Quantcast
OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NHL Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NHL Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    most NHL players are the classiest pro athletes you will find.
    pro athletes are a pretty low bar. Yea, not a lot of wife beaters in the NHL isn't something to really brag about lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Sean Avery deserved to get his teeth kicked in and injected with Ebola. All day, every day. Fuck him all the way to the end of the earth.

Oh, and this story is super believable because we all know how timid and shy Sean Avery was while a player. He can go on TV and blab about "sloppy seconds", call Martin Brodeur a fatty and then stand in front of government officials pretending to care about gay rights, but he can't call out a coach within a decade?

Dear Internet,
    13 years ago, a relatively frail, much much older man wearing no pads at all and actually a quite fashionable suit kicked me with his Salvatore Ferragamo loafer while I was wearing full on hockey equipment. My feels. #MeToo.

Fucking bullshit lying scum bag.

*But that's none of my business Kermit meme.
    Not to mention how he bullied Dustin Brown when Brown was a rookie.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I have no no interest in exposing my kids to hockey on any level. It's a cultural cess pool.
    Okkkkk Jessica Allen Calm down lol

Hockey Can definitely produce some strange rituals and people don't get me wrong.. But it's not all bad.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Okkkkk Jessica Allen Calm down lol

Hockey Can definitely produce some strange rituals and people don't get me wrong.. But it's not all bad.
    No kidding.

Some kids these days could really benefit from some health sports competitions, some losing, learning about teams and some good coaches mentoring them. All of which hockey does an excellent job of teaching.

Peters is a racist, Babcock is mean and Crawford kicked some players asses (literally) and all of a sudden organized hockey is the devil?

Lets ban all drama and music classes too after hearing about all the entertainment industries bullshit.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    No kidding.

Some kids these days could really benefit from some health sports competitions, some losing, learning about teams and some good coaches mentoring them. All of which hockey does an excellent job of teaching.

Peters is a racist, Babcock is mean and Crawford kicked some players asses (literally) and all of a sudden organized hockey is the devil?

Lets ban all drama and music classes too after hearing about all the entertainment industries bullshit.
    Begin Devils Advocate:
    White hockey moms with giant sunglasses in gianter SUV's are a pretty vicious breed. There's a lot of clique BS in hockey.
    /Devil's advocate

I also believe that this is easily mitigated. Just sayin.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Begin Devils Advocate:
    White hockey moms with giant sunglasses in gianter SUV's are a pretty vicious breed. There's a lot of clique BS in hockey.
    /Devil's advocate

I also believe that this is easily mitigated. Just sayin.
    That's parents of any sport/organized activity, some of them are fucking Mental.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

I'm actually starting to see the other side of things in that we all in general shouldn't be so sensitive.... that being said, there's still no excuse for using the N word in 2009, so fuck Bill Peters.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    That's parents of any sport/organized activity, some of them are fucking Mental.
    Oh, totally. But, the cultural significance of hockey in Canada takes that to a higher level. Atom AAA is an abortion for delusional parents thinking their 9yo puke stain is their meal ticket. It's amazing.
    But again - since most players are nowhere near gifted, the experience can have a lot to offer.
    Except for the tournament's. Fuck those completely. Yeah, so I need to go to Estevan, Sask then Anchorage, Alaska before Gold River, BC because there's not enough kids in a city with a million people in it for them to play??! Eat shit.
    LoL!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Oh, totally. But, the cultural significance of hockey in Canada takes that to a higher level. Atom AAA is an abortion for delusional parents thinking their 9yo puke stain is their meal ticket. It's amazing.
    But again - since most players are nowhere near gifted, the experience can have a lot to offer.
    Except for the tournament's. Fuck those completely. Yeah, so I need to go to Estevan, Sask then Anchorage, Alaska before Gold River, BC because there's not enough kids in a city with a million people in it for them to play??! Eat shit.
    LoL!
    We went to Banff for a Timbit tournament last year and it was the highlight of my sons whole year... it was more about the fun with friends and going to the pool than what happened on the ice...

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Out of town tournaments are what the kids loved the most. The hockey was usually secondary to the overall experience, of being in a hotel with all your teammates, having team dinners etc.Ask any kid who played, those are usually the experiences that stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    We went to Banff for a Timbit tournament last year and it was the highlight of my sons whole year... it was more about the fun with friends and going to the pool than what happened on the ice...
    bahahah beat me too it.

I agree 100%.

I coached Midget AA for a few years, before I had my own kids, and the highlight for every year was "Where are we going this year for our tournament".
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezmarez View Post
    Out of town tournaments are what the kids loved the most. The hockey was usually secondary to the overall experience, of being in a hotel with all your teammates, having team dinners etc.Ask any kid who played, those are usually the experiences that stick.

- - - Updated - - -

bahahah beat me too it.

I agree 100%.

I coached Midget AA for a few years, before I had my own kids, and the highlight for every year was "Where are we going this year for our tournament".
    https://nationalpost.com/features/ho...t-confidential

Alright who's dick did you suck to get more ice time?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    370Z duhh

A bit off topic but I make it a point not to donate money to kids sports programs. My wife got mad at me because I told her I give my money to people who need it more like the Mustard Seed or DI (I really do). She said her mom had to work her ass off to pay for my brother in laws hockey as a kid. I secretly scoffed at that. One of the reasons my own mother didn't let me play hockey as a kid was because we couldn't afford it... and guess what, I just DIDN'T play it, and I went on and had a normal happy childhood and in my early 30s when I could finally afford it, I started playing. No harm no foul in my life.

Hockey can be a strange world. It is definitely full of elitist white people who do crazy things.

My nephew told me about his weekend tournament. Basically the kids on the other teams were trashing the hotel while the parents were busy being drunk.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    A bit off topic but I make it a point not to donate money to kids sports programs. My wife got mad at me because I told her I give my money to people who need it more like the Mustard Seed or DI (I really do). She said her mom had to work her ass off to pay for my brother in laws hockey as a kid. I secretly scoffed at that. One of the reasons my own mother didn't let me play hockey as a kid was because we couldn't afford it... and guess what, I just DIDN'T play it, and I went on and had a normal happy childhood and in my early 30s when I could finally afford it, I started playing. No harm no foul in my life.

Hockey can be a strange world. It is definitely full of elitist white people who do crazy things.

My nephew told me about his weekend tournament. Basically the kids on the other teams were trashing the hotel while the parents were busy being drunk.
    Great anecdotal points. Its clear all hockey is like your nephews trashy team.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    https://nationalpost.com/features/ho...t-confidential

Alright who's dick did you suck to get more ice time?
    hahaha thanks for sharing that article, amazingly accurate.

I really got a glimpse of the behind the scenes when I was coaching.
    The parents, the politics, the donations, the after game emails from parents complaining about ice time.
    Pressure from "Board of Directors" of who to take on the team, because of " a donation their parents made last year to the organization".

The association I was coaching with had one of the "Shaw" kids on a team that needed to bus to play a game in Northern Alberta.
    He literally just chartered a flight for the team to fly up instead of having to take the bus.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I'm going to guess you could write that article for any organized sports (hockey, baseball, dance, etc etc).

In fact I attended a dance rehearsal event with a family member and holy hell there was psycho parents all over the place; way worse then any hockey BS I've seen or experienced.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Going back to the NHL gossip - I know the former 3rd goalie for the Rangers (he was called up when Henrik was injured) .

NHL - apparently:

- Wayne Gretzky is a huge, alcoholic, asshole
    - cocaine is more common than sugar
    - most Russian players are complete douchebags who care just about money and fame

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Going back to the NHL gossip - I know the former 3rd goalie for the Rangers (he was called up when Henrik was injured) .

NHL - apparently:

- Wayne Gretzky is a huge, alcoholic, asshole
    - cocaine is more common than sugar
    - most Russian players are complete douchebags who care just about money and fame
    All accurate.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No, pro hockey players are a class breed.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:48 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This is coming from a former NHL'er from the Rangers organization, so his biases are there.

No, not all Russian players are douches (nor did he say this) - people like Igor Larionov were class acts.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast