Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 82 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 82 of 130 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2592

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI the Rogers World Elite card is garbage as of Jun 2:

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/rog...rcard-changes/

Among other things including a $15,000 annual spending minimum, the FX advantage only works on US currency now, and the advantage has almost been eliminated.

Looks like I'm looking for a new one again....

Fine print:

https://www.rogersbank.com/legaldocs...orld_elite.pdf
    Agreed it is a trash card now.

For my needs the Desjardins World Elite MC still the best option altho the Amex Plat is intriguing.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Home Trust has a $15K yearly minimum too.
    I don't believe the Home Trust card has a min. spend unless that is new. Couldn't find anything on the site either.

I used to travel a lot before COVID and found Home Trust rates to be a bit better than Brim. Brim is useful for Amazon as I used to buy almost everything there.

Right now Amex Personal Plat is the best card out there by far. It pains me to do the minimum spend as I also have a business platinum...but the value is undoubtedly there.

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    Right now Amex Personal Plat is the best card out there by far. It pains me to do the minimum spend as I also have a business platinum...but the value is undoubtedly there.
    It's too bad they just dropped the welcome bonus, referrals were getting 70,000 ($1400 value) but now it's dropped down to 25,000. The double/double promo is nice though.

Just saw that TD FCT/Visa Infinite is now doing double points for food and grocery delivery.
    ---

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Yea I didnt see anything on Home Trust for min spend, but they did take away the 1% CB on foreign tx.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Where do you use Amex though? The only place I could ever use mine when I had it was Costco, even when travelling in the US it was hit or miss whether the store accepted it
    Sig nuked by mod.

I don't think the Home Trust has a minimum spend. But I did get a notice saying that if the card sits idle for a 12mo period, they'll charge a $12 fee.

Used my STACK credit card when I was in Asia for the no FX fees. Beats having to carry a ton of cash that isn't worth much.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    It's too bad they just dropped the welcome bonus, referrals were getting 70,000 ($1400 value) but now it's dropped down to 25,000. The double/double promo is nice though.

Just saw that TD FCT/Visa Infinite is now doing double points for food and grocery delivery.
    I was browsing the site so the rewards work out to about 2% ish like most cards, semi-baller card? you get front of the line access to concert tickets, usual travel benefits, access to all the lounges, $200 credit (can you roll it over to another year?), I'm trying to marth it in my head to see if I use up enough stuff to make the $500 fee worth it.

What am I missing? lol

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I was browsing the site so the rewards work out to about 2% ish like most cards, semi-baller card? you get front of the line access to concert tickets, usual travel benefits, access to all the lounges, $200 credit (can you roll it over to another year?), I'm trying to marth it in my head to see if I use up enough stuff to make the $500 fee worth it.

What am I missing? lol
    Not a good deal to sign-up for it now but great if you already have it. If you applied before yesterday, the welcome bonus would've covered the card fee for 2 years. Then, with the current promo that runs until July 30 the cash-back rate is 4% on all purchases, 8% on travel and 12% on food/dining (will fall back down to 1, 2 and 3%).

So yeah you aren't missing anything, it's not an attractive card to sign up for right now.
    ---

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Not a good deal to sign-up for it now but great if you already have it. If you applied before yesterday, the welcome bonus would've covered the card fee for 2 years. Then, with the current promo that runs until July 30 the cash-back rate is 4% on all purchases, 8% on travel and 12% on food/dining (will fall back down to 1, 2 and 3%).

So yeah you aren't missing anything, it's not an attractive card to sign up for right now.
    Ah kk damn missed the boat but that's an incredible deal!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    Going to be cancelling my Rogers card too. I ended up just setting up a US account/credit card with RBC as most of my forex is USD. Any other forex will likely be business, so the forex fees are covered. For personal, non us travel....fuck.
    @npham , Are you talking about the RBC U.S. Dollar Visa Gold or something else?

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-...visa-gold.html

I've got a USD chequing account with RBC and wish I had a USD credit card, but I wouldn't be using it enough to justify the annual fee.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I love the musical credit cards every year on here.

Meanwhile my “second rate” Avion is still great.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Has anyone successfully managed a reoccurring 0% car payment on a card.

Was thinking about this recently, with the Covid 0% oem deals..

Wasn’t tangerine capable of this?

Would be nice on a 4% reoccurring card.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

@D'z Nutz No, it's the Signature Black Plus. They waived my bank and visa annual fees for the year, so I figured I would give it a shot. I'm getting paid in USD right now, so it's nice to purchase things from the US, through PayPal, with a US credit card. I had so many issues trying to get my USD chequing account connected to PayPal, I just went full send with the credit card and US based account. The credit card is through rbcbank.com and not rbcroyalbank.com

My Ride
    V8s

Friggin balls, I was toying with the idea of getting the personal Amex plat since the welcome bonus was so great. Oh well, I'm sure the deal will be back sometime.
    @adam c you can use an amex pretty much anywhere. My business cc is an amex and I've never been turned down w/ it (incl random places like canadian tire for e.g.).

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    I don't believe the Home Trust card has a min. spend unless that is new. Couldn't find anything on the site either.
    I think it does actually, but the penalty is only something like $10 if you don't meet the threshold if I recall correctly.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by jltabot View Post
    I don't think the Home Trust has a minimum spend. But I did get a notice saying that if the card sits idle for a 12mo period, they'll charge a $12 fee.
    My bad. The info for home trust and Rogers came at the same time. Never used the HT one, so I cancelled because of the fee. Thought it was because of the $15k min, but that is for Rogers which will likely get cancelled as well.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    @D'z Nutz No, it's the Signature Black Plus. They waived my bank and visa annual fees for the year, so I figured I would give it a shot. I'm getting paid in USD right now, so it's nice to purchase things from the US, through PayPal, with a US credit card. I had so many issues trying to get my USD chequing account connected to PayPal, I just went full send with the credit card and US based account. The credit card is through rbcbank.com and not rbcroyalbank.com
    Awesome man. Thanks for the info! I didn't realize rbcbank.com and rbcroyalbank.com weren't the same site even though I was looking at both of them.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

I wouldn't write off the Rogers Mastercard just yet. They sent this out via email yesterday.
    Annual Spend requirement

On your March statement, we provided information about the $15,000 annual spend requirement to maintain your Rogers World Elite Mastercard account. We want to reassure you there is plenty of time to qualify. The first qualification period will begin on August 1, 2020 (and end on July 31, 2021). As the current situation continues to evolve, we will monitor and adjust our plan as needed to meet the needs of our cardholders.
    It looks like you won't be downgraded until after July 31, 2021 at the earliest, and that Rogers may be re-thinking this minimum spend requirement. The devaluation from 1.75% to 1.5% cashback is a downer, but (and correct me if I am wrong), I do believe that 1.5% is still the highest all-category cashback rate for a Canadian no-fee credit card. I still have the Simplii Visa for 4% restaurant cash back, Tangerine Mastercard for 2% cashback in select categories (0.5% for all else) and Triangle Mastercard for 3% cashback (in the form of Canadian Tire money) for grocery purchases. Things like Home/Auto insurance, ENMAX bills (which aren't picked up by Tangerine as a reoccurring bill payment), liquor store purchases and what not I'll keep using my Rogers Mastercard for until they devalue me for not meeting the spend threshold, which I don't think will happen for another year.

I can get the equivalent of 1.5% on non-travel spending that I can apply to travel purchases with other credit cards that I pay no fees on, but I'd rather have the same amount as cashback (even after it drops to 1.5%). As somebody who has no interest in ever paying credit card fees, I think I'll stick with the Rogers Mastercard, at least for another year...

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Thanks for the update, time to move off my Fido Mastercard I guess. Brim World Elite looks good, they have FYF promo right now. Seems to come with LoungeKey membership too along with the 0% fx fee.

My Ride
    Exploded.

The Amex Plat is a great deal for anyone looking to get a charge card. Especially since your spending incentive got extended to 6 months instead of 3.

Page 82 of 130 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast