Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 452 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking back through this thread, people who go back and delete everything in their posts. If you had the balls to post it in the first place, then stand by it - looks especially silly when other people quote your posts before you emptied them out, really shows how small your balls are then.
    you mean like cos? the guy went and deleted thousands i think or maybe it was hundreds haha

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    you mean like cos? the guy went and deleted thousands i think or maybe it was hundreds haha
    blindsight

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:58 AM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

My wife refuses to wash Tupperware in the dishwasher for no reason what so ever. All Tupperware gets hand washed and more often than not ends up a little greasy because "it looked clean". Same with any of her stainless steel measuring utensils for baking. It drives me absolutely nuts. If she hand washes anything else like plates or bowls they turn out good but Tupperware and the stainless steel just goes to shit. We have a dishwasher for a reason, use it. I typically end up grabbing them from the drying rack and throwing them in the dishwasher before I start it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

How about people that tow enclosed trailers that do not have the proper mirrors on their vehicle to actually see whats behind them. Had some twat towing a enclosed car hauler with his truck almost back into this morning at a red light because he stoped past the crosswalk. I was a good 12 feet behind him and if I hadn't been in the ball and moved back another 6-8 feet he would ended up with some nice new dents in the back of his car hauler. Just get the proper mirrors dude.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    How about people that tow enclosed trailers that do not have the proper mirrors on their vehicle to actually see whats behind them. Had some twat towing a enclosed car hauler with his truck almost back into this morning at a red light because he stoped past the crosswalk. I was a good 12 feet behind him and if I hadn't been in the ball and moved back another 6-8 feet he would ended up with some nice new dents in the back of his car hauler. Just get the proper mirrors dude.
    How’d you know it was a dude? Did you see drivers face through their side mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    How’d you know it was a dude? Did you see drivers face through their side mirror?
    When I made a LH turn at that light, yes I saw his mug in the mirror or it was a woman who can grow impressive facial hair.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    It’s not discriminatory to assume it’s a male. 9 times out of 10 a truck hauling a trailer is a male driver haha

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    People who send you large e-mails with multiple attachments, then come to you right away and ask if you had a chance to look at it yet.
    insurance adjusters do basically this to me all the time.

Them: "There... i just sent it! did u get it?"
    Me: 'uh, it'll take at least a minute and uh i'll (one of my underlings) call you if it doesn't show up.... ok bye?' cuz I dont have time to wait on the phone for 2-5 minutes clicking refresh.

See, when I send something to them i'll say; 'if it doesn't show up in 5-10 minutes give me a call and we'll figure out why' (cuz 90%+ chance it'll go through). I dont go did it show up? how about now? how about now...

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    ^On a very similar note, when somebody asks "Did you get my email?" - there is no right answer to that question:

You say no (because your screen isn't stapled to your face), they say "Well I sent it" and look at you like you're an idiot.
    You say yes (but almost everything else is more important at the time), they ask "Well why didn't you reply?" and look at you like you're an idiot.
    I tell them 'probably, but i haven't had time to check my email' in a tone that implies wow u have time to read emails in real time?

Waiting behind a senior, anywhere, anytime, but especially when they're at a till / bank teller.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 11-30-2017 at 11:41 AM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    Waiting behind a senior, anywhere, anytime, but especially when they're at a till / bank teller.
    People who buy lottery tickets on a Friday during rush hour when everyone is filling up gas. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Fuck that person.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    I tell them 'probably, but i haven't had time to check my email' in a tone that implies wow u have time to read emails in real time?
    That's some passive aggressive shit right there, I can guarantee you precisely 100% of people pick up on that.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yeah, because you're so important you can't wait a little bit longer. Poor you, woe is me.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    People who buy lottery tickets on a Friday during rush hour when everyone is filling up gas. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Fuck that person.
    That person can buy whatever the fuck they want, whenever they want. Maybe choose a time not to fill up on gas other than Friday during rush hour if that bugs you so much? lol, Jesus.

I'll add one:
    - People who complain about stupid bullshit like the 2 examples above.

Flame suit on

Yeah, because you're so important you can't wait a little bit longer. Poor you, woe is me.

That person can buy whatever the fuck they want, whenever they want. Maybe choose a time not to fill up on gas other than Friday during rush hour if that bugs you so much? lol, Jesus.

I'll add one:
    - People who complain about stupid bullshit like the 2 examples above.

Flame suit on
    I'm not talking about taking a little longer to count out their change lol.

I'm talking about being in line at a bank or a store, and they seem to think that the teller wants to hear all about their grandkids and or the weather. They're somehow oblivious that other people are waiting. Heck, even when the teller is trying to get them to leave by something like, "Oh that's great, have a nice day", they still keep talking.

Are you one of those people?

My Ride

Are you one of those people?
    Nope, and I'm definitely not one of those people who use absolutes in things they describe. "Waiting behind a senior, anywhere, anytime ..."

You're almost 50! I wonder what you'll be like at 65.

Nope, and I'm definitely not one of those people who use absolutes in things they describe. "Waiting behind a senior, anywhere, anytime ..."

You're almost 50! I wonder what you'll be like at 65.
    Yelling at clouds with the rest of them

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I'll add one:

Flame suit on
    Next pet peeve: people who don't understand what pet peeves are (stupid bullshit that doesn't really matter). They're fucking retards. Hmm, looks like I found one of those people that pet peeve applies to

My Ride

^^ lol. I still think your pet peeve is dumb though, especially since Friday rush hour is probably when you'll see higher chance of lotto action before the Friday night Lotto Max.
    It's like getting annoyed at the long lines at the mall on December 26th.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

^^ lol. I still think your pet peeve is dumb though, especially since Friday rush hour is probably when you'll see higher chance of lotto action before the Friday night Lotto Max.
    It's like getting annoyed at the long lines at the mall on December 26th.
    To clarify, I don't mind people BUYING lotto tickets. I mind the ones that buy like two, get them scanned, win a free $2 play or whatever the f*ck, then hum and haw about it, play another one, etc when there are 20 people lined up behind.

I'm not a fan of paying at the pump as the card readers are notorious for being rigged for a scam, but I've recently become in favour of it due to this exact situation. I live in a rural area now, and even when I didn't, I regularly traveled out of town on the weekend. Filling up Friday after work on the way out of town just makes sense. If I lived a boring life like you, it probably wouldn't matter as I could fill up whenever I wanted with my non-existent schedule.

It's a matter of decency and respect for other's time. As seth mentioned, its not really a problem until the person takes 10 minutes for a simple transaction.

Shit, it's been years since I had to go to a bank to stand in line for a teller - I didn't think that was still a thing and I yell at clouds more than Seth1968.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    If I lived a boring life like you, it probably wouldn't matter as I could fill up whenever I wanted with my non-existent schedule.
    hahaha, funny. But my daily commutes are so short that I fill up every 2 months. Rest is recreational.
    Ok so both you and Seth have a pet peeve about people wasting other's time at public service counters. Great articulation guys

Page 10 of 452 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast