Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 193 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Now that the X is discontinued, do you think Rogers will discount them? or just going to move them out of the line up? Would love to pick one up for the wife at a discount

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that the X is discontinued, do you think Rogers will discount them? or just going to move them out of the line up? Would love to pick one up for the wife at a discount
    Well if you just go to their website, you'll find the answer in 2 seconds haha.

Name:  iphonex.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  18.9 KB

Looks like a hefty discount on a 2 year ultra tab, no discount on cash purchase.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I have a X 256GB. Current local storage is 65.8GB of 256GB used. While on vacation it typically balloons up to 120GB or so because of the high # of videos I shoot, and the shitty wifi upload to sync back to iCloud. Drops back down once I get home and sync up properly.

My iCloud is family shared, 632.8GB used of 2TB. 301.2GB of that is mine. The biggest usage is Photos at 241.1GB, and 2nd is Messages at 49.6GB. Yea, I have every single message since I got my first iPhone. Need those receipts for stupid arguments.
    Thanks. I usually back up and out my photos and videos. I doubt I have a picture older than 3 years old even though I've owned an iPhone since 2008.

So you keep all your photos huh. How do you deal with a new girl scrolling though pics of your exes, lol.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Well if you just go to their website, you'll find the answer in 2 seconds haha.

Name:  iphonex.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  18.9 KB

Looks like a hefty discount on a 2 year ultra tab, no discount on cash purchase.
    I think thàts the same price as before, but they just added the Ultra tab so its `cheaper`

Used to be $599 on the premium tab and was hoping they would lower the price on that one. I think it`s actually more expensive on the Ultra. Ultra is $20 more than Premium Table, so $480 more over 2 years, but savings is only $400 on the phone.
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 09-14-2018 at 09:29 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    So you keep all your photos huh. How do you deal with a new girl scrolling though pics of your exes, lol.
    We're not idiots?

Doubt I'd be with anyone long term that gives a fuck about exes.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Anybody else somewhat put off by the pricing on these new phones?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 99civ View Post
    Anybody else somewhat put off by the pricing on these new phones?
    I’m put off by everything pegged to the USD.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Then I dont understand what happened to this guy and what Apple is acknowledging?
    As usual, guy complaining didn't give the whole story.

https://www.cnet.com/news/no-apple-d...ally-happened/

TL;DR: Moved from Australia to Canada. Converted iTunes account from Aus to Can. Those movies were never available in Canada. Converting back to Aus would restore those films.

I mentioned earlier about how Apps behave the same, this is also the case when moving countries. Your US only apps disappear when you move to Canada. This is why you should have 2 separate iTunes account for each country and try to run both to get apps from both countries.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well, I know some old apps, even ones I have paid for, can go away.

I was an early adopter of the Tom Tom apps. Great value, 60 bucks and “lifetime updates” all hard downloaded to your phone which was a big deal when google maps used to wipe out your data plan in a couple days.

I can no longer access any of them ( I had US Canada and Western Europe).

Oddly enough the old Tom Tom app for connecting to their dock is still on the App Store though.

The shitty part is those apps would have really come into their own with third party nav on CarPlay these days...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Well, I know some old apps, even ones I have paid for, can go away.

I was an early adopter of the Tom Tom apps. Great value, 60 bucks and “lifetime updates” all hard downloaded to your phone which was a big deal when google maps used to wipe out your data plan in a couple days.

I can no longer access any of them ( I had US Canada and Western Europe).

Oddly enough the old Tom Tom app for connecting to their dock is still on the App Store though.

The shitty part is those apps would have really come into their own with third party nav on CarPlay these days...
    I'm going to guess that this is the 32-bit and 64-bit problem. 32-bit apps were phased out in iOS 11 so they don't show up in the app store anymore and can't redownload.

Only 2 ways to get it back, have the app developer actually update the fucking thing to 64-bit, or find an iOS 10 device, those apps still show up under iOS 10 (for now). App developers aren't going to want to update an old app to 64-bit because there's no money in it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I'm going to guess that this is the 32-bit and 64-bit problem. 32-bit apps were phased out in iOS 11 so they don't show up in the app store anymore and can't redownload.

Only 2 ways to get it back, have the app developer actually update the fucking thing to 64-bit, or find an iOS 10 device, those apps still show up under iOS 10 (for now). App developers aren't going to want to update an old app to 64-bit because there's no money in it.
    Hard to say, I would agree with you except that about 6 months ago Tom Tom made a big production of discontinuing and removing the apps.
    Name:  CF40F7F0-9A43-4C3F-A102-31012FA76156.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  20.1 KB
    But this one, a supplement to those apps to configure the hardware gps cradle they discontinued 5+ years ago, still shows up in my purchases and definitely is 32 bit.

That’s where I come to the conclusion that the apps can actually be pulled by the developer and no longer be available despite the 32/64 bit issue. So shit you buy can be pulled and no longer able to install despite OS.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    This and that.

So I got the iPad Pro (again) and this time also picked up an Apple Pencil and the Keyboard. I plan to use it for work more and try to go paperless. Which will require being able to annotate PDF, DOC, files, making typed or handwritten notes and being able to email them in recognizable formats etc (pdf, doc). Something that basically covers every possible scenario. Word is a monthly subscription that I am not a big fan of but also not sure how it works with PDF documents. Noatability keeps coming up but I can't find all the answers I need. Is there a comprehensive app that does all of the following AT LEAST;

Move PDF or DOC documents into the app and be able to work on them,
    Save those files in various formats (doc and pdf most importantly) and email them back and forth to be able to work on them on other devices,
    Take notes and email files for printing,
    Be able to type notes and have them in DOC format,
    etc

I was trying One Note for a case today and I emailed typed and written notes to myself (keeps giving an error on one). But when I try to print them it prints it all on one page, extremely small and completely illegible. Thoughts?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

you are going to have MASSIVE issues trying to go back and forth between word and PDF no matter how pricey of a program you buy...

One note is probably the best app for what you are trying to do, but when you email it to yourself I would email it as a PDF which is the best way to maintain compatibility imho.

The fact that you are trying to do this on an iPad only makes it more complicated. You would have more options on a surface device fwiw.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    So I got the iPad Pro (again) and this time also picked up an Apple Pencil and the Keyboard. I plan to use it for work more and try to go paperless. Which will require being able to annotate PDF, DOC, files, making typed or handwritten notes and being able to email them in recognizable formats etc (pdf, doc). Something that basically covers every possible scenario. Word is a monthly subscription that I am not a big fan of but also not sure how it works with PDF documents. Noatability keeps coming up but I can't find all the answers I need. Is there a comprehensive app that does all of the following AT LEAST;

Move PDF or DOC documents into the app and be able to work on them,
    Save those files in various formats (doc and pdf most importantly) and email them back and forth to be able to work on them on other devices,
    Take notes and email files for printing,
    Be able to type notes and have them in DOC format,
    etc

I was trying One Note for a case today and I emailed typed and written notes to myself (keeps giving an error on one). But when I try to print them it prints it all on one page, extremely small and completely illegible. Thoughts?
    i guess the question i would ask is why are you emailing notes back to yourself? If i were you, i would install OneNote on all your devices and read/edit from the application. All your devices should keep your notes in sync (assuming you're using OneDrive)

My Ride
    Ram

I ordered an extra 256gb gold XS max that my sister bailed on. If anyone is interested i can let it go for MSRP otherwise i`ll just return it. That way you dont have to wait 2 weeks.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Google just released an update to Google Maps 5.0, supposed to be on Carplay now.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Google just released an update to Google Maps 5.0, supposed to be on Carplay now.
    Good call, I just checked and the update was ready on the phone. I'm doing the update now and I'll check my CarPlay on the way home today.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    you are going to have MASSIVE issues trying to go back and forth between word and PDF no matter how pricey of a program you buy...

One note is probably the best app for what you are trying to do, but when you email it to yourself I would email it as a PDF which is the best way to maintain compatibility imho.

The fact that you are trying to do this on an iPad only makes it more complicated. You would have more options on a surface device fwiw.
    I was thinking about the new Surface instead of the iPad Pro again and knew it would have better compatibility but just because I am so used to the ecosystem I decided to stick to the iPad.

I am trying to go back and forth from word to pgf or vice versa. I am simply trying to switch between pdf to pdf or doc to do but in different devices. All Macs, Macbook Pro and iPad though.

I know I can buy word on my ipad but I hate the monthly subscription bullshit they have instead of one time charge.

I wanna be able to write up notes on my ipad, send them over macbook pro or mac for reviewing/printing/continuing to work on them or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    i guess the question i would ask is why are you emailing notes back to yourself? If i were you, i would install OneNote on all your devices and read/edit from the application. All your devices should keep your notes in sync (assuming you're using OneDrive)
    I am thinking of a scenario say I am at the office working on a pdf or doc document and would like to go home and continue working on the same document at home on my ipad. Right now, I email the document to myself and open it in my macbook pro at home and no problem can continue working. I guess what I am trying to see if there is something equivalent on the ipad that allows me to work on .doc documents without the actual word software with the shitty monthly subscription.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You can probably use the same subscription for word on your iPad as you do on whatever device you use for real work. I assume you use office for real work?

Considering it’s ubiquity in life I would stop trying to fight the MS office subscription and just accept it as cost of doing business, bonus points you will get OneDrive and can stop emailing shit to yourself and it will sync up all your devices.

Or you could be a squid and use pages and iCloud if you are so stuck on apple , but honestly I don’t know anyone who uses macs who don’t also use office for Mac...

fact.

Page 67 of 193 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast