Quantcast
Official C8 Corvette Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official C8 Corvette Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This kind of feels like the C7 launch all over again, haha

I remember InRich had just bought a 100K C6 Z06.... and I am sure it devalued to less than a Toyota Camry within a month of the C7 launch because the base model specs crushed it so badly.

I also remember that people who bought in right away kind of got screwed too because each subsequent performance package (released seemingly every few months) that came out was incredible.

"I've finally got it.... the most amazing Corvette ever"... 2 months later "Awwwwww"
    If I recall that thread correctly, everyone told him not to buy that car haha.

Buying any end of life car at a high price is dumb IMHO - you know something better is coming very soon.

My Ride
    Model S

Seems weak compared to the GT500 and the Hellcat.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I hope C6 ZR-1 pricing starts to come down slightly now because that’s my true dream Corvette.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    I think the gt500 is $110,00? And the Hellcat is a 20 year old mercedes sedan right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Chevy DEFINITELY just dropped the mic with this car.
    Agreed now!

Most corvettes, aside from classics like the C1/C2, make me go 'meh'

But this thing is freakin' gorgeous
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 11:05 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Do people actually drive Hellcats without it being some sort of ironic statement?

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If I recall that thread correctly, everyone told him not to buy that car haha.

Buying any end of life car at a high price is dumb IMHO - you know something better is coming very soon.

The closest parallel I can think of in terms of ownership groups to the Corvette would be the 911 guys... Every time a new 911 is unveiled there are cries from traditionalists lamenting the new model. The biggest change in the history of the 911 was going from air-cooled to water-cooled in the 993 > 996 cars and look at the prices of most 993s compared to most 996s... I wonder if some of the Corvette guys will lament the loss of tradition and clamour for C7s as the best / last ha-rah for the front engine cars? The older customer base of Corvette isn't usually the type to embrace change

Now, that's not to say they're going to have any problems selling the C8, especially at that price point... It will definitely introduce some new buyers to Corvette that very likely never would have considered one in the past... Just look at the replies in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    The closest parallel I can think of in terms of ownership groups to the Corvette would be the 911 guys... Every time a new 911 is unveiled there are cries from traditionalists lamenting the new model. The biggest change in the history of the 911 was going from air-cooled to water-cooled in the 993 > 996 cars and look at the prices of most 993s compared to most 996s... I wonder if some of the Corvette guys will lament the loss of tradition and clamour for C7s as the best / last ha-rah for the front engine cars? The older customer base of Corvette isn't usually the type to embrace change

Now, that's not to say they're going to have any problems selling the C8, especially at that price point... It will definitely introduce some new buyers to Corvette that very likely never would have considered one in the past... Just look at the replies in this thread!
    An exotic looking car with performance to match will sell well under $100K no doubt. Used market will be even jucier in a few years pending any reliability issues.

As for Porsche, after they turbo'd the base 911, I wouldn't want to have just bought a previous version - similar level of change compared to the 993 --> 996 IMHO, where the outgoing variant becomes instantly undesirable. But like you say, some of those air colled Porsches are crazy valuable so who knows haha.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post

I don't actually think the Corvette has traditional ownership groups (or at least its not as significant as you might think). I think it's mostly post-middle-age bald men, who want to cash in some of their retirement savings on a last hurrah. And the corvette hits a price point. It makes those guys feel special, but doesn't crack the big-ticket purchase price. GM can just sell Camaros to those guys.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    An exotic looking car with performance to match will sell well under $100K no doubt. Used market will be even jucier in a few years pending any reliability issues.
    Reliability will be a big concern. There's a lot of new tech under the hood on the electronics side. The entire car uses a new electronics architecture built from scratch, OTA updates and what not. They had a bunch of problems during testing. I just don't trust GM there yet.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

At my store the waiting list is already 7 deep, most other stores are about the same.
    It'll be hard to get the first year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Reliability will be a big concern. There's a lot of new tech under the hood on the electronics side. The entire car uses a new electronics architecture built from scratch, OTA updates and what not. They had a bunch of problems during testing. I just don't trust GM there yet.
    My thoughts exactly. New everything + DCT + GM/Chevy = Not a car you probably want in the first year of production, and probably not even the year after that. Any all-new car in the first year I don't think I would want.

Careful though, say anything remotely negative about an domestic car and out come the pitchforks

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    At my store the waiting list is already 7 deep, most other stores are about the same.
    It'll be hard to get the first year or two.
    2 years delivery wait for a base model? I figured they'd be cranking these things out at a huge pace and printing money at this price point.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

The build site is laggy and buggy still, but you can get a good idea.

Seems to me optioning another 30k is eeeaaasssy.

This 60k car will turn into a 90k In no time.

The value here is: base LT, Z51 with the high wing option (GT4 style).

Looks beast, and you can body colour the side blades. I’d get into that for 80 cdn.

Guessing the Z51 pack will be 7k cdn. Starting price of 71-73k. Sign me up.

Or a base Cayman or supra. Lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Grimace

I was definitely expecting a big bump in price, but it is only up around $3k usd. They do have a ton of customization options now with different materials and whatnot now. Will be interesting to see how crazy they go with the Z06 and ZR1. This is going to make the value proposition of the NSX very poor now no?

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Can't tell if trolling or serious...

Not trolling.

70k USD for the upcoming GT500, 760HP, 625 tq, runs the 1/4 mile in the 10s.
    60k USD for the C8, making 495HP, 465 tq.
    67k for the Hellcat, making 707HP
    62k for the camaro ZL1, making 650/650.

It’s a nice car, but I thought they would lay down bigger numbers on their flagship vehicle. It is only a modest bump over the C7, and a heavier car.

Supposedly they will introduce an 800HP TT model later, but that will probably be like 140k USD.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Not trolling.

70k USD for the upcoming GT500, 760HP, 625 tq, runs the 1/4 mile in the 10s.
    60k USD for the C8, making 495HP, 465 tq.
    67k for the Hellcat, making 707HP
    62k for the camaro ZL1, making 650/650.

It’s a nice car, but I thought they would lay down bigger numbers on their flagship vehicle. It is only a modest bump over the C7, and a heavier car.

Supposedly they will introduce an 800HP TT model later, but that will probably be like 140k USD.

Info came out C8 starting at only 70K Canadian

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    2 years delivery wait for a base model? I figured they'd be cranking these things out at a huge pace and printing money at this price point.
    I believe production will be the highest it's ever been, but this being a global launch means the demand will be much higher, the car will be sold in RHD markets as well.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well... this might be in the running for M3 replacement next year... hopefully they are well stocked and selling for msrp by then!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast