Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 461 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 461 of 985 FirstFirst ... 451 460 461 462 471 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The auto model scenario was to mock the main stream media for the fear and control they have pushed. With 300 deaths, this should NOT be front page news.
    All I am try to get thru is you can't use the result of policy against that very same policy.

You can only use people who did something different to validate/invalidate yourself.

We can do what if all day long, but us freaking out may have saved 2700 Albertans. Is that worth it?

And as a thinking exercise, cancer also kills mostly 70+, should we stop funding cancer research because it only kills the old? Cancer is f'ing expensive too. I think UCP should cut funding there to save us some $.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    All I am try to get thru is you can't use the result of policy against that very same policy.

You can only use people who did something different to validate/invalidate yourself.

We can do what if all day long, but us freaking out may have saved 2700 Albertans. Is that worth it?

And as a thinking exercise, cancer also kills mostly 70+, should we stop funding cancer research because it only kills the old? Cancer is f'ing expensive too. I think UCP should cut funding there to save us some $.
    No, if we did nothing and had 50-some odd deaths of people in the 0-59 age category (instead of 14) , this is NOT a pandemic in that case and CERTAINLY is not now.

We SHOULD have left everything AS IS for the working class, but instituted masks and new protocols for those who work with and who are near the elderly who ARE actually vulnerable.

My Ride
    Bicycle

We SHOULD have left everything AS IS for the working class, but instituted masks and new protocols for those who work with and who are near the elderly who ARE actually vulnerable.
    I said this very theory during lock down seeing how well Asian countries are going thru it and we ARE living in this very protocol now and you still have the slave mask crowd trying to fight what you are proposing here. You just can't please everyone.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I said this very theory during lock down seeing how well Asian countries are going thru it and we ARE living in this very protocol now and you still have the slave mask crowd trying to fight what you are proposing here. You just can't please everyone.
    watched a guy walk into sobeys with a face covering then take it off as soon as he was inside the store past the front person offering sanitizer... why do people need to be this way
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    watched a guy walk into sobeys with a face covering then take it off as soon as he was inside the store past the front person offering sanitizer... why do people need to be this way
    Empathy has eroded a lot in the internet age.

But mask compliance in Japan is no better or worse than I see around in Calgary and they are doing way better than us. So the magic bullet isn't mask or culture but could be our diet.

Who knows, it will take a lot smarter people to figure this out.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Empathy has eroded a lot in the internet age.

But mask compliance in Japan is no better or worse than I see around in Calgary and they are doing way better than us. So the magic bullet isn't mask or culture but could be our diet.

Who knows, it will take a lot smarter people to figure this out.
    Diet doesn't stop spread but can help with severity... I think if anything in Japan if they are sick they stay home and aren't total asshats who go out regardless if they're waiting for a covid test result AND showing symptoms
    Sig nuked by mod.

No, if we did nothing and had 50-some odd deaths of people in the 0-59 age category (instead of 14) , this is NOT a pandemic in that case and CERTAINLY is not now.

Deifnition of a pandemic: “an epidemic occurring worldwide, or over a very wide area, crossing international boundaries and usually affecting a large number of people”.

Covid19 is a pandemic. Just because we have been lucky here in Alberta with relatively low death rate (Canada's death rate is actually quite a bit higher then Alberta's) doesn't mean it's not serious. I already lost a family member to covid this summer and just because the death rate is lower in young people doesn't mean that I'm not gonna do my part in protecting others
    Last edited by kobe tai; 10-28-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Depends on the audience, to me its data. Means not as bad as the weekend but its not as good as before Thanksgiving.

We already know we can go into this blind. So we need data to tell us how to adjust the dial.
    And the data even since the start of this thing has been clearly telling us to quarantine senior homes and hospitals, and get the fuck on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    You ever think that maybe cause we are (somewhat) complying with the restriction and that is why the death count is low? Should we just let loose and get rid of 1 or 2% of Alberta's population?? Some death rates in the most affected countries for reference:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

The only thing we can do to keep the mortality rate down is protect the high risk groups in reasonable manners. This isn't rocket science, we know exactly who the virus is killing. The actual death count at the end is going to be the same, it's current count is simply a function of where we are at with the spread. Eventually this is going to touch almost everyone. It's less likely to make it to the vulnerable risk groups if we quarantine them and then allow the spread to take it's course. Than if we continue to drag this out for years to come. Every day that passes while covid is spreading, is just another day that we have the risk of it making it's way into another senior home.

If we let 'loose' like sweden did, we would have about 3x the total deaths - about 900, or say ~45 dead people in the 0-59 age category.

Lets get real here. This is NOT any kind of serious pandemic that its being made out to be.
    We are going to suffer those numbers regardless. We have just paced it out is all.

Explain your math. If we let loose most likely ICUs and hospitals get overrun and deaths go up
    Pretty unlikely. Very few cases require hospitalization, and we could certainly revisit the idea of some controls if for some reason we started seeing big spikes in hospitalization.

That is not the life we are living. There is ridiculous protocols for travel even between some Provinces, not to mention international.

Why do the powers that be need to try and force everyone to wear masks when the benefits are so miniscule if any at all?

Diet doesn't stop spread but can help with severity... I think if anything in Japan if they are sick they stay home and aren't total asshats who go out regardless if they're waiting for a covid test result AND showing symptoms
    Now if only we could mandate a lack of entitlement. Entitlement is WAY more likely to spread covid than people not wearing masks.

The ICU problem is very real just look at Mexico, France, New York back in spring etc.. We in Alberta are doing quite well compared to a ton of places (probably cause we aren't all crammed into apartment buildings/close living quarters) and have a relatively low percentage of covidiots (although should have none)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

Now if only we could mandate a lack of entitlement. Entitlement is WAY more likely to spread covid than people not wearing masks.
    Can't argue here

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

The only new information here that we haven't covered in the first couple hundred pages is that ramen can cure covid.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    The only new information here that we haven't covered in the first couple hundred pages is that ramen can cure covid.
    Only spicy seafood ramen

My Ride
    ute

proposed correlation: the amount that someone is losing an argument is directly correlated to the number of quotes in their multi-quote post.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

This thread just got spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    , everyone in the government (and every government everywhere) seems to care about the pandemic,
    No, they care about re-election. It would be political suicidal to come out and say “we are going to continue life as normal”. Can you imagine the Karen’s that come out and demand that something be done? People absolutely freak the fuck out at the thought of having hospitals overwhelmed and at capacity. This is the only driving factor behind lockdowns. Hospitals will be full, you won’t get the care you need and you will die. Has it ever occurred to governments to expand hospitals into the field and treat the less sever cases elsewhere? Probably not because having people 2-3ft apart in beds stacked inside football stadiums if fucking terrifying. We are currently fucking over the current and future generations to give a few more years to the past. Our handling of this virus, as a species, is nothing short of disgraceful. Humanity was born on this planet and we will die here.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    proposed correlation: the amount that someone is losing an argument is directly correlated to the number of quotes in their multi-quote post.
    Not my fault you fuckers went buck wild with 2 pages of arguing in the few hours I went offline for. If you prefer I could have made 7 separate posts?

It is rather ironic that someone like you who is always so spot in with data, just refuses to accept the data in regards to this particular issue of covid.
    Last edited by Misterman; 10-28-2020 at 11:51 PM.

My Ride

I concur!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ok. That was hilarious. Rep
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

So that's the Japanese/Korean secret.

Time to stock up 2x Spicy Samyang Hot Chicken noodle.

The ICU problem is very real just look at Mexico, France, New York back in spring etc.. We in Alberta are doing quite well compared to a ton of places (probably cause we aren't all crammed into apartment buildings/close living quarters) and have a relatively low percentage of covidiots (although should have none)
    If military is mobilized to build field hospitals, the population is done goofed.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-29-2020 at 08:31 AM.

My Ride

Stop using the Swedes as a comparison. Taiwan has not had domestic spread for 200 days. What did they do? Eat lots of stinky tofu.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Stop using the Swedes as a comparison. Taiwan has not had domestic spread for 200 days. What did they do? Eat lots of stinky tofu.
    or BBT, black pearls absorbs COVID confirmed.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    No, they care about re-election. It would be political suicidal to come out and say “we are going to continue life as normal”. Can you imagine the Karen’s that come out and demand that something be done? People absolutely freak the fuck out at the thought of having hospitals overwhelmed and at capacity. This is the only driving factor behind lockdowns. Hospitals will be full, you won’t get the care you need and you will die. Has it ever occurred to governments to expand hospitals into the field and treat the less sever cases elsewhere? Probably not because having people 2-3ft apart in beds stacked inside football stadiums if fucking terrifying. We are currently fucking over the current and future generations to give a few more years to the past. Our handling of this virus, as a species, is nothing short of disgraceful. Humanity was born on this planet and we will die here.
    Poor jutes, missing the point yet again.

Page 461 of 985 FirstFirst ... 451 460 461 462 471 ... LastLast