Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 372 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 372 of 985 FirstFirst ... 362 371 372 373 382 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,440 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought they kicked any decision down the road?
    Ohhh ... dang

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    The first couple times I wore a mask, I felt odd, now I don't give a shit what other people think, it's my body and safety
    Mask wearing doesn't save you. It saves others.

Not wearing a mask is asking for more economic downfall.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Oh I totally agree with you all of on that. Long term the prospects of being a teacher even without covid is looking like a losing proposition. So this might just be the nail in the coffin. I assume we will get it as well, but I feel that having her in a room with 30 8-9 year olds greatly greatly increases that odds or severity.
    Just to add to the discussion. Teaching is also very visual on the face of the teacher. Im not sure how it would work with face coverings.
    There was a case a long time ago in the UK that a teacher wanted to cover her face with religious covering. This caused a huge problem, I remember talking to another teacher of that same faith who was against the face covering. He explained a lot of the teaching and control of the class room is very visual based on the teachers face.

So with Covid, I am curious how much of the teaching is affected if teachers must cover their face.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The latest MSM fear narrative is a complete joke. Do not trust anything coming out of main stream news.

Dr. Ron Paul:

the “spike” that has dominated the mainstream for the last couple of weeks is full of examples of such trickery.

Washington state last week revised its Covid death numbers downward when it was revealed that anyone who passed away for any reason whatsoever who also had coronavirus was listed as a “Covid-19 death” even if the cause of death had nothing to do with Covid-19.

In South Carolina, the state health agency admitted that the “spike” in Covid deaths was only the result of delayed reporting of suspected Covid deaths.

An analysis of reported daily Covid deaths last week compared to actual day-of-death in Houston revealed that the recent “spike” consisted largely of deaths that occurred in April through June. Why delay reporting until now?

We do know that based on this “spike” the Democrat mayor of Houston cancelled the convention of the Texas Republican Party. Mission accomplished?

Doesn’t it seem suspicious that so many states have experienced “delayed” reporting of deaths until Fauci and his gang of “experts” announced that we are in a new nightmare scenario?

Last week in Florida – which is perhaps not coincidentally the location of the Republican Party’s national convention – another scandal emerged when hundreds of Covid test centers reported 100 percent positive results. Obviously this would paint a far grimmer picture of the resurgence of the virus. Orlando Health, for example, reported a positivity rate of 98 percent – a shocking level – but a further investigation revealed a true positivity rate of only 9.4 percent. Those “anomalies” were repeated throughout the state.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/july/20/big-holes-in-the-covid-spike-narrative/

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Potentially, I don't have a direct connection, perhaps
    @The costworth or @MalibuStacy can chime in as they should be able to speak to it
    AFAIK we don't know much. However considering how little the school board CAN provide for us, unless the Ab Gov provides it to the boards, I suspect it will fall on the teachers personal account. We already pay for a lot of the classroom stuff out of pocket.

Personally I don't think anyone knows, especially not in RVS, so anything is speculation unless someone is in a very close position to the decision making or the CBE is ahead of RVS (for once).
    Cos...

It looks like things are getting bad again around us. Alberta is back over 1000 cases and BC is reporting they could be getting another huge spike in cases.

Thats the part so many people dont see, our health is numero uno but so is our economy. I would think a lot of business that survived round 1 are on life support now so if round 2 comes i really cant see how they will survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

This is assuming you HAVE covid. If you don't have it, mask use won't have any affect. As I've mentioned, I DGAF, mandate mask use and you'll see people using masks jump like crazy. I'm just curious now with peoples attitude toward covid, how accessible testing is, and the newer information saying asymptomatic transmission is unlikely, is there still a big benefit to mask use? I suppose it is best to err on the side of caution for the sake of the economy, still curious though.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This is assuming you HAVE covid. If you don't have it, mask use won't have any affect.
    That's the issue at hand. You DON'T know if you have it.

Where have everyone been? There is 3-5 days infectious period before symptoms shows... if at all. Sometimes, I have a feeling of talking to a wall or people just tunes out stuff they don't want to hear.

Until those $1 15min tests are common place, nobody knows.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-21-2020 at 12:10 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Where have everyone been? There is 3-5 days infectious period before symptoms shows... if at all. Sometimes, I have a feeling of talking to a wall or people just tunes out stuff they don't want to hear.

I believe he's sporting the argument that asymptomatic transmission to others is low or negligible. And, I'm not in a position to say he's wrong. My gut feeling is that it's virtually zero, but I honestly don't know. Unfortunately, I'm convinced that virtually no one actually knows, so here we are yet again with the inconsistent, unclear information.

My Ride
    Silverado

We are all kind of learning as we go here. Looking back did we need to do a complete shut down? debatable I guess. And maybe in 6 months we will look back and say maybe masks were overkill, but if shit goes sideways with a huge spike and we shutdown again we will look pretty foolish by not using masks the first time.

Personally I am using them in 'confined' spaces like gas stations, or busier places like grocery stores and big box stores like home depot. We had started going out for meals here and there, but with cactus club near my office getting 6 confirmed cases its a good reminder not to be overly comfortable in those situations.

But I also had 50 people over for a pancake breakfast in the backyard and going to have a guys night for the nhl kickoff.

Personally, my close contact circle is going from immediate family by adding close friends months ago to most of my friends again recently.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Nakadah View Post
    And how are you going to replace her income? CERB won't cover it. And where do you draw the line? What happens if Doctors/Nurses decide to do the same thing? Policemen? Firefighters? Grocery store workers?
    Well locally there's a few teachers who are taking up 1-1 homeschooling with individual students... The prices and the fact they're rarely posted for more than a day or two before they're full tells me there's a demand.

I'd bet there's a percentage of parents who won't send kids back due to risk (especially those with family members at high risk) that are incapable of teaching their crotch goblins. An hour per day of "teacher led homeschooling" seems to be a fairly lucrative business to be getting into

lolwut? Don't want to hear? You literally just deleted the section of my post directly addressing the newer information we are getting, like that asymptomatic transmission is virtually non existent(which apparently you don't want to hear ironically enough.) Or have they backpedaled on this now?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I believe he's sporting the argument that asymptomatic transmission to others is low or negligible. And, I'm not in a position to say he's wrong. My gut feeling is that it's virtually zero, but I honestly don't know. Unfortunately, I'm convinced that virtually no one actually knows, so here we are yet again with the inconsistent, unclear information.
    I'm not even making an argument at all. As I mentioned I'm just curious what the real benefits of mask use are? covid is something we are so aware of now, I would fancy a guess people are a lot more likely to self isolate at any sign of symptoms, especially being they can have a sample result in 24 hours and know it isn't a 14 day death sentence any longer. But yes, we had WHO telling us that asymptomatic transmission is not a worry.
    Last edited by Misterman; 07-21-2020 at 01:20 PM.

My Ride
    ute

This is assuming you HAVE covid. If you don't have it, mask use won't have any affect. As I've mentioned, I DGAF, mandate mask use and you'll see people using masks jump like crazy. I'm just curious now with peoples attitude toward covid, how accessible testing is, and the newer information saying asymptomatic transmission is unlikely, is there still a big benefit to mask use? I suppose it is best to err on the side of caution for the sake of the economy, still curious though.
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.
    You're forgetting the cost to their personal freedom...

My Ride
    Bicycle

lolwut? Don't want to hear? You literally just deleted the section of my post directly addressing the newer information we are getting, like that asymptomatic transmission is virtually non existent(which apparently you don't want to hear ironically enough.) Or have they backpedaled on this now?
    Yes, it's another fumble by WHO if you still hold that view.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/09/...read-covid-19/

A top World Health Organization official clarified on Tuesday that scientists have not determined yet how frequently people with asymptomatic cases of Covid-19 pass the disease on to others, a day after suggesting that such spread is “very rare.”

The clarification comes after the WHO’s original comments incited strong pushback from outside public health experts, who suggested the agency had erred, or at least miscommunicated, when it said people who didn’t show symptoms were unlikely to spread the virus.
    So chalked that up as "they don't know" as a "it doesn't happen."

It's very simple, if everyone who is sick that stays home or wear a mask. Where is this outbreak coming from?

https://thehill.com/changing-america...for-most-virus

Echoing sentiments expressed by public health experts nationwide, the majority of the coronavirus is coming from asymptomatic individuals infected with the virus but not exhibiting the telltale signs of COVID-19, says Admiral Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
    “When you measure the level of virus in the nasal pharynx of asymptomatic people, compared to people who are symptomatic, there doesn’t seem to be any difference, which means there’s as much virus in the nose of a person who’s asymptomatic as there is in a symptomatic person,” Fauci said.

Just walked into Crossiron for BBT.... mask wearing % definitely less than 30%.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-21-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Name:  9C3A28E7-53F2-498A-9B9D-C4FBDC2D70B6.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  44.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Very valid point and 100% agreed!
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    NC1

COUNCIL APPROVES MANDATORY MASKS!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Exploded.

Finally
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Page 372 of 985 FirstFirst ... 362 371 372 373 382 ... LastLast