Quantcast
Meat Deal Spotted Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat Deal Spotted Thread

Default Meat Deal Spotted Thread

Dunno if anyone is interested, but I know I am always on the lookout for beef/pork/chicken or whatever at great deals to fill the fridge/freezer with so I thought maybe it deserved a thread of its own. If anyone spots a sale, please post here!

Now today I was at the Costco in Balzac and they had briskets on for $7.69/kg (3.49/lb) which is a great price! Even though I always prefer to cook never frozen, this was too good to say no to so I grabbed a few for the freezer. Most were pretty decent too, though I did pick through and grabbed the nicest ones haha!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I been trying to get cheap pork side ribs. Costco used to sell them in the foam tray and plasric wrap but I don't see them anymore.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good call on the thread. Someone needs to comb the flyers for all the asian supermarkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

The phone app called Flipp is one of the only useful apps I've seen in history. You can search for "strip loin" and it will show you the results from every flyer so you can see who's got the deals to move the steak.
    LoL.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Now today I was at the Costco in Balzac and they had briskets on for $7.69/kg (3.49/lb) which is a great price! Even though I always prefer to cook never frozen, this was too good to say no to so I grabbed a few for the freezer. Most were pretty decent too, though I did pick through and grabbed the nicest ones haha!

You sure it was $7.69/kg ? The past few times I was at Costco they had dropped the price of whole brisket to $6.99/kg. Great price either way. I smoke a whole brisket every couple of months so always on the lookout for a good deal on one.

Anyway, this is a good idea. Following! Sometimes the deals are not advertisement in flyers and are location specific. For example, one time I got pork side ribs for $0.99/lb and whole chicken for $0.79/lb at the Sunridge superstore, but they were priced differently at the other locations.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

How do these deal compare to bulk meat order?

I’m splitting a hog with a buddy, should arrive next week.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

How do these deal compare to bulk meat order?

I’m splitting a hog with a buddy, should arrive next week.
    Quality aside, I think it's still more expensive. For example, right now Costco sells whole striploin for $17.99/kg. I don't think even bulk order can be that cheap.

I will find the bill and confirm but I am certain is was $7 and change...

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    You sure it was $7.69/kg ? The past few times I was at Costco they had dropped the price of whole brisket to $6.99/kg. Great price either way. I smoke a whole brisket every couple of months so always on the lookout for a good deal on one.

Anyway, this is a good idea. Following! Sometimes the deals are not advertisement in flyers and are location specific. For example, one time I got pork side ribs for $0.99/lb and whole chicken for $0.79/lb at the Sunridge superstore, but they were priced differently at the other locations.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The phone app called Flipp is one of the only useful apps I've seen in history. You can search for "strip loin" and it will show you the results from every flyer so you can see who's got the deals to move the steak.
    LoL.
    This.

Probably the only app in my phone that has the notifications turned on, and I include whatsapp and phone in that too :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    This.

Probably the only app in my phone that has the notifications turned on, and I include whatsapp and phone in that too :lol:
    I am well aware...

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Guessing I should have posted when the new Save On opened in Trinity hills and Roasts were ~50% off. Butcher chatted with us for a while and said they were well under his cost, encouraged us to load as many in as we could. I think I ended up with 4 of them. The average 2 bone roast was $30 and the biggest I got was a giant 3 Bone for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Guessing I should have posted when the new Save On opened in Trinity hills and Roasts were ~50% off. Butcher chatted with us for a while and said they were well under his cost, encouraged us to load as many in as we could. I think I ended up with 4 of them. The average 2 bone roast was $30 and the biggest I got was a giant 3 Bone for $50.
    Exactly why I started this thread!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I been trying to get cheap pork side ribs. Costco used to sell them in the foam tray and plasric wrap but I don't see them anymore.
    A few months back, Costco was selling St Louis style ribs on sale. They were doing $15 off each package. Packages were about $25-30 each before discount. Fantastic deal. I got 2 racks in the freezer. People had 3-4 racks in their cart. Would of got more but didn't have a chest freezer yet at that time
    Last edited by dj_rice; 01-13-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Costco ribs are pretty good value at even full price. Quite meaty. Beats the shit I get from safeway.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Seems to be a recurring thing, they had the same deal when they opened both stores in Airdrie and again when they opened the one in the old Crappy Tire on 64th.

My Ride
    *The First*

I've noticed AAA Prime Rib going on sale at grocery stores for 50% off right before Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas for the last couple years. I still have a couple in the freezer!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    A few months back, Costco was selling St Louis style ribs on sale. They were doing $15 off each package. Packages were about $25-30 each before discount. Fantastic deal. I got 2 racks in the freezer. People had 3-4 racks in their cart. Would of got more but didn't have a chest freezer yet at that time
    I think I remember seeing that, but I wanted to get the ones that wasn't vacuum packed and had the generic Costco packed trays.
    They were always good value and I miss those. I keep forgetting what is a good price for side ribs.

I know for whole chicken and other parts, anything $2/lb (common) or under (uncommon) is a buy for me.

I usually stock up on ground beef if it's $2.99/lb or less.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 01-13-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I think I remember seeing that, but I wanted to get the ones that wasn't vacuum packed and had the generic Costco packed trays.
    They were always good value and I miss those. I keep forgetting what is a good price for side ribs.

I know for whole chicken and other parts, anything $2/lb (common) or under (uncommon) is a buy for me.

I usually stock up on ground beef if it's $2.99/lb or less.
    Can I ask why specifically on a tray versus vacuum packed? I just care about how the meat is when I buy it and I have never had an issue specifically one way or the other.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    Seems to be a recurring thing, they had the same deal when they opened both stores in Airdrie and again when they opened the one in the old Crappy Tire on 64th.
    I think they do it a few times a year
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Can I ask why specifically on a tray versus vacuum packed? I just care about how the meat is when I buy it and I have never had an issue specifically one way or the other.
    I didn't find the St. Louis ribs that cheap. It was on sale but doesn't mean they were cheap. You pay a premium for those St. Louis ones.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast