Quantcast
Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm, whats the legality of this stuff though? I assume it's not just "grey" but totally illegal still even here in permissive Canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Hmm, whats the legality of this stuff though? I assume it's not just "grey" but totally illegal still even here in permissive Canada?
    It is illegal but it's about time people are pushing the limits of such nonsense.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Cool - their prices are fucking bonkers though.

Fun fact: you can buy 1-PLSD legally in Canada for research purposes. Same as LSD-25 but totally legal to possess. Just not for human consumption
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 10-31-2019 at 03:06 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I assume that site and the rest are still in the "not legal but unlikely to get you in trouble" category?

Is that your business BB? Doesn't work great on mobile, but looks like a good variety of products.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 12-16-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

No comment...Site is legit though .

I was interested in getting the Paul Stamets stack (Niacin/Lions Mane/Psilocybin blend) to market first, but there have been about 5-6 other mail order mushroom websites come up offering them in Canada in the last several weeks.

It’s going to be tough to compete moving forward, and with Psilocybin being breakthrough designation with FDA, it’s just going to become even more difficult. Positive direction to be going though.

I’ve met a couple people with farms that produce up to 1000 grams dry a week. Going to take a long time to reach that scale personally before legalization...
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 12-16-2019 at 09:18 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    That site is suspended now. I assume it's Trudeau's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    No comment...Site is legit though .

I was interested in getting the Paul Stamets stack (Niacin/Lions Mane/Psilocybin blend) to market first, but there have been about 5-6 other mail order mushroom websites come up offering them in Canada in the last several weeks.

It’s going to be tough to compete moving forward, and with Psilocybin being breakthrough designation with FDA, it’s just going to become even more difficult. Positive direction to be going though.

I’ve met a couple people with farms that produce up to 1000 grams dry a week. Going to take a long time to reach that scale personally before legalization...
    How many mg are in each micro dose capsule? I looked on the site but it’s either not in the description or I’m blind

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Or the quality control is weak and they really aren't sure.
    Is there a repeatable process to even measure that? If three is, are sites like this even following that process?

I have to assume that at best, they test only occasionally.

Well in this case (unlike measuring thc in refined products) it’s just weight of the ground mushroom, so it should be pretty straight forward to get that right. There Must be machines that do it all automatically and to near perfect weight.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Interesting legit science being done on the psilocybin. Early days, but step one is a big green check mark.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...al-trial%3famp
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychology Today
    A new clinical trial shows no serious adverse effects related to administering regulated doses of psilocybin in a controlled setting

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

It’s 100mg of ground cubensis, the actual Psilocybin content is difficult to determine as various mushroom species yield various amounts. Penis envy is one of the higher concentrated ones, more common cubensis such as golden teacher, B+, Mexicana will have fairly similar content. It’s a bit of trial and error for each individual. Worst case you take slightly more than you should and you might have a tiny noticeable effect.

Psilocybin tolerance is also an interesting thing. If you tripped 3 grams one night and wanted the same experience the following, you would have to take 250% or 7.5g to get the same effects.

All research will be positive in my opinion
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 12-20-2019 at 09:40 AM.

It’s 100mg of ground cubensis, the actual Psilocybin content is difficult to determine as various mushroom species yield various amounts. Penis envy is one of the higher concentrated ones, more common cubensis such as golden teacher, B+, Mexicana will have fairly similar content. It’s a bit of trial and error for each individual. Worst case you take slightly more than you should and you might have a tiny noticeable effect.
    Yeah that’s what I figured. It’s akin to measuring the thc content (psilocybin) in pot flower (ground cubensis). Pretty much impossible to do without lab equipment

Anyways yeah .1g seems like a pretty good micro dose amount. Nice to have this option around, will spread the word to a few friends

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Thanks for clearing up the measurement question. Would be nice if you have at least an estimate of the actual active ingredient in each capsule. That's something that will be required as this industry matures.

My past depression issues seem to be all behind me, I have a close friend who has had serious depression for a couple years, and intense traditional counselling and medication hasn't gotten him healthy. I worry about him and his future, so I keep an eye on safe alternatives. The study I linked to earlier today establishes the safety, which matches the kind of shared cultural knowledge that users have been talking about.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Doing my google research relating to depression and came across this nugget regarding psychedelics and migraines.
    It's Waaaaay down the article, but worth reading for migraine sufferers.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/p...c-psychedelics
    A non-hallucinogenic psychedelic already exists and there is another medical context where it's been shown to have benefit: headaches.

Emmanuelle Schindler, a neurologist at Yale School of Medicine, treats cluster headaches, which have acquired the sinister nickname "suicide headaches" from the frequent and excruciating pain they cause.

Schindler heard anecdotally about people using traditional psychedelics to improve their cluster headaches, and from a 2010 study that surveyed people's use of something called 2-bromo-LSD, or BOL, for their headache disorders.

BOL differs from LSD by just a single atom, and is non-hallucinogenic. When a chemical compound called bromide is attached to LSD, it removes its psychedelic effects. BOL was created by Albert Hoffman, who also invented LSD. (When Hoffman first made LSD, he was actually looking for new medications for migraine headaches.)

In interviews with a group of headache patients named Cluster Busters, Harvard Medical School psychiatrist John Halpern found that 41 percent of them had less painful or less frequent headaches when they took a variety of psychedelics, and for 52 percent of them, their cluster cycles stopped completely. A survey on BOL use found it can provide similar relief for cluster headaches.

"Those who got their hands on [BOL] or those who took part in that small study have said that when they use it in the same way that they would use psilocybin or LSD, it had similar effects on their headaches,” Schindler said.

It's still unknown how BOL—or LSD or psilocybin, for that matter—ease cluster headache symptoms. One clue is that both the psychedelics, whether hallucinogenic or not, chemically resemble a lot of other headache medications.

Psilocybin’s chemical structure is very similar to sumatriptan (brand name Imitrex), a medication used to treat one headache at a time. It’s also similar to melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate our sleep cycles but can also help treat headache disorders, too. LSD is similar to methysergide, a headache medication that isn’t available anymore, and dihydroergotamine, which is used to treat headaches and, when taken over the course of several days, can help to prevent future headaches.

But psilocybin, LSD, and BOL differ from those drugs in a big way: They can lead to long-term relief even after a few doses, similar to what researchers are seeing in the trials with treatment-resistant depression. Other headache medications don’t do that, Schindler said.

BOL is not officially being used to treat any headache disorders, but it's still an intriguing example in which the hallucinogenic piece of the puzzle isn’t necessary. BOL can have similar effects as psilocybin and LSD, Schindler said, and so patients aren't required to go on a psychedelic trip to find relief.
    @tirebob , @rage2 , @tonytiger55 , @Skrilla , @BavarianBeast @Rat Fink

This is a fun rabbit hole of research.

Edit: just tagged people who had mentioned experiencing migraine headaches. I'm not a doctor, or any kind of expert. Stay safe out there buddies.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 12-21-2019 at 11:44 AM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Woke up with a good one today... feels like I was out all night drinking, but like that type of pain you only get from over doing it with real sugary drinks

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Doing my google research relating to depression and came across this nugget regarding psychedelics and migraines.
    It's Waaaaay down the article, but worth reading for migraine sufferers.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/p...c-psychedelics

@tirebob , @rage2 , @tonytiger55 , @Skrilla , @BavarianBeast @Rat Fink

This is a fun rabbit hole of research.

Edit: just tagged people who had mentioned experiencing migraine headaches. I'm not a doctor, or any kind of expert. Stay safe out there buddies.

Yeah, I’ve helped a couple of my friends get rid of their cluster headaches and migraines with micro doses or having relied for weeks after a moderate trip. Same goes with depression. It’s been fascinating to see the positive results first hand and I’m hopeful the public outlook will begin to shift as more research is conducted. It will also be interesting to see the widespread loss of revenue for pharmaceutical companies as they gain more traction.

People are ignorant and stupid and will ignore research though. Cause you know, seeing pink elephants, unicorns and hearing voices in your head is what Psilocybin does, right?

Yeah, I’ve helped a couple of my friends get rid of their cluster headaches and migraines with micro doses or having relied for weeks after a moderate trip. Same goes with depression. It’s been fascinating to see the positive results first hand and I’m hopeful the public outlook will begin to shift as more research is conducted. It will also be interesting to see the widespread loss of revenue for pharmaceutical companies as they gain more traction.

People are ignorant and stupid and will ignore research though. Cause you know, seeing pink elephants, unicorns and hearing voices in your head is what Psilocybin does, right?
    Watching the pattern on my shower curtain twist and morph while peeing was pretty fascinating. Lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m good with my T1s haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I’m good with my T1s haha.
    You use to be cool...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast