Quantcast
LF: Recommendation for Wireless Earbuds... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LF: Recommendation for Wireless Earbuds...

Not sure if there is another thread for AirPods specifically, but the Pros are on for $300 at Visions this week. Those that already possess them, should i buy? Or are Pro2 going to be out in a few months or something

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We dont have a TV in bedroom, she watches youtube videos on her phone and listens to podcast at like a 4 or 5 "iphone" volume to get to sleep. I on the other hand need complete silence to sleep so I usually sleep with earplugs on 33db blocking and then have a pillow ontop of the exposed ear.

Lately shes been really into reality drag shows so its been alot of that kind of drama. Theres only so much rupaul I can take.
    You need to fix your case of testiclessness and it should solve the whole situation

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    So...you knew about her unhealthy obsession with drag queens before you married her?
    Don’t think the drag queens shows started in 2008 I could be wrong. The listening thing only started a couple of years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    You need to fix your case of testiclessness and it should solve the whole situation
    Sounds like you aren’t married or have a submissive partner

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I support your wife's right to enriching her worldly views with wholesome girl (and gender fluid) power documentaries. You go nzwaspwife!

ProTip: Get a set of earbuds that connects both sides independently.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Don’t think the drag queens shows started in 2008 I could be wrong. The listening thing only started a couple of years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Am married, partner just cares about my sleep / well being is all.

Regardless of your situation, i will also chime in the obligatory airpod pro plug. I have a set and they work amazing for all situations - Im sure better sets exist... or better value options but the airpods check all the boxes for me

My Ride
    fg2

i've been hunting for earbuds this year..also not an audiophole, was mostly looking for something cheap and small enough to lay on my side while wearing so i can lay on the couch at night and watch tv without waking up the kids.

here's what i've tried

random china brand TWS - - the plastic on these feels super cheap, and the voice tells you they are paired and stuff has a super heavy accent, but the bluetooth and functionality are good. they pair easily, and battery is decent. they are also a little too bukly for my purposes.. cant lay down with this thing in my ear. but functionally they seem on par with any brand name headphone i've used

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

soundpeats - on the higher end of the price range for cheap china headphones bought them due to a higher price tag, was hoping to avoid the super cheap feel of the pair above annddd... these things suck. the upside is they look a lot closer to airpods (minus the case being a lot bulkier) and are comfortable in the ear (and small enough to lay down with), , but everything else sucks. bluebooth/pairing is garbage, battery life is non-existent, the case is crappy and they dont sit in the case well and so often dont recharge

https://www.amazon.ca/SOUNDPEATS-Blu...4-135149aa9081

TWS i11 - these are straight up airpod copies, down to the "designed by apple in califorina" printing on the package lol. found these on ali express.. .. can be had for like 15-20 bucks, and they are very good copies lol. they are obviously cheaper made (case doesnt as feel as solid when you click it shut for example), and the pairing isnt seamless like an airpod (i've had no issue pairing them to appletv or my android phone), but the size/shape are identical. they even fit in a genuine airpod case (wont charge, as the connectors are different, but they physically fit) - for cheap china headphones.. these are my favorite so far.

and finally, i recently bought a pair of sony wf-1000xm3 - specifically for the noise cancelling (though they do sound amazing as well) and wow! these things are incredible at noise cancelling. they are big and bulky.. i dont think they would be great for sleeping.. at least for me they dont seem to stay in my ear very well regardless of what tip i put on them. but its crazy how much of the world disappears when you turn on ANC with them. i had a neighbor running a concrete saw all day the other day, and without these things on, if i stood in my garage with the door open (he's my neighbor across the alley), it physically hurt my ears, put these things in and turn on ANC.. and its a low background noise all of a sudden. if you're in a car on the highway and turn on ANC.. it's like the car disappears and your floating down the road. its eerie how quiet it is.

https://quieton.com/ - i havent tried these things myself.. but i'm super curious to, for sleep purposes they seem perfect if the ANC is anywhere close to the level of the sonywf-1000xm3

Sennheiser CX sport - oh forgot 1 other i guess i can include... not TRUE wireless.. it has the cord in between, but before i went looking for cheap true wireless stuff, i tried a pair of these as i had always liked sennheiser stuff. and they arent very impressive either. sound quality is good. but for 170 dollar headphones the bluetooth is garbage. very inconsistant.. for a sport headphone.. it doesnt seem to have a stable connection to my phone. if im out running and my phones in my pocket.. i get audio quality issues and cut outs.. and it doesnt support multiple device pairing. really disappointing for a big price tag and big name.

https://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-CX-...ag=googcana-20
    Last edited by dansmith11; 07-30-2020 at 10:32 AM.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Good tip. Thanks. Ordered.
    Just received, so far pretty damn good!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Just received, so far pretty damn good!
    Call quality?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Check rtings for call quality. Lots of very good earphones have bad call quality.

But Anker and Aukey are both pretty reputable audio brands.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Call quality?
    Dunno yet. Listening to music sounds great. Mrs. Penguin will be calling soon, so we'll see....

My Ride
    fiat abarth

I tried a pair of cheapo qcy T1 ($30) sound quality 4/5 (If airpods are 5 for wireless, but closer to a 2.5 if on the wired scale) , comfort is 2/5 (can only do about 1hr in these)

Finally got my Bluedio Particles in and: Nope, these are not the in ears you are looking for.

Bass is lacking, they only ship with three sets of proprietary inserts, all of which are too small for me. I wasn't expecting miracles for $20. They would probably sound a heck of a lot better to my head, if they moved the speaker 2 mm deeper into the ear canal and actually had a large size insert to trap that bass in.

They supposedly sound good to those with tiny ears, so take everything with a grain of salt.

That being said: I'm not a fan of in-ears in general. Nothing beats a nice 500 watt freestanding system to shake your toes.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-11-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I bought Mifo sport ones. I like them but have nothing to compare to. I do notice that they will sometimes drop connectivity for a second at a time here and there, I don't know if that's typical or not. I like the aluminum body, the fitment is good, they don't fly out of my ears at the skatepark or anything.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Sounds like he's just HAPPILY married.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-11-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I bought Mifo sport ones. I like them but have nothing to compare to. I do notice that they will sometimes drop connectivity for a second at a time here and there, I don't know if that's typical or not. I like the aluminum body, the fitment is good, they don't fly out of my ears at the skatepark or anything.
    Same with my Dudios ones. If I'm at home, works fine. But on my walks with pup, they cut in and out for a second or 2 a few times, then good again for a few minutes and repeat.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    E90

any recommendations to replace my over the head sony wh-1000xm3? i tired using them at the gym and it gets too hot and sweaty around the ear/head, looking for something similar sound quality wise, but for active use.
    would the in ear sony wf-1000xm3 be suitable, or should i just get airpods?

My Ride

Depends how loud your wife is.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You selling the wh-1000xm3's
    Hit me up bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You selling the wh-1000xm3's
    Hit me up bro.
    Why do you want sweaty headphones? I have a wh-1000xm first gen that I use once a month for non-sweaty listening.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I've been using these for the last year or so and have been happy with them.

Anker Soundcore Life P2 True Wireless Earbuds with 4 Microphones, CVC 8.0 Noise Reduction, 40H Playtime, IPX7 Waterproof https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07SJR6HL3/..._Dd9yFb9SH8ZPD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2