Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 91 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 91 of 192 FirstFirst ... 81 90 91 92 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Didn’t the XS have a bunch of software photo enhancements that never came to the X’s?

My guess is don’t hold your breath.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Any word if Apple is going to add Night Mode to older models since in theory it's just software processing? I'm hearing mixed answers on a reddit thread i was reading... some are saying night photos will be a BIT better with iOS 13 but not nearly as good as the true night mode on the 11s will be.
    Doubtful. Night Mode leverages the neural engine hardware. That was introduced in the A11 (iPhone X), the A12 (iPhone XS) improved by going 10x faster, and the A13 is another 6x faster on top of that. If you're lucky, you'll see it in the XS, but knowing Apple, not happening.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I'm on iOS 13.1 and don't see any options to turn it on or off in settings.

Any word if Apple is going to add Night Mode to older models since in theory it's just software processing? I'm hearing mixed answers on a reddit thread i was reading... some are saying night photos will be a BIT better with iOS 13 but not nearly as good as the true night mode on the 11s will be.
    In theory it would be super easy to implement on any phone that can handle whatever the minimum processing requirements are, and image processing in general is very linear and scaleable. Entry level/midrange phones have had it for a long time now, so even much of the older Apple hardware should be able to handle it - I suspect Apple wants to keep it an exclusive feature for the 11's though, especially since many of the headline upgrades are camera-based. All it is at the end of the day on every phone I have seen that has it so far is a group of slightly longer exposures combined with relatively basic image stacking - they can't overcome the laws of physics so there is nothing magical happening, it's just super convenient to have it all happen automatically with one press.

My Ride
    an econo box

iJustine posted a video comparing the iPhone 11 Pro and Pixel 3a night mode photography. The iPhone does a good job but what impressed me more was how well the Pixel 3a did considering it's the budget Pixel and is less than half the price of even the cheapest iPhone 11 Pro. I actually preferred the Pixel's results in a few of the photos she took. Still, it's nice to see Apple finally getting serious about low light photography. Now if only Google would get as serious as Apple about smartphone videography!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Whichever one looks better just depends on what you prefer as good output. Some people like blown out "HDR" details, some people like realistic lighting for night mode. It's too bad neither lets you choose how you want the default results, even with a few simple sliders for temp, shadows, highlights, etc. That would make workflow so much easier.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Whichever one looks better just depends on what you prefer as good output. Some people like blown out "HDR" details, some people like realistic lighting for night mode. It's too bad neither lets you choose how you want the default results, even with a few simple sliders for temp, shadows, highlights, etc. That would make workflow so much easier.
    I’m assuming it will allow you to adjust that in the RAW mode settings within the phone after the shot, just like the current phones do.

I’ve been waiting for this feature, can’t wait to get my hands on the 11Pro

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    I’m assuming it will allow you to adjust that in the RAW mode settings within the phone after the shot, just like the current phones do.

I’ve been waiting for this feature, can’t wait to get my hands on the 11Pro
    Yea of course you could do that, I'm just talking about setting default target "look" so you can avoid that. It would save an incredible amount of time for workflows. I literally edit every single photo I take before I share it in our family group albums.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    iJustine posted a video comparing the iPhone 11 Pro and Pixel 3a night mode photography. The iPhone does a good job but what impressed me more was how well the Pixel 3a did considering it's the budget Pixel and is less than half the price of even the cheapest iPhone 11 Pro. I actually preferred the Pixel's results in a few of the photos she took. Still, it's nice to see Apple finally getting serious about low light photography. Now if only Google would get as serious as Apple about smartphone videography!
    Weird how they even bother comparing a brand new $1500+ flagship to an older budget/entry level phone that is about to be replaced haha. In that sense I guess it's basically an advertisement for the Pixel 3a, but doesn't seem like a very useful comparison as there are zero people cross shopping a Pixel 3a and iPhone 11 Pro Max. At least Apple has Night Mode now though, that will make a lot of customers happy. For me, the most impressive part of Night Sight is actually the AI white balance so you get a more realistic result closer to what your eye sees. It would be nice to tweak exactly how Night Mode works depending on the scene, but I don't think either will let you tinker with that.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Yea of course you could do that, I'm just talking about setting default target "look" so you can avoid that. It would save an incredible amount of time for workflows. I literally edit every single photo I take before I share it in our family group albums.
    Haha, I’m the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Weird how they even bother comparing a brand new $1500+ flagship to an older budget/entry level phone that is about to be replaced haha. In that sense I guess it's basically an advertisement for the Pixel 3a, but doesn't seem like a very useful comparison as there are zero people cross shopping a Pixel 3a and iPhone 11 Pro Max. At least Apple has Night Mode now though, that will make a lot of customers happy. For me, the most impressive part of Night Sight is actually the AI white balance so you get a more realistic result closer to what your eye sees. It would be nice to tweak exactly how Night Mode works depending on the scene, but I don't think either will let you tinker with that.
    They are using the Pixel 3 as a comparison because it was the bench mark.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    They are using the Pixel 3 as a comparison because it was the bench mark.
    They didn't use a Pixel 3, they used a 3a which is not identical hardware. They are similar (which is what makes the 3a such a bargain) but not the same.

They didn't use a Pixel 3, they used a 3a which is not identical hardware. They are similar (which is what makes the 3a such a bargain) but not the same.
    I believe the camera hardware is the same on the 3a vs the 3, it's just missing the dedicated processor on the 3a which makes things slower, but final image should be equivalent besides occasional differences in colour balance

Google Pixel 3a vs Pixel 3 camera verdict
    Google’s Pixel range has deservedly earned a reputation as one of the better options for mobile photography. Arguably one of the Pixel 3a’s most appealing feature is Google’s flagship photography capabilities in a lower price package. Image capture and post-processing quality are essentially identical between the two, bar the occasional differences in color balance. Better still, Google’s cutting edge machine learning features, like Night Sight and HDR+, make their way to the Pixel 3a completely intact. The only trade-off is that processing these advanced features takes a little longer on the Pixel 3a.
    https://www.androidauthority.com/goo...rison-1014894/

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s an iPhone compared to a poor people phone.

How is this any different than any other iPhone Android comparison?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I believe the camera hardware is the same on the 3a vs the 3, it's just missing the dedicated processor on the 3a which makes things slower, but final image should be equivalent besides occasional differences in colour balance
    Yup, exactly - similar but not identical. Portrait mode also works differently on each. The camera on the 3a is way better than it should be for the price, that's for sure.

My Ride
    This and that.

So for anyone who messaged me here or PM about my iPhone XS Max. I have decided to hold on to it for a while still. I read a lot and don't think there are significant enough differences between the 11 Pro and my XS Max to make the switch right away. Maybe down the line in a few months or something. For fun though I picked up a Note 10 Plus to try out so that will keep me entertained. lol.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

How much is an iPhone X 256GB with OEM case with warranty for another 2 months worth? That'll probably be my deciding factor if I get one after testing video work on Friday. Just got AppleCare replaced with a new phone because FaceID camera was broken, so it's pretty much new.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

How much is an iPhone X 256GB with OEM case with warranty for another 2 months worth? That'll probably be my deciding factor if I get one after testing video work on Friday. Just got AppleCare replaced with a new phone because FaceID camera was broken, so it's pretty much new.
    I'll give you $1.

The biggest advantage I see for Video is that at 4K60fps you can switch cameras on the fly. My Xs can only do that at 30fps, badly at that.

My Ride
    an econo box

Yeah I know what you mean. I have an iPhone XS and a Pixel 3 and I tend to like the Pixel 3's output better in most photos day or night. I'm not a huge fan of the iPhone's warm tone and less saturation than the Pixel's. But to each their own. iPhone video recording quality is amazing though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it would be nice to have some user control, even if limited.

Is AppleCare worth getting? I never had issues with all my previous iPhones where I could take advantage of it, it seems some of you guys can easily get a replacement with bad luck on damage/problems.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Is AppleCare worth getting? I never had issues with all my previous iPhones where I could take advantage of it, it seems some of you guys can easily get a replacement with bad luck on damage/problems.
    On the newer phones, absolutely. I've purchased AppleCare on X and XS, and I've come out ahead already. As previously mentioned, FaceID camera died, would've been a $719 replacement.

Page 91 of 192 FirstFirst ... 81 90 91 92 101 ... LastLast