Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.
    Thanks.

Did anybody buy the current X on launch day in store? Was it relatively easy to get on launch day?

I'm currently using an iPhone 8 and I'm debating getting the XS. But I'd rather buy it in store vs online as I have hundreds of dollars worth of Cadillac Fairview gift cards I need to use up lol. I never shop for clothes in Canada anyway so better to put them towards a new phone.

Maybe I'll just chance it and wait. I bought the iPhone 8 in store on launch day and there wasn't really a line.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Thanks.

Did anybody buy the current X on launch day in store? Was it relatively easy to get on launch day?

I'm currently using an iPhone 8 and I'm debating getting the XS. But I'd rather buy it in store vs online as I have hundreds of dollars worth of Cadillac Fairview gift cards I need to use up lol. I never shop for clothes in Canada anyway so better to put them towards a new phone.

Maybe I'll just chance it and wait. I bought the iPhone 8 in store on launch day and there wasn't really a line.
    I don't think there are line ups anymore. You can buy it online on launch day and pick up in store and just walk in.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I don't think there are line ups anymore. You can buy it online on launch day and pick up in store and just walk in.
    What if I didn't preorder? I'd rather pay for the phone in store to use up those gift cards (about $500 worth).

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I pre-ordered mine and they came by noon on launch day - mailed them to my work. I think my friend walked in the store next day and picked one up with no preorder

My Ride
    ute

https://movieweb.com/apple-itunes-de...chased-movies/

If you think you actually own movies that you've purchased on iTunes, think again. The age of physical media is dying a slow, painful death, but the convenience offered by digital is simply far too great to be ignored by consumers. However, there are drawbacks to going digital. For one, as Twitter user Drandersgs recently discovered, Apple can delete movies that you own without warning.

Drandersgs recently posted about an unfortunate occurrence he experienced, whereby, Apple randomly deleted three movies he owned. After contacting customer support to figure out why this had happened, the answer he received was downright frustrating. Here's what Apple support had to say in response.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

It happened a few times to some songs I added to my library and it was gone afterwards. I didn't pay too much attention to it since I didn't buy them, I was only on subscription. What happens if you downloaded a copy into your own storage?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Looks like IOS 12 Beta users get the final release a few days early.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I can tell you that's bullshit, because I have a bunch of movies that I've bought and still available right now that are no longer on the iTunes store. Once it's purchased, movies stay on your account for good. Now in his case, why those movies got deleted, has nothing to do with the content provider removing rights. The CSR just can't give him back those movies because they're no longer available. Now, there's a potential reason as to why those movies have been deleted. It's entirely possible that these are digital redemptions, and those are classified differently, and rights aren't controlled by Apple. While I've never had movies acquired through digital code deleted, I've had them not receive updates such as iTunes Extras, or free upgrade to 4K. So that may be it.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    It happened a few times to some songs I added to my library and it was gone afterwards. I didn't pay too much attention to it since I didn't buy them, I was only on subscription. What happens if you downloaded a copy into your own storage?
    Streaming music services gets content added and removed all the time, no different than Netflix. You don't own any of it.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

if you delete them locally, will the be gone?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    if you delete them locally, will the be gone?
    I'd have to download locally before I can delete anything locally haha. I don't think I've stored any movies locally for 5 years now.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Ok I was thinking that those content is gone from Apple's library for good so you couldn't download it anymore even though you have purchased it at some point. I assume that most people don't store all the purchased movies.

My Ride
    ute

Then I dont understand what happened to this guy and what Apple is acknowledging?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I think it’s just shitty CSRs that are clueless and doesn’t understand the problem, and a millennial that will jump to conclusions based on incorrect assumptions and ranting on social media. Basically Thursday

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Name:  DC7D70A7-7D59-48DF-9903-3A3ED924D9F2.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  31.1 KB

Won’t find that on the US or Canada store. This was removed years ago for whatever reason. I can still watch/download it. What’s interesting is that I bought it before iTunes extras came out, and my purchase was upgraded with that for free when they updated the title, which is still available.

My Ride
    an econo box

Anybody going to pre-order tonight?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Anybody going to pre-order tonight?
    Fawk no, iTards are getting dumber by the minute paying that much money for a phone, that does no more then the one they have...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Fawk no, iTards are getting dumber by the minute paying that much money for a phone, that does no more then the one they have...
    Or you know, instantly profit $200/phone by selling to the iTards.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    Ok I was thinking that those content is gone from Apple's library for good so you couldn't download it anymore even though you have purchased it at some point. I assume that most people don't store all the purchased movies.
    Forgot to mention, apps behave this way too. If you go into your purchase history, you can redownload any app that's no longer on the app store if you've purchased it previously. Exception is 32-bit apps, but you can still redownload those if you have an older version of iOS that supports 32-bit apps.

Bought the 64GB Max. Spending the past 3 years with a 32GB 6+ I think I can manage with the smaller storage. No music storage since I stream everything on Apply Music. Doubt I have more than 10GB on apps since I delete anything I don’t use regularly. The only thing taking up my storage is photos and videos, but since I sync to iCloud and only keep the low-res version I’m my phone it’s not too much.

Those getting 256GB and more, how large are your iCloud accounts? I always find my iCloud storage filling up before my iPhone storage.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Bought the 64GB Max. Spending the past 3 years with a 32GB 6+ I think I can manage with the smaller storage. No music storage since I stream everything on Apply Music. Doubt I have more than 10GB on apps since I delete anything I don’t use regularly. The only thing taking up my storage is photos and videos, but since I sync to iCloud and only keep the low-res version I’m my phone it’s not too much.

Those getting 256GB and more, how large are your iCloud accounts? I always find my iCloud storage filling up before my iPhone storage.
    I have a X 256GB. Current local storage is 65.8GB of 256GB used. While on vacation it typically balloons up to 120GB or so because of the high # of videos I shoot, and the shitty wifi upload to sync back to iCloud. Drops back down once I get home and sync up properly.

My iCloud is family shared, 632.8GB used of 2TB. 301.2GB of that is mine. The biggest usage is Photos at 241.1GB, and 2nd is Messages at 49.6GB. Yea, I have every single message since I got my first iPhone. Need those receipts for stupid arguments.

Page 66 of 193 FirstFirst ... 56 65 66 67 76 ... LastLast