Quantcast
Truck modification - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck modification

My Ride
    This and that.

Local Edmonton shop Grizzlytrucks quoted me $800 plus.

So far that link above that Extraslow posted above seems to be the best choice, unless that $160 option would work for me. Perhaps one of you pros can closely look at it and tell me if it'll fit my rail bars or not.

Also question, when people say don't put HID's in the truck are they talking about replacing the halogen headlight bulbs with LED's or something else? I need to swap out my headlights as the unit themselves are in bad shape. I can go OEM'ish looking one or an aftermarket with an option of sticking halogen bulbs or LED bulbs, but I don't want to be one of those guys that blinds everyone else in front of them. I see ebay has full on headlights that are HID's and that probably won't blind anyone but the installation seems way too complicated.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 06-05-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Congrats on the truck!

For tonneaus it depends on what you plan to use your truck for but i would vote hard tri fold too. It gives you a bit more security than a roll up and if you ever have to haul a large item just fold over. I have the bak flip and it comes with rubber cushions on the panels so if you ever have to rest the cover on the back glass its padded and doesnt do damage.

And yes theyre referring to putting hids into halogens
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Congrats on the truck!

For tonneaus it depends on what you plan to use your truck for but i would vote hard tri fold too. It gives you a bit more security than a roll up and if you ever have to haul a large item just fold over. I have the bak flip and it comes with rubber cushions on the panels so if you ever have to rest the cover on the back glass its padded and doesnt do damage.

And yes theyre referring to putting hids into halogens
    Is putting HID's into halogens the same as LED's?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Invest in a wheel club those Harley trucks are the most commonly stolen F150 out there

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Is putting HID's into halogens the same as LED's?
    yes. don't.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/20...adlights.html#

I cant say for sure that the light output is that much better than stock though
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

$100 mail in rebate on lund Genesis tonneau covers right now. That's a great deal for items that cost around $400.
    https://lirebates.com/WebAPI/rebatef...4e1a9a7d85.pdf
    I've been looking, and I think I prefer the velcro to the "peel and seal" or snap kind. Cheapest prices seem to be through tonneau cover depot (a division of auto truck depot, although a different website with different prices) and mytruckpoint. mytruckpoint has a 10% code right now (summer18) which makes them cheaper, but autotruckdepot is local to Calgary, so I may shop up at their shop and see about a price match on a cash and carry basis.

Both will do free shipping.

Partsengine has a 10% code, but doesn't sell Lund (so no mail-away rebate). From them, the best combination of quality and price seems to be the Truxedo Truxport for $401 -10% and free shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

So I picked up a mint condition Bakflip Go2 tonneau cover from someone on kijiji yesterday for $400. I think I got a pretty sweet deal considering these seem to be going for $1K plus online. I also had them install it for me and I think it looks wicked. Not the best picture but hopefully gives you an idea. I also ordered a set of aftermarket headlights as the stock ones I think are damaged and have condensation happening inside them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That's a good price.

I went in to autotruckdepot physical location, and they will price match. After mail in rebate my Lund genesis will be $277. That works good for me.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

That’s a good price too. Is that a soft cover? I would have gone far the soft cover for cost savings but since I got a sweet deal on the hardcover with the usability such as this ones, I think I am happy with it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, soft rolling type. You got a great deal on a hard one. I just prefer soft type because mine spends about 50% of the year rolled up, and the folding ones look weird when folded. My use isn't typical.

You got a crazy deal on the bakflip! I have the mx4 and it looks really clean because its pretty much flush with the bed, another added bonus is you get a little more security over a roll up.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    So I picked up a mint condition Bakflip Go2 tonneau cover from someone on kijiji yesterday for $400. I think I got a pretty sweet deal considering these seem to be going for $1K plus online. I also had them install it for me and I think it looks wicked. Not the best picture but hopefully gives you an idea. I also ordered a set of aftermarket headlights as the stock ones I think are damaged and have condensation happening inside them.
    What did you get for headlights?

My Ride
    This and that.

Just ordered some aftermarket euro ones on eBay. Instead of amber side it is clear, otherwise more or less look same as stock. They will take regular halogen bulbs or led's and stuff. Not projectors.

My Ride
    This and that.

Can someone enlighten me about the tires next please. So the truck came with a set of Wrangler Duratracs that are almost done. Best I can do is run them in the summer but will need to change come winter. They are in the size 285/60R20. I like the look of them being they look like big mud tires. Which is what I want. Of course I can just get the same set again and call it a day but I got to researching and seeing if there are better deals out there as these are around the $1600 mark.

I came across this tires called CF 3000 which look awesome as in massive mud tire style again, which I want. But when it comes to sizing a shop said they can be had in 33 12.5 R20 which apparently corresponds to what I have for duratracs being 285 60R20. Is that correct? Can I run either size and they will look the same? I don’t want to get rid of the big mud tire look but when I search the 285 size only the Duratrac option shows up on sites that has the mud tire look. But when I search the 33 size pretty much all the styles are mud tire look. So can I go with the 33 12.5 20 size and run them on the same rims? Can I go any bigger? Suggestions please.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The “285” is width in mm so, about 11.25”, can your wheels take more width based on that?

This will give you the real world size of your tires

https://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you are highway driving this truck through the winter, do not get "big mud tires" because they look cool. You will put yourself in the ditch 100% for sure.

Be serious and buy proper winter tires. Pickups handle like garbage on ice.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If you want a reasonable tire that looks like a big mud tire Duratrac really isn’t a bad way to go I think they market themselves as a winter tire as well but someone more knowledgeable can comment on that claim. Aside from being overpriced.

That said I had good performance with the level down from Duratrac, I think it was Adventure something. And Ice WRT’s in the winter, which are studable if you so desire but so are Duratracs.

These
    https://www.goodyear.ca/en-CA/tires/...rain-adventure

https://www.goodyear.ca/en-CA/tires/...rip-ice-wrt-lt
    Last edited by killramos; 06-12-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

I know it doesn't meet your brotruck needs but I will likely be going with Michelin defenders for my next set.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast