Name:  FB_IMG_1563753560815.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  44.0 KB
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People argue and complain when dealers sell for above MSRP... and now people are arguing about a dealer only selling for MSRP?

The internet is the best haha
    unless u are mitsu, then you always pay less than dealer invoice

Well the looks are nothing to write home about. Kind of like they took a 15 year old Ferrari and said "Ok, see if you can make this look cheap"

But it's a nice intro with the mass produced base model. I wouldn't ever be interested in one, but the potential of what is coming with a Z06 or Zr1 variant might draw me in. It's unfortunate they didn't press release everything at once. Normally you use the big halo model that nobody buys, as a way to draw people into dealerships and then sell them a base model. That was the demise of the Viper, not having a base model at all, and upping the ante to try and woo in the Porsche crowd. Porsche guys are too stuck up to ever own a domestic, and only selling 800 cars a year doesn't keep you very profitable. It's that base model volume that allows the halo model to survive with it's tiny sales figures. But you need the halo model to keep people talking about your car.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Well the looks are nothing to write home about. Kind of like they took a 15 year old Ferrari and said "Ok, see if you can make this look cheap"

But it's a nice intro with the mass produced base model. I wouldn't ever be interested in one, but the potential of what is coming with a Z06 or Zr1 variant might draw me in. It's unfortunate they didn't press release everything at once. Normally you use the big halo model that nobody buys, as a way to draw people into dealerships and then sell them a base model. That was the demise of the Viper, not having a base model at all, and upping the ante to try and woo in the Porsche crowd. Porsche guys are too stuck up to ever own a domestic, and only selling 800 cars a year doesn't keep you very profitable. It's that base model volume that allows the halo model to survive with it's tiny sales figures. But you need the halo model to keep people talking about your car.
    I dont think that's why the Viper didnt succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Yup, very few people have any insight into the Viper.

24 years of production is not considered a success? 31'something thousand cars over that time frame is a low number but it probably wasn't meant to be a huge seller in the first place.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    24 years of production is not considered a success? 31'something thousand cars over that time frame is a low number but it probably wasn't meant to be a huge seller in the first place.
    I think it was always considered a sales under-performer.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I never got the impression that was a car people were lining up to buy, but couldn't due to small production numbers. I suspect Chrysler would have sold more if people would have wanted to buy them, especially since I can't even imagine how big the profit margin must have been on a car like that. Canadian sales figures have most years in the double digits and several in the single digits.

Googling it comes up with numerous articles about it's poor sales. I am not sure why, but Chicago based journalists seems to really hate them

Personally I think it's biggest problem was the Corvette, where you could often find similar performance for significantly less money.

I think it was always considered a sales under-performer.
    Of course it was. Like I said, it didn't have a base model like the Vette does. And being that the Vette gets virtually all it's sales from the lower end models, it's not hard to see why the Viper wasn't a sales force despite it putting out equal sales figures to the ZR1(an actual comparable car).

Anyway, no need for this to be some Vette vs viper thread now. It's just disappointing that Chevy is going to make us wait a year to see a car that any of us car guys will actually care about. Streetspeed717 on youtube is claiming based on some inside information that the Z06 next year will be in the neighborhood of 725hp+

My Ride
    ute

Of course it was. Like I said, it didn't have a base model like the Vette does. And being that the Vette gets virtually all it's sales from the lower end models, it's not hard to see why the Viper wasn't a sales force despite it putting out equal sales figures to the ZR1(an actual comparable car).

Anyway, no need for this to be some Vette vs viper thread now. It's just disappointing that Chevy is going to make us wait a year to see a car that any of us car guys will actually care about. Streetspeed717 on youtube is claiming based on some inside information that the Z06 next year will be in the neighborhood of 725hp+
    The Viper had a base model. And then an ACR.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I agree. A 6.4 hemi, 500hp viper would be the ticket.

Alas, this is about 495hp corvettes. I’m getting really interested, enough to be on a list.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

It's just disappointing that Chevy is going to make us wait a year to see a car that any of us car guys will actually care about.
    Yeah, because NOBODY in here getting excited about the car counts.

You realize your opinion on the car, especially with the nonsensical lack of base model bashing of the Viper while simultaneously bashing this car for being a base model, is in a steep minority. A lot of (apparently) non car guys seem quite excited.....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    *The First*

The Viper had a base model. And then an ACR.
    I think he's trying to say that a Viper "base" was closer to a z06 or zr1. Without the more affordable base model, as is typical with domestics, to soak up some profit with big volume, the program isn't viable in the scheme of the Big 3 domestic biz models.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Thought I saw the new vette on Stoney tonight. Total wtf. Caught up to it, was a Ferrari Portifino. Mission accomplished Chevy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I still think the buy is going to be getting into a current gen at fire sale prices.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Thought I saw the new vette on Stoney tonight. Total wtf. Caught up to it, was a Ferrari Portifino. Mission accomplished Chevy.
    dude, the portifino is front engined!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I think he's trying to say that a Viper "base" was closer to a z06 or zr1. Without the more affordable base model, as is typical with domestics, to soak up some profit with big volume, the program isn't viable in the scheme of the Big 3 domestic biz models.
    They did have a base model, they jsut thought they could charge more money for it.

At the end of the day, the Viper was an 80-90k, 100k car. They would have sold lots.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s mid engine like the LFA!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    something green

dude, the portifino is front engined!

- - - Updated - - -

They did have a base model, they jsut thought they could charge more money for it.

At the end of the day, the Viper was an 80-90k, 100k car. They would have sold lots.
    Viper was supported and marketed very poorly by Chrysler. Only certain dealers could sell vipers, they had to have a technician with specific training, and there was also the "viper tool kit" the dealer had to buy. When a viper was ordered, Chrysler would put a caveat on it that x amount of another model had to be sold to get the car. Chrysler didn't have any real advertising going, they had a few short lived tv commercials in the US.
    I experienced all the sales road blocks trying to buy mine. There are/were dealers out there in Calgary, with salespeople on the floor who don't know what a viper is. It took me the better part of a year of Saturday shopping to find a dealer that would do the work to get me the special edition car.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I agree. A 6.4 hemi, 500hp viper would be the ticket.

Alas, this is about 495hp corvettes. I’m getting really interested, enough to be on a list.

Dodge internal edict:
    Front engine
    Rwd
    V-10
    Manual transmission

The rumor mill has dodge pulling out a different retired nameplate to put on a new layout car using the hemi platform.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

I like the way it looks and while I won't be able to afford it (or likely fit as it is with most of these cars), to those who are able to grab one good on ya. There will be those who want the original design (front engine with a big hood) and others who will say they are a Ferrari KO but did they say the same thing when the NSX came out. I remember looking at it and saying it was a Ferrari KO but still a good looking car.

With this vehicle, are they trying to steal customers from Ferrari, Lamborghini or just trying to gain market share from the Mustangs, Challengers of the world.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast