Hortons :bigpimp: So I peeked into a slightly open door and behind it was the Tim Hortons sign!

I was very excited :D I live a boring life, and the news of decent coffee and sandwiches was just too exciting to contain

Weapon_R
09-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Phy

Is that so? I'd just assumed that after they kicked out the convenience-store owner family (in favor of STOR), and sacked the Den (in favor of the SU Den, which admittedly makes a good burger), they were responsible for the Soup Link too.

From what I understand, Mac Hall is owned and operated by the SU. What goes on in there is the SU's doing. Anything outside of that, however, is under contract directly to the University. Places like First Cup and Soup Link sign their contracts with the University and not the SU, which is why I cannot see what bearing the SU has on any operation outside of MSC.

AcuraTl
09-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Lucky fucking bastards.

The closest one to me in 4 miles away, and they only serve Tim Bit (a selection og about 12) and normal donuts (selection of about 5). Damn England!

I want a Ice Cap sooooooooo bad

always wanted to ask, what are ya studyin in England?

:hijack:

nambis
09-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
haha sorry, didn't remember that thread. I was walking through Mac Hall and smelled the unmistakable aroma of Tim Hortons :bigpimp: So I peeked into a slightly open door and behind it was the Tim Hortons sign!

I was very excited :D I live a boring life, and the news of decent coffee and sandwiches was just too exciting to contain

are they actually making the tim hortons already????? man, i can't wait for all of that stuff to open up. I think 5 sept. is the date they initially set. i'm hungry already.

AcuraTl
09-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by nambis

are they actually making the tim hortons already????? man, i can't wait for all of that stuff to open up. I think 5 sept. is the date they initially set. i'm hungry already.

the plough boy and other similar institutions will surely go broke!

Mosquito_R
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Phy

I thought the Timmy's at MFH was a franchise bought by U of C Food Services back in the day, and then they discontinued it. MFH is not under the jurisdiction of the SU.

As for the STOR, when the SU took over the convenience store at the old location, they handed out entry forms to a contest asking people to name the store. I wrote "McQ's" on mine. Guess I didn't win... :dunno:

Oh well, that was a very long time ago. Glad I'm not a student there anymore!

Weapon_R
09-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Yes!

dufferson
09-01-2005, 03:03 PM
it was supposed to be open on August 29th, now they're saying September 6 ...I hope they open early in the morning, the lineups might not be brutal with experienced staff.

I like the one in crowfoot. If nobody orders a damn bagel in the drive through, it's possible to never stop your car some days, it's something i strive for.

pints
09-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Where in England are you, was craving Tim's big time last summer in London.
Found a Tim's in Phoenix park in Dublin though. Three euro for 10 timbits.

Can't wait for the Tim's on campus though.

sexualbanana
09-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Mosquito_R
As for the STOR, when the SU took over the convenience store at the old location, they handed out entry forms to a contest asking people to name the store. I wrote "McQ's" on mine. Guess I didn't win... :dunno:

I heard some ridiculously dirty name won the contest, but they named it the stor anyways because it was cleaner.

Vagabond142
09-04-2005, 11:48 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: THEY TOOK AWAY BENY'S!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Where am I gonna get my quality onion rings for study time?!?! Not A&W that's for damned sure :barf:

Here's the PDF of the old stores that have closed and their replacements --> http://www.ucalgary.ca/oncampus/weekly/june24-05/chartwell_menu.pdf

Damned Chartwells taking away my onion rings! :banghead: :banghead:

Mosquito_R
09-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I heard some ridiculously dirty name won the contest, but they named it the stor anyways because it was cleaner.

Those bastards... I seriously think SU is a waste of tuition....

7thgenvic
09-04-2005, 05:45 PM
best news i've heard in a long time

szw
09-04-2005, 05:57 PM
sweet pizza pizza!

WhiteNikes
09-05-2005, 11:23 PM

That's what had happend. I ain't remeber the name tho.

WhiteNikes
09-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Pizza pizza and Tim's be opened t'day all on time 'n' joint.

nismodrifter
09-06-2005, 10:51 AM
how da ef did Pizza Pizza come here??

Weapon_R
09-06-2005, 11:01 AM
No clue but I remember trying it in Ontario and it wasn't too bad. Sure beats having no pizza place at the U of C :thumbsup:

nambis
09-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes
somma them posters 'n' information joints they got 'round tha school talkin' 'bout how it gon be more than one 'round the U of C.

Pizza pizza and Tim's be opened t'day all on time 'n' joint.

That's what had happend. I ain't remeber the name tho.

I hope you take some grammar, spelling, and english courses in between all that pizza pizza and hortons.....

Official Hoser
09-06-2005, 01:46 PM
^^ Fewer unnecessary apostrophes = more efficient typing.

Bad Kitty's Snack Emporium

nambis
09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
not to mention translating canadian english into ebonics. from spoken to written, no less

Weapon_R
09-06-2005, 02:18 PM
not to mention translating canadian english into ebonics. from spoken to written, no less

haha from what i've seen, Whitenikes' rants rival the best of beyond in grammer and vocabulary when he wants to .

nambis
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
i walked by pizza pizza today, they seemed to have pretty decent looking pizza (waaaaay better than the plastic hot stuff used to look), for just about $3 a slice. For $3.99 you can get a soda with it. I'm going to try some later this week.

it's great to see privatization increase the variety and quality of food options... There was a huge controversy on campus about this, even the gauntlet took the position that the privatization was bad and should be protested. but i'm sure they're all jizzing their panties over all this new stuff. and eating a side of crow

pinoyhero
10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, about time its back, couldn't believe they pulled the plug on the one in PF.

Weapon_R
10-10-2005, 03:39 PM
The one in professional faculties sells stale donuts and the pita sandwiches are really bad. The one in Mac Hall is great but the lineups are pretty bad in the morning.

Team_Mclaren
10-10-2005, 03:47 PM
I had Timmy's for a few times at Mac Hall, but their food seems to still suck alot compares to other timmys:barf: