Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well there it is, pretty big gaffe from JB today

“You ain’t black if you don’t vote for me”

Not even that bad but the media is loving it.

This election is looking to be which leader can fuck up their own chances less lol
    Name:  926n1qh65c051.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  47.2 KB

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/22/bide...-or-trump.html
    Last edited by phreezee; 05-22-2020 at 02:19 PM.

After watching Tiger King, and being reminded of an enormous voting demographic exactly like those people, Trump's position in office becomes even more clear haha.

I really don't think he'll win in November, but if he does at least it'll be entertaining. The video clips of him dunking on reporters are my favorite.

In 2016 so few people came out to vote because they assumed Hillary had it in the bag (and she did by millions of popular votes), so it will be interesting to see what happens when the US sees what is likely to be one of their largest voter turnouts ever. Trump's voter base doesn't really move (predominately age 50+ white guys in red states), so it's more a case of how many people who didn't vote in 2016 will come out and if they are democrats or not.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    After watching Tiger King, and being reminded of an enormous voting demographic exactly like those people, Trump's position in office becomes even more clear haha.

I really don't think he'll win in November, but if he does at least it'll be entertaining. The video clips of him dunking on reporters are my favorite.

In 2016 so few people came out to vote because they assumed Hillary had it in the bag (and she did by millions of popular votes), so it will be interesting to see what happens when the US sees what is likely to be one of their largest voter turnouts ever. Trump's voter base doesn't really move (predominately age 50+ white guys in red states), so it's more a case of how many people who didn't vote in 2016 will come out and if they are democrats or not.
    Biden's problem is that people won't be that motivated to go out and vote for him - Trump or not.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Trumps biggest problem is that his biggest demographic is dying from covid.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can't see some huge groundswell of support from people who didn't vote last time. Biden is so uninspiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Biden's problem is that people won't be that motivated to go out and vote for him - Trump or not.
    Maybe. From what I understand though, most democrats, and also many previous Trump supporters, are happy voting for literally anyone but Trump this time around. Whether that's enough to change the outcome or not is anyone's guess but I personally do not think he will win this year.

As typical in politics, the people need to choose between bad & worse, so I imagine it's very hard to be motivated in the first place regardless of who you want in office.

There have also been some very shady things happening with voting machine contracts, and every single election security bill being shot down by the GOP, so it's pretty obvious they are hoping to repeat some of the things they did in 2016.

Uncharismatic might just work on the new generation. They don't seem to be inspired by cheerleaders, false promises and lies of times past.

The new generation is much more mired in reality, even more than GenX. Reality bites.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    NC1

How serious is this mail in ballot fraud thing? Is it enough to derail the 45?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's is a tremendous amount of fraud in these insecure elections. Several percent.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post

There have also been some very shady things happening with voting machine contracts, and every single election security bill being shot down by the GOP, so it's pretty obvious they are hoping to repeat some of the things they did in 2016.
    Trump should win by a landlside. But this is a big outlier, the potential voting fraud. That plus peoples massive TDS. After Biden whitesplaining and brow beating the entire black population, might as well have just told them to start calling him Master. I still saw comments of people saying "Well Trump has said worse" LOL, fucking wow!

We will see how much more of the swamp he gets drained by November. I'm not sure the general public would even take notice, but if he could eliminate the potential for fraud it would help his chances a lot.

My Ride
    *The First*

Yeah, honestly I think it's going to be a Trump trounce. We (they) are essentially dealing with a wartime leader. Those fuckers do one thing - and it's get reelected.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 05-23-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Kayleigh mcenany is putting on a good show lately too.

Also I like this promo - its older now, but still kinda gets me amped up. .

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/statu...43745550802945

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    How serious is this mail in ballot fraud thing? Is it enough to derail the 45?
    Consider Republicans are not that vocal in opposition... probably wants it too.

It's tough to unseat a sitting prez but economy could be as bad or worst than Bush #1 so chance is there.

As an Asian, there has never been a time where an US election may impact my personal safety.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-23-2020 at 10:04 PM.

It's interesting this stuff here is barely making news. Biden could be finally going down for treason or at least something lesser but also very bad.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...biden-70794148

I've figured it had to be one of two things - either the whole gang that is implicated in the ukraine scandal got to trump and told him to back off on it or else (even giuliani backed off) But that doesn't seem like trumps style.

Or more likely he has been holding onto it to get closer to the election and start taking them all down with impeccable timing. Trump has more of a habit of surprising people at opportune times and wouldn't want a stronger opponent to come forward this far out from the election, but still needs to get the ball rolling on possible charges.

There will be massive unrest if it's the latter though, if trump starts locking up his opponents just before an election. Even if they are legit charges, people don't seem to care as long as it hurts trump in the process. Hell we have enough of our own people who think trudeau can do no wrong.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 05-24-2020 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    I've figured it had to be one of two things - either the whole gang that is implicated in the ukraine scandal got to trump and told him to back off on it or else (even giuliani backed off) But that doesn't seem like trumps style.

Or more likely he has been holding onto it to get closer to the election and start taking them all down with impeccable timing. Trump has more of a habit of surprising people at opportune times and wouldn't want a stronger opponent to come forward this far out from the election, but still needs to get the ball rolling on possible charges.

There will be massive unrest if it's the latter though, if trump starts locking up his opponents just before an election. Even if they are legit charges, people don't seem to care as long as it hurts trump in the process. Hell we have enough of our own people who think trudeau can do no wrong.
    It's more along the lines of Trump needing to clean things up and then there will be one giant indictment day where they scoop up everyone. You can't prosecute these people in front of corrupt judges.

I was more curious that there isn't talk about this from voters in general. Pretty major allegations that you would think would be big news. Biden is the only hope for the Dems against Trump, and we have actual recorded phone conversations that confirm he was involved in a large bribery case.

Going full Q, eh? It's hilarious that some of you are still going with the "draining the swamp" bit, when it's been clear for years that Trump is merely swapping out swamp dwellers for his own swamp-water dwelling sycophants.

Biden is an astonishingly bad candidate as well. It's crazy that this is the best the US can do.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

By what process do such poor candidates become the nominees? I'm aware how primaries work, but they seem to routinely produce more chaff than wheat.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    By what process do such poor candidates become the nominees? I'm aware how primaries work, but they seem to routinely produce more chaff than wheat.
    Being rich
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast