Quantcast
iPhone X will not connect to cell network. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X will not connect to cell network.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can SIM cards just kick the bucket like that? I have never had a problem with any SIM card before. Don't really know that much about them really.
    Yes they can. Had the dreaded invalid SIM error that pops up daily which luckily fixed with a reboot. Thought it was the phone but nope, failing SIM card.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Can SIM cards just kick the bucket like that? I have never had a problem with any SIM card before. Don't really know that much about them really.
    Absolutely they can. I've had 2 the last 10 years shit bricks. Walk into store (or ebay) and problem solved.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

^ Interesting.

Ok so, update: my phone has been running semi-stable since I did the full factory reset about 12 hours ago, save for a few brief moments of 'no internet connectivity'.

I'm not going to screw around with it anymore until I get home in case I need to access proper support.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

If you're getting 'number is not in service', it's a cellular network issue. Especially if the phone is showing signal.

If you have AppleCare+ you can give them a call and they can express you a phone anywhere in Canada.. but probably won't fix your issue.

Does the phone connect to WiFI without any issues?

(I work for Apple)

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by StairQuesadilla View Post
    If you're getting 'number is not in service', it's a cellular network issue. Especially if the phone is showing signal.

If you have AppleCare+ you can give them a call and they can express you a phone anywhere in Canada.. but probably won't fix your issue.

Does the phone connect to WiFI without any issues?

(I work for Apple)
    Yes. The phone connects to WiFi without issue. The problem I was having seems mostly resolved.

Is there no way to restore from a back up over iCloud without doing a factory reset again? I want to restore my phone with all my apps and data from a previous back up of this phone. It's on iCloud but it looks like I have to factory reset again.

The two factor authentication really causes me problems. It will try and send a code but I never receive it.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

You'll have to factory reset it to use the iCloud backup. Should be pretty quick with the X though.

But yeah honestly sounds like a carrier issue. I always get past the two factor by sending texts. Sometimes it doesn't go through, but the call will 99% of the time go through. The only times I've seen none of them come through is a carrier issue e.g. customer just ported over their number from another carrier.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by StairQuesadilla View Post
    You'll have to factory reset it to use the iCloud backup. Should be pretty quick with the X though.

But yeah honestly sounds like a carrier issue. I always get past the two factor by sending texts. Sometimes it doesn't go through, but the call will 99% of the time go through. The only times I've seen none of them come through is a carrier issue e.g. customer just ported over their number from another carrier.
    Ok. When I get home I will do the factory reset again and try to restore from a back up.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    what a pos seller, what did you end up doing with the phone?
    its probably one of the greasiest things that has ever happened to me and has put a sour taste in my mouth, not sure if I will ever buy a phone new or used again off kijiji. I sold it to a cell phone repair kiosk for parts so I could recoup some of my money.

Sorry for off topic but do you guys know if Apple will replace my iPhone for creaking noises? The creaking is driving me crazy..

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by NathanRed View Post
    its probably one of the greasiest things that has ever happened to me and has put a sour taste in my mouth, not sure if I will ever buy a phone new or used again off kijiji. I sold it to a cell phone repair kiosk for parts so I could recoup some of my money.
    So you got burned on a hot phone around the 700-800$ mark, couple of things to lessen the chances of a repeat:

- did you meet at their house? (if they refuse, suggest a cop shop, if they then REALLY refuse - walk away)
    - was the ad up for a week at least?
    - was the ad very vague? (ie. seller didnt know much about it, eg. PHONE FOR SALE, BLACK COLOUR)
    - was the price too good to be true?

I've been on kijiji for 10+ years, made hundreds of transactions and I've been burnt once on a 50$ e-reader, that I didnt test properly.
    Last edited by revelations; 01-16-2018 at 11:16 AM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Shits back again. No internet connection but I could make outgoing calls. Texting capability unknown at that time.

I did a power off and back on. Can't get connection to network at all now. Constantly searching. Other Rogers users in the area are fine.

This fucking thing. Looks like I'll have to do another factory reset tonight again.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Lol. I can't even do a factory reset without being connected to the internet. That's just great. I guess she's bricked until I can get to a WiFi spot.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    G37X

Lol. I can't even do a factory reset without being connected to the internet. That's just great. I guess she's bricked until I can get to a WiFi spot.
    Are you able to get internet from the computer to the iPhone via USB? I know it's something you can do with android.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you want to reset without the internet, next time you restore or setup, make sure find my iPhone is turned off. It’s a protection to ensure someone stealing your phone can’t use it. If it’s disabled, it doesn’t need internet to reset.

Curious, have you tried someone else’s SIM card to make sure that’s not it?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by relyt92 View Post
    Are you able to get internet from the computer to the iPhone via USB? I know it's something you can do with android.
    I tried but doesn't seem to. It's alright tho. I will just wait until I'm back in camp in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If you want to reset without the internet, next time you restore or setup, make sure find my iPhone is turned off. It’s a protection to ensure someone stealing your phone can’t use it. If it’s disabled, it doesn’t need internet to reset.

Curious, have you tried someone else’s SIM card to make sure that’s not it?
    I haven't tried it yet. It's on my to-do list. Haha.

Thanks for the suggestions tho everyone. Appreciate it.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

FYI: This no service issue seems to be a pretty widespread problem affecting different iPhone models and different carriers.

Just in case anyone starts having problems like me. I tried what I could from this thread below, but I still have no service.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8149534
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Sounds like you've been through more than enough hassle. If it's the same as my "searching" issue, a different or new SIM won't do anything (tried both), it's a phone problem. I would start bugging Apple for a new phone and hope you have better luck than me.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Sounds like you've been through more than enough hassle. If it's the same as my "searching" issue, a different or new SIM won't do anything (tried both), it's a phone problem. I would start bugging Apple for a new phone and hope you have better luck than me.
    I have a working phone again now as I did a full system reset and I managed to successfully restore to a backup I had. Went very smoothly this time. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Anyone on Rogers care to share their “Carrier” version number? I’m on Rogers 30.1.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

I have a working phone again now as I did a full system reset and I managed to successfully restore to a backup I had. Went very smoothly this time. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Anyone on Rogers care to share their “Carrier” version number? I’m on Rogers 30.1.
    That fixes mine for a few weeks, then it comes back - I hope it's more permanent for you! This one is Fido/Rogers as well.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Update:

My phone has been working as good as it should be since I did the system reset on the 16th. I am at home now and I managed to get the phone to update the iOS software from 11.1.2 to 11.2.2 over WiFi. I tried this before but I was getting a 'no internet connection' prompt.

It also installed the most recent carrier update - Rogers 31.0. Prior to this, I was on Rogers 30.1.

I have had no issues since. Knock on wood.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast