Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Weed stocks? Yeah, weed stocks!

My Ride
    B6 A4, NA MIATA

im in at 5.47, yolo

I'm in for some Put options.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

If you bought a put on Aphria for $2000 last week it would be worth $1M yesterday

Late now imo

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you bought a put on Aphria for $2000 last week it would be worth $1M yesterday

Late now imo
    Definitely too late to make a million on a trade. I'll settle for a few dollars.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If ya got money to burn, hard to decide if putting more into Aphria or going to the roulette table will yield more gains.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Craps table, for sure

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Late now imo
    I really hate these comparisons because no one expected that short report to come out and the magnitude of drop it caused.
    The risk reward at this point is much better currently if you're long and got in over the past couple days.

Everything is so "obvious" after it happens.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

There’s no comparison, it’s a fact.

Just saying the hedge funds that get in on these plays had their position a week ago.

My Ride
    NC1

i have maxed out my risk tolerance with 1000 shares of hmmj

i hope you guys strike it rich. a lot of my stock bros are averaging down and or bag holding too lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

There’s no comparison, it’s a fact.

Just saying the hedge funds that get in on these plays had their position a week ago.
    I thought for months. Not a week. This was planned since October it seems.

Craps table, for sure
    Definitely. Far easier to control outcomes at Craps.

I can't believe you guys are still gambling on Aphria when there is so much opportunity for day trading the big dogs like WEED and ACB.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Definitely. Far easier to control outcomes at Craps.

I can't believe you guys are still gambling on Aphria when there is so much opportunity for day trading the big dogs like WEED and ACB.
    I'd argue Aphria is both better on a daytrading and long position given the circumstances this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I'd argue Aphria is both better on a daytrading and long position given the circumstances this past week.
    In what sense? What predictability has there been in its price swings? Sounds to me like these swings have come out of nowhere and surprised everyone, which means for daytrading you'd be flipping coin and hoping for the best. If it's bottomed out now and they still have their contracts for supply in place, then it could be worth a long play for sure. But even for long plays, WEED is pretty solid and it's poised to make a minimum 100% return eventually. Maybe Aphria could make a few hundred percent? But if some hedge funds are purposely shorting it every time it jumps up, it could be pretty risky.
    Last edited by Misterman; 12-08-2018 at 04:42 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    In what sense? What predictability has there been in its price swings? Sounds to me like these swings have come out of nowhere and surprised everyone, which means for daytrading you'd be flipping coin and hoping for the best. If it's bottomed out now and they still have their contracts for supply in place, then it could be worth a long play for sure. But even for long plays, WEED is pretty solid and it's poised to make a minimum 100% return eventually. Maybe Aphria could make a few hundred percent? But if some hedge funds are purposely shorting it every time it jumps up, it could be pretty risky.
    This was a rare instance that occurred this past Monday in regards to the short seller report. It was making huge claims and caught the market by surprise. They also planned this attack for months and stocks even started going down 10 minutes before their presentation in New York. Because of this surprise and fearful claims of shell companies and "worthless" assets, how the stock should be 0, it caused widespread panic. $10.50's down to high 4's in a matter of 2 days. The only thing I'll give to them is that it was very well executed and their presentation seemed very damning at the moment due to the months of planning and surprise factor.

After Wednesday, many people started to see huge holes in this report and it was beginning to be very clear this was a short and distort play. The report was very selective in its information and made up lies and half-truths just to fit their narrative. Lots of retail/novice investors lost money by selling on Wednesday, but this provided huge opportunity to buy back in after you realized what happened. Next Wednesday, Aphria is coming out with a line-by-line official response debunking all the claims, but market has already changed sentiment on Aphria for the most part. The Canadian operations alone are worth at least $12 CAD easily.

I've put my money where my mouth is on this one and I believe anything in the $5-8 range is an absolutely steal. The risk/reward is very favorable due to the events this week. Aphria could have done a better job on the response time for damage control, but overall they did things properly for situations like this. Handling it very professionally and stock price will rebound in the short and long term. In fact, this short seller report might even help Aphria in the long term in terms of proving how legit their operations are.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This was a rare instance that occurred this past Monday in regards to the short seller report. It was making huge claims and caught the market by surprise. They also planned this attack for months and stocks even started going down 10 minutes before their presentation in New York. Because of this surprise and fearful claims of shell companies and "worthless" assets, how the stock should be 0, it caused widespread panic. $10.50's down to high 4's in a matter of 2 days. The only thing I'll give to them is that it was very well executed and their presentation seemed very damning at the moment due to the months of planning and surprise factor.

After Wednesday, many people started to see huge holes in this report and it was beginning to be very clear this was a short and distort play. The report was very selective in its information and made up lies and half-truths just to fit their narrative. Lots of retail/novice investors lost money by selling on Wednesday, but this provided huge opportunity to buy back in after you realized what happened. Next Wednesday, Aphria is coming out with a line-by-line official response debunking all the claims, but market has already changed sentiment on Aphria for the most part. The Canadian operations alone are worth at least $12 CAD easily.

I've put my money where my mouth is on this one and I believe anything in the $5-8 range is an absolutely steal. The risk/reward is very favorable due to the events this week. Aphria could have done a better job on the response time for damage control, but overall they did things properly for situations like this. Handling it very professionally and stock price will rebound in the short and long term. In fact, this short seller report might even help Aphria in the long term in terms of proving how legit their operations are.
    Right on. Hope it all works out. I haven't followed anything to do with Aphria, as I was never interested to invest in them. Sounds like you're doing your due diligence, hopefully you have some liquid cash to average down with.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

APHA earning release in January will be a fun ride. I can't believe how low the stock got, the market reacted as if the LATAM arm of their company was where all their revenue was supposed to come from? I guess this is the insanity you expose yourself to when listing in MURICA. Oh well, I'm 6500 shares strong now, couldn't pass up that buying opportunity. In 10 years I'll be sipping margaritas on a beach far far away.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

You expecting the stock to be at $500 in 10 years?! I mean, me too but...
    Ultracrepidarian

Hindsight is 20/20. I never owned apha but once I could review and see that these deals were audited by a 3rd party that's been in business since the 80s and the majority of the stocks are individually owned not institutional owned I was all in for this turnaround and the sheep are claiming they knew and laughing it off. When for a fact there was more panic selling then buying so tells me majority are new at investing.

Enjoy the gains guys. Look to sell prior to financial release depending on the run up before.

My Ride

APHA Hostile Takeover bid news today. Green Growth Brand offering $11/share.

My Ride
    NC1

some relief to see things bounce back a little
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast