Quantcast
Demise of Infiniti / Nissan - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Demise of Infiniti / Nissan

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Their cars are still bargains on the used car market.

I myself am getting a little too old and bored off my 370z, best car I've ever owned though... but sadly, as I look for something a little more mature and yet still fast, I'm likely going German...... unless they come out with a new Z

My Ride
    Axis powers

I had a rental maxima recently, the infotainment was ok, gps was terrible though, the screen was barely usable as you couldn’t see if it here was sun on it but the engine and power train were great, car was comfortable, looked up the price, starting at 40k there other vehicles I’d consider before it though
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I just bought my wife a new ‘18 pathfinder SL in November. For the price and equipment/tech it blew everything else out of the water.

Biggest gripes are: CVT, orange backlit (drives me nuts) and it’s heavy.

But it’s the best value, by far. Also, it can freakishly tow 6000lbs now. That gave my confidence in the CVT reliability, not that I’ll tow with it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup. Went through a car buying process for the MIL a couple years ago. Finalized on the Nissan Rogue and the RAV4 from looking at #'s. I loved the RAV4, drove like a car. I hated the Rogue, CVT made it drive like a sponge. She chose the Rogue because it was so smooth. The sponge feel was preferred. I was blown away.
    That's what is weird about non car people. They don't seem to know what words like "smooth", or "good quality" even mean. That CVT is all over the place, the RPM's are never consistent. It just keeps going and doesn't shift like you expect it to. How one considers that smooth is beyond me. And how many people have I heard say something ridiculous like "Fords have really nice interiors!" I'm like really? Compared to what a Kia? I gotta give credit to Ford though. They obviously have amazing marketing, because they have tricked the average buyer into thinking the cheapest pieces of shit on the road are a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by realazy View Post
    This^

A lot of enthusiasts like buying used cars. If you want to vote with your wallet, buy new cars only.

The manufacturers cater to people who buy new, and they apparently want boring, reliable, and cheap.
    I think if we got rid of 0% financing over 8 years, you'd see these sort of trends turn around. It's no wonder they sell so many cheap boring cars, when you're paying an average of 100$ a month in maintenance on a used beater, it makes a lot of sense to get something brand new for 200$ a month even if it is boring and bland.

Quote Originally Posted by That.Guy.S30 View Post
    Funny enough, all 3 Infiniti have been more reliable than the new 2019 Acura RDX in our household.
    That's certainly not par for the course. Sounds like you got unlucky with the Acura.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    With domestic full sized trucks we’re still talking dumb, basic, tried and true tech... so same, same
    Maybe you're being a bit facetious? Not sure. But what do people consider new age tech? I mean Dodge's interior is beautiful for a truck. Every option and gimmick you can think of. Now they even have that giant Tesla'esque 20" computer screen on the dash. Chevy and Ford are still basic bitch trucks, so as a majority you're right about domestics.

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post

I myself am getting a little too old and bored off my 370z, best car I've ever owned though... but sadly, as I look for something a little more mature and yet still fast, I'm likely going German...... unless they come out with a new Z
    As someone who has owned both, I don't think you could go wrong going German if you can stomach a little extra maintenance costs. The 370z was great out of the box, but it's cramped as hell so doesn't make much of a practical driver for full time duties. The blind spots are enough to drive you mad. For the same price range used you can be in a BMW 335 with the same out of the box power, but easily go up another 80hp by just plugging in a JB4. Faster car that's just as fun, but with back seats and a trunk.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    As someone who has owned both, I don't think you could go wrong going German if you can stomach a little extra maintenance costs. The 370z was great out of the box, but it's cramped as hell so doesn't make much of a practical driver for full time duties. The blind spots are enough to drive you mad. For the same price range used you can be in a BMW 335 with the same out of the box power, but easily go up another 80hp by just plugging in a JB4. Faster car that's just as fun, but with back seats and a trunk.
    Not since they dropped 370z pricing down to $30k. The BMW 3 series is still starting at $49k.

Edit - or wait... I see your sentence says "used" but it's not entirely clear. Are you comparing a used BMW to a new Nissan? Not valid.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 03-15-2019 at 07:54 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    That's what is weird about non car people. They don't seem to know what words like "smooth", or "good quality" even mean. That CVT is all over the place, the RPM's are never consistent. It just keeps going and doesn't shift like you expect it to. How one considers that smooth is beyond me.
    There's no "shifts" so acceleration is just smooth.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Silverado

I had an Infiniti g20. Fun little car.

Wife has a rogue. Can confirm it's a sponge. But with almost 250000 km there is surprisingly few knocks or squeeks, let alone major issues. Only services are oil changes and CVT fluid flush every 80k

My wife chose the Rogue a few years back because the back seats were adjustable...

Front / back etc...recline...

That and AWD was all she really wanted.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I just bought my wife a new ‘18 pathfinder SL in November. For the price and equipment/tech it blew everything else out of the water.

Biggest gripes are: CVT, orange backlit (drives me nuts) and it’s heavy.

But it’s the best value, by far. Also, it can freakishly tow 6000lbs now. That gave my confidence in the CVT reliability, not that I’ll tow with it.
    Nissan still does that stupid orange backlit gauges? My 03 Z had that, and I think it goes back a long time, figured they would have changed that by now.

Now that I think of it, when we bought my wifes CRV last year, we never even looked at Nissan. She preferred Honda to all, with the Ford coming in close.

My Ride
    Silverado

should be marketed at 1wd with open diffs all around

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Not since they dropped 370z pricing down to $30k. The BMW 3 series is still starting at $49k.

Edit - or wait... I see your sentence says "used" but it's not entirely clear. Are you comparing a used BMW to a new Nissan? Not valid.
    Used 370z's (which the OP would be selling) are in the same price range as used 335i's.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post

Try a Qx70, I love mine. Its built on the same frame as the 370 from my understanding.
    Last edited by P_D; 03-15-2019 at 11:08 AM.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Those cars are a little too big for my liking... I'm 99% sure I want a 2012/2013 335 xDrive as my next vehicle though...the Q50s are massive disappointment in terms of "fun". Though I might try out a Red Sport if I ever get a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    There's no "shifts" so acceleration is just smooth.
    Non car people are funny that way, at one point I owned a G37X sedan with the 7 speed auto... my wife would comment that the ride was "jerky" lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3