Quantcast
Blenders - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Blenders

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nothing has changed over the years. Should just bite the bullet...

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/373908-Blenders
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would never spend $700 on a blender either, but I have used one, and I agree that if you are a daily blender user it's the best you can get. My point is you can't shit on it as not being worth it, when you haven't even tried using one.

Edit: And you do have a problem with people disagreeing with you, you argue with everyone in every thread and shit on them for not agreeing with you. Fuck, you even shit on the people who DO agree with you, but for a different reason. You're just an argumentative mutherfucker.
    I think that HiTempguy is actually right about a lot of stuff. Except he doesn't believe in the awesomeness of the 6-6 lol

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Just don't buy Monster cables.
    Haha isn't that the truth. The sales can be so hefty though (like 80% off), that I actually have the odd piece of Monster equipment The people I feel sorry for are those walking into Best Buy or Visions and buying the "HD certified gold plated" $60 3-foot cables, then again if they were too lazy to do a 2 second google search, maybe not so much.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

If I'm ever baller enough to custom build a house, I'm building a bar with in-counter blend-tecs:

Name:  31b96c1b9373219264196ae8d4f1f4a2--kitchen-blenders-hamptons-house.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  7.9 KB
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by adamc View Post
    If I'm ever baller enough to custom build a house, I'm building a bar with in-counter blend-tecs:

Name:  31b96c1b9373219264196ae8d4f1f4a2--kitchen-blenders-hamptons-house.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  7.9 KB
    Ok, that is something I'm interested in!

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

We use a Vitamix in our home. I was pretty pissed when my fiancee dropped several hundred bucks on a goddamn blender but truth be told, it makes smoothies like no other blender we've ever had in the house. We've had it for a couple years now and haven't had any issues with it.

Same thing with this holiday season, she went out and bought one of those $600 cordless Dyson vacuums. I was pretty choked but then she turned it on and picked up all the Shiba hair on our living room carpet. Shut me right up because our $250 Bissett pet hair vacuum couldn't pick up any of it

Bottom line, I can't tell you how much of a quantifiable/statistical significance it makes, but there's a difference. I just wouldn't pay a 2x or even 3x premium for it but I wouldn't be as arrogant as HiTempguy and shit on people who would.

After all, we're on a forum where fellas don't mind taking a bath on a car just because they want a new ride after a year

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    but I wouldn't be as arrogant as HiTempguy and shit on people who would.
    As arrogant? Oh boy, how do you survive in the real world?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m so baller I want the badge and the expensive piece of shit to pretend it’s not about the badge sitting on my cheap plastic countertop. But hey, lightning cable in the background, official Apple one too. Baller status reinstated.

Name:  78142B46-E8D8-4E2F-8DF0-3C9ADDE0EC01.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  63.2 KB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    As arrogant? Oh boy, how do you survive in the real world?
    That's cute. Whatever makes you feel like a big man How can you not have the balls to own up to being arrogant?

You needed to quote me just to prove that you're not?
    Last edited by rx7boi; 01-12-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    That's cute. Whatever makes you feel like a big man How can you not have the balls to own up to being arrogant?

You needed to quote me just to prove that you're not?
    Reading this thread could lead one to believe that certain types of blenders are like penis extensions for some, for others not and then there's the one who just don't care and use whatever they feel suits their needs.

We've got an older Breville and it performs wonderfully for our needs, not used on a daily or even monthly basis but it has always met our requirements when brought out to do some sort of blending task. It is top of the line in the blender world, probably not but it is more than adequate for our needs - doesn't mean I have to shit on other people's choices. Our main vacuum, a near the top of the line Miele, cost a lot but is amazing. Stand mixers, got a budget one that gets used a fair bit, have actually replaced it with the same exact model because we've worn them out and we also have a top of the line Kitchenaid stand mixer as well - that thing is the boss but it's extreme weight means it stays put away unless it's required for something the other stand mixer can't do. The Kitchenaid was a gift and to be totally honest, I'm not sure we would've ever spent the money on one because of it's so infrequent use - yeah, it's amazing but such a heavy brute.

Now off topic (yeah, I know but to lighten things up a bit), how many of you have this toaster...
    Name:  0448105d99f41eaf1558562cca21d77d--darth-vader-toaster-vader-helmet.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  40.4 KB
    Will fuck off, again.

I really do find it amusing that Blending became such a huge thing over the course of the last decade, yet how many people use these fancy blenders routinely is so few.

I know out of my appliances, my blendtec sits the most when compared to my sodastream, air fryer, kitchenaid mixer, nespresso, fuck even the toaster.

that said, Vitamix is the originator and has nothing to prove. but shit... honestly any 1200 watt decent named "i.e. Oster" without cheap plastic components is going to do what anyone would ever need it for, unless you own a cafe or a jugo juice.

Its like any appliances... sure a Subzero/Wolfe or Miele will have 9 discreet gas burners but fuck I just need 4 and my Whirpool does a good enough job

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Yay!! I got gifted a Vitamix blender from the parents for X-Mas. Its the 5300 Series from Costco. $499 but was on sale for $399. I've never actually owned a blender in my life so we'll see how it goes
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Reading this thread could lead one to believe that certain types of blenders are like penis extensions for some, for others not and then there's the one who just don't care and use whatever they feel suits their needs.

We've got an older Breville and it performs wonderfully for our needs, not used on a daily or even monthly basis but it has always met our requirements when brought out to do some sort of blending task. It is top of the line in the blender world, probably not but it is more than adequate for our needs - doesn't mean I have to shit on other people's choices. Our main vacuum, a near the top of the line Miele, cost a lot but is amazing. Stand mixers, got a budget one that gets used a fair bit, have actually replaced it with the same exact model because we've worn them out and we also have a top of the line Kitchenaid stand mixer as well - that thing is the boss but it's extreme weight means it stays put away unless it's required for something the other stand mixer can't do. The Kitchenaid was a gift and to be totally honest, I'm not sure we would've ever spent the money on one because of it's so infrequent use - yeah, it's amazing but such a heavy brute.

Now off topic (yeah, I know but to lighten things up a bit), how many of you have this toaster...
    Name:  0448105d99f41eaf1558562cca21d77d--darth-vader-toaster-vader-helmet.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  40.4 KB
    Actually the Brevilles are somewhat expensive and work extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    I really do find it amusing that Blending became such a huge thing over the course of the last decade, yet how many people use these fancy blenders routinely is so few.

I know out of my appliances, my blendtec sits the most when compared to my sodastream, air fryer, kitchenaid mixer, nespresso, fuck even the toaster.

that said, Vitamix is the originator and has nothing to prove. but shit... honestly any 1200 watt decent named "i.e. Oster" without cheap plastic components is going to do what anyone would ever need it for, unless you own a cafe or a jugo juice.

Its like any appliances... sure a Subzero/Wolfe or Miele will have 9 discreet gas burners but fuck I just need 4 and my Whirpool does a good enough job
    How the hell do you survive with just 4 burners?

You just outed yourself and have fallen from beyond baller status to beyond pleb status - welcome to the club.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    How the hell do you survive with just 4 burners?

You just outed yourself and have fallen from beyond baller status to beyond pleb status - welcome to the club.

I take pride in enjoying in the pleasures of life now "prudently" without compromising my life when I am on a fixed income - unlike most millennial beyond baller/hisper-status.

I also didn't name my kids Jaxxxon, Kenszingtynne or Kingsley and own most of my properties.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

So I bought a Blendtec through the Costco deal on Monday evening. Arrived yesterday by UPS.
    https://www.costco.ca/.product.10037...2_1240_Toronto

Made my first hot soup and then a smoothie with it. The soup was awesome. The smoothie with the strawberry and kiwi seeds pulverized had a gritty texture to it, not sure if I'm a fan yet.

thinking of getting a blender now as we'd like to start making our own baby food and smoothies.

Air Miles has a voucher (250 miles = $25 value) that gives you 20% off Vitamix blenders from redcornerstore.com which would put the Ascent A3500 from 800 down to $640 + GST.

Could also go for the a2500 which is 700 down to $560 after coupon... i think the only difference between a2500 and a3500 is the touch screen and a couple more settings (self cleaning setting which looks like a good feature).

thoughts?

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    thoughts?
    If you don't mind refurbished, the vitamix refurbished units are a great deal and still carry a 5 year warranty. It's obviously not the newest model, but it already has the variable speed and 3 presets.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/vita...0-off-2170553/

It's $356.95 shipped with that code on RFD.

thinking of getting a blender now as we'd like to start making our own baby food and smoothies.

Air Miles has a voucher (250 miles = $25 value) that gives you 20% off Vitamix blenders from redcornerstore.com which would put the Ascent A3500 from 800 down to $640 + GST.

Could also go for the a2500 which is 700 down to $560 after coupon... i think the only difference between a2500 and a3500 is the touch screen and a couple more settings (self cleaning setting which looks like a good feature).

thoughts?
    Most of the Vitamix blenders within a particular lineup are the same underlying hardware but with changes to the design (i.e. stainless steel cladding), interface and presets (self cleaning, etc.) - same quality of blend and same hardware where it matters. Ascent Series appears to follow that same trend. If you don't care about the presets, just grab the cheapest one.

If you're worried about self cleaning, it's just another program, so running it at full speed for 30-60 seconds or so does the same thing with the requisite half-fill of water and a couple drops of soap, or whatever it calls for these days.

My Ride
    LNF

thoughts?
    Every Ascent model Vitamix has self cleaning. You just put some dish soap in and run it for a certain time.. My a2300 has it..

So, IMO, you are paying 200$ more for smoothie presets (only difference between A2300 and A2500), a touch screen and wifi.

The A2300 and A3500 and every Ascent model in between all have the same motor and come with the same accessories.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast