Quantcast
Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread - Page 71 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 71 of 257 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 5122

Thread: Ford Trucks Thread WAS:EcoBoost Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so did they repair the rear end under warranty?

i don't know if i would even bother with a F250. I would probably go right to a 350 for the small price difference.
    yea under warranty....

I dunno, HD trucks are so much more clumsy and cumbersome than the half ton, but as many here would say (SKR) those are "real" trucks

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    yea under warranty....

I dunno, HD trucks are so much more clumsy and cumbersome than the half ton, but as many here would say (SKR) those are "real" trucks
    Mind if i ask what the repair bill on the turbos and bov would be? ive been on the fence forever about getting into an f150 eb but ive always been worried about this motor long term.

i agree about the HD's being clumsy and cumbersome and unless you need the capabilities of it i couldnt imagine driving an hd truck as a daily. Ive always preferred a beefier looking truck but an hd is too much for most and with the half tons getting better and better you could totally get away with a newer half ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Mind if i ask what the repair bill on the turbos and bov would be? ive been on the fence forever about getting into an f150 eb but ive always been worried about this motor long term.

i agree about the HD's being clumsy and cumbersome and unless you need the capabilities of it i couldnt imagine driving an hd truck as a daily. Ive always preferred a beefier looking truck but an hd is too much for most and with the half tons getting better and better you could totally get away with a newer half ton.
    The turbo I think was a $1500 repair and the BOV was $700... (of which I believe aftermarket BOVs are more robust)

The EB typically doesn't have turbo issues, but the BOV, IC, Timing chain and the coking are their major issues, which is alot... but surprisingly as long as you had not sucked in moisture, the internals of the duratec motor are very strong

The 5.0 are just so simple, and with the new advanced DI/PI features of the 2018... coupled with the 10 speed is truly amazing.

lol... I'm thinking now if I can find a used Raptor somewhere to trade up my truck, while getting into the 6.2 with the 6R80 tranny

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

yea under warranty....

Nobody will know how important you are if you don't buy the most expensive one.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

The turbo I think was a $1500 repair and the BOV was $700... (of which I believe aftermarket BOVs are more robust)

The EB typically doesn't have turbo issues, but the BOV, IC, Timing chain and the coking are their major issues, which is alot...

Again, keep in mind the Gen 2 EB had design changes to fix the IC, Timing chain and carbon build up. Namely active shutters used in front of the IC, dual timing chains (the old problems were due to length and stress on tensioners), and dual injection so the intake valves get washed. The turbos have also been upgraded from the Gen 1 (but I think it was a geometry and mass change, they're still K03's), and I don't know about the recirc valve but every turbo vehicle I've had has had problems with them.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

P.S. What's up with the name change of the thread? If I'd wanted a regular Ford Truck thread we would have started one! This was intended to be an EcoBoost thread.

In other news, I'll be selling my '15 and moving into a '17 in the Spring. Keep'em coming!
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    2005 F350

The EB typically doesn't have turbo issues, but the BOV, IC, Timing chain and the coking are their major issues, which is alot... but surprisingly as long as you had not sucked in moisture, the internals of the duratec motor are very strong
    is that a complete turbo replacement? thats actually not as much i was expecting. which dealership was this?

the BOV would be something i would replace with an aftermarket unit.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Ecoboosts don’t run BOVs factory do they? Thought they were all CBVs. Wonder how switching to a BOV impacts carbon buildup problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
    is that a complete turbo replacement? thats actually not as much i was expecting. which dealership was this?

the BOV would be something i would replace with an aftermarket unit.
    sure whether its a BOV or CBV I believe the turbosmart one has a good reputation and I should have just ordered and installed it myself, while saving alot of cash.

PM me for the dealership

also got the truck back and the rear end is fixed. Apparently something called a pinion seal spring got dislodged and needed to be replaced.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    P.S. What's up with the name change of the thread? If I'd wanted a regular Ford Truck thread we would have started one! This was intended to be an EcoBoost thread.

In other news, I'll be selling my '15 and moving into a '17 in the Spring. Keep'em coming!
    GET OUTTA HERE V6 SCUM!

im intrigued by the 17s with the driving mode rather than tow/haul /sport modes.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Been driving a few of the ten speed f150s at work, definitely know what people are talking about in terms of the notchy shifts. Not too bad, but more noticeable than I'm used to. Hope it doesn't cause reliability issues for these trucks
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Can't even feel the shifts in my '18, either lucky or something changed.

I think I know what you're talking about now. If I hit the manual shift button while in auto it shows the gears in the dash. Depending on acceleration it will skip gears, then I can feel it a bit, though nothing's feels at all like slipping, just less smooth than normal.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Diesel is on ford.ca now. It's $8,450 more than 2.7 Ecoboost in the Lariat trim.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Been driving a few of the ten speed f150s at work, definitely know what people are talking about in terms of the notchy shifts. Not too bad, but more noticeable than I'm used to. Hope it doesn't cause reliability issues for these trucks
    Mine only does it when its super cold (like -10 and below), after a cold start and drive away, and its only the 3-5 skip shift that bumps a bit. I'm not too worried about it. The rest of it is super smooth, but I find the downshifting in sport mode can be a bit aggressive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Diesel is on ford.ca now. It's $8,450 more than 2.7 Ecoboost in the Lariat trim.
    That's WAYYYYYYYYY too much. Even the $4k premium on my Jeep was almost too much to make it worth it
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Jeebus. When I got my '12, the EB was a $4500 premium IIRC, which was a tough pill to swallow, but I also really wanted the EB.

$8500 for the Diesel? man, that's outrageous. That is the same kinda coin range to get a 6.7L Powerstroke in a F350, so if I was gonna do the F150 diesel, I might as well pony up the few extra thousand and get the F350.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Jeebus. When I got my '12, the EB was a $4500 premium IIRC, which was a tough pill to swallow, but I also really wanted the EB.

$8500 for the Diesel? man, that's outrageous. That is the same kinda coin range to get a 6.7L Powerstroke in a F350, so if I was gonna do the F150 diesel, I might as well pony up the few extra thousand and get the F350.
    why not? Get a low mileage Powerstroke F250/350 Lariat for the same price with double the torque, almost as good ride

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

That’s insane.

Pony up another 2-3G and have a 640hp V8 F150 with warranty!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

not really shocking. i remember the dodge diesel was around the same premium when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Mine only does it when its super cold (like -10 and below), after a cold start and drive away, and its only the 3-5 skip shift that bumps a bit. I'm not too worried about it. The rest of it is super smooth, but I find the downshifting in sport mode can be a bit aggressive
    Took a 2018 out last night for a test ride and the 10 spd was pretty twitchy. Dropped it into sport mode and holy shit thats a fast truck with the EB

Page 71 of 257 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast