Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 651 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 651 of 985 FirstFirst ... 641 650 651 652 661 ... LastLast
Results 13,001 to 13,020 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Knew it was going to happen. People from areas with extreme population density = less overall percentage of death from virii.

North America with less than 500 year history, low density native and island nations = get squashed by virii.

Bathing in the Yangtze river conditions your body to survive.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now, here we are again in 2021, same C19, same BS. I know its hard to accept, but the masses are being fucked with in a scale that is unprecedented - mainly thanks to not turning off the TV.
    I don't think we are dealing the same C19 as Asian countries that had mostly open economies are now failing hard. I think the 2 new US variant along with UK/SA/Brazil variants are changing the game again. No proof, just gut feel.

https://news.yahoo.com/taiwan-cancel...090203415.html

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Their data isn't that solid. It's worth a read, but it's not really a good differential analysis. Too many confounding factors: cultural differences, compliance to lockdowns, etc.
    Base on the numbers available at that time they can make the argument. But Sweden and Japan are now both taking more restrictive measures so you really can't say they can operate their economy safely either.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-19-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Where do you get that ER's are ghost towns? I can tell you they aren't and are overfull as ever with ambulances waiting countless hours to offload.
    It can't just be luck that everyone going into an ER, including myself, have just had the most amazing luck in the world and showed up when it is empty. When in the paste it has always been a 4 hour wait. I know you are at ER's a lot more frequent than general public, but it is strange that you have such a polar opposite experience of everyone else.

I'm not saying its a bad paper, I'm saying it has limitations, and it isn't the smoking gun you think it is.
    All data has limitations. However one certainty we know is that the powers that be have chosen guaranteed massive damage to economy and citizens health, in an attempt to circumvent a low risk unknown effect on the healthcare system. It was the wrong decision based on the data. Selfishness and ignorance is the only reason a person could say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Doesn't sound like something you should be giving a kid.
    Is that like a Rural Reacharound, or, more like a Saskatchewan Steamer?
    *Asking for SKR.
    Hold the peanut butter, extra cock.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    All data has limitations. However one certainty we know is that the powers that be have chosen guaranteed massive damage to economy and citizens health, in an attempt to circumvent a low risk unknown effect on the healthcare system. It was the wrong decision based on the data. Selfishness and ignorance is the only reason a person could say otherwise.

Very good interview with someone that understands the multiple facets required in an effective response. It's a shame that credible and experienced individuals like this aren't heard more and silenced because they aren't political appointed experts.

“But what happened in the middle of March when Covid-19 appeared on our shores after wreaking havoc in China, Italy, Spain and France? Governments took every plan they’d ever written and threw them all out the window. No one followed the process. They panicked, put the doctors in change and hid for three months. And now, having made that mistake, we can’t get out of it.”

https://c2cjournal.ca/2020/12/every-...th-confidence/
    Last edited by jutes; 01-19-2021 at 10:57 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Do you guys think BC is going to implement some sort of travel restriction on the rest of Canada? Im hoping not - was really looking forward to doing the WCT although no idea if the national park is going to open up.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Do you guys think BC is going to implement some sort of travel restriction on the rest of Canada? Im hoping not - was really looking forward to doing the WCT although no idea if the national park is going to open up.
    I dont think they have that right, without special permission from Ottawa - to setup checkpoints at the borders like that. I recall Horgan mentioning something to that effect.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    BC’s positivity rate continues to climb so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do more than talk at this point.

Feels like Alberta is somehow an outlier in dropping cases and positivity rates compared to the rest of Canada. Not sure if it’s legit or people with symptoms not going to get tested or what. Or maybe it’s the warm weather we’ve been getting.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I dont think they have that right, without special permission from Ottawa - to setup checkpoints at the borders like that. I recall Horgan mentioning something to that effect.
    Did Ottawa give the maritimes permission?
    Last edited by killramos; 01-19-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    BC’s positivity rate continues to climb so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do more than talk at this point.

Feels like Alberta is somehow an outlier in dropping cases and positivity rates compared to the rest of Canada. Not sure if it’s legit or people with symptoms not going to get tested or what. Or maybe it’s the warm weather we’ve been getting.
    Unless I'm mistaken AB also restricted the most in the weeks leading into Christmas. Ontario waited until Christmas itself, BC restricted gatherings a week after New Years, Quebec is just a mess always and did their curfew a week after New Years.

It's almost like AB actually did what should've been done, as hard as it is to accept, and limited the holiday spread whereas all the other provinces are now feeling the effects.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Did Ottawa give the maritimes permission?
    Right now the territories, QC and some of the Atlantic provinces have restrictions, but you can always articulate reason to go - unlike the international border where documentation is required.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Right now the territories, QC and some of the Atlantic provinces have restrictions, but you can always articulate reason to go - unlike the international border where documentation is required.
    I think there's a beyond member who owns property on PEI and was not able to find any method of crossing that border into the atlantic bubble. Was that @ThePenIsMightier or someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

PEI was a hard no to visits yea.

ID proving residence or you got turned away. Harder to get into PEI than the US.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride

I dont quite follow - to get into QC you can articulate visiting a dying family member for eg. and I thought they were much more restrictive over there in QC with their curfew now in place.

My Ride
    *The First*

I own property in PEI and it was a complex ordeal to get there, but we did it. I continue to feel very strongly that provinces banning travel of Canadian citizens within Canada should be illegal. I suspect it may actually be, but Ontario elected Trudeau instead of a leader, so here we are. It's particularly silly when I can go to the airport and watch planes full of people from other countries spill into our streets with nothing more than a promise "Yah OK, Buddy - yah" that they will isolate for 14 days while they get into... buses and cabs!

But, yes, we went to PEI in summer 2020 and we had to apply for permission to go and were only granted "permission" because we owned property and were able to demonstrate a complex plan for our mandatory isolation and confirmed people on the ground in PEI who would confirm they will help us get food and make sure our water was potable before we got there and etc. The government rep nurses called to check on us, daily and even after a confirmed negative test on Day-10, we still had to isolate.
    It was fucking ridiculous.
    Meanwhile, the island was flooded with Quebecers using a loophole to say they were "in transit" to Magdalen Islands which is in Quebec, but only accessible from a ferry in PEI. Also meanwhile the Atlantic Bubble was a farce because the largest province with the largest city (Halifax) was still allowing all Canadians to come, but somehow that didn't affect the bubble.

New Brunswick was the same level of insane as PEI.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 01-19-2021 at 02:41 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    It's almost like AB actually did what should've been done, as hard as it is to accept, and limited the holiday spread whereas all the other provinces are now feeling the effects.
    Exactly. People who keep saying lock down doesn't work, we have already been proven in this province twice in 2020 that it does with numbers to back it up.

It's people who didn't lock down who are panicking and paying for it now.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-19-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    It can't just be luck that everyone going into an ER, including myself, have just had the most amazing luck in the world and showed up when it is empty. When in the paste it has always been a 4 hour wait. I know you are at ER's a lot more frequent than general public, but it is strange that you have such a polar opposite experience of everyone else.
    I might be mistaken on this, but in my admittedly limited understanding it is certain ER's that receive the majority of covid cases as people and ambulances are directed to those facilities based on whatever protocols and special shit they have in place to deal with it, so while some ER's are not overwhelmed even remotely, others are stacked hard.

This is just conversations I have had with clients and friends who are nurses/doctors etc and I have no documents to back this up.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I suspect it may actually be, but Ontario elected Trudeau instead of a leader, so here we are. It's particularly silly when I can go to the airport and watch planes full of people from other countries spill into our streets with nothing more than a promise "Yah OK, Buddy - yah" that they will isolate for 14 days while they get into... buses and cabs!
    It will be illegal if PEI is actually economically relevant.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Nearly 1,000 fewer active covid cases today than yesterday, my favorite pet metric to watch. Almost a 10% decrease in active cases overnight seems like a good sign to me.

fact.

My Ride
    ute

I'm trying to think of something that matters to me less than PEI.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Exactly. People who keep saying lock down doesn't work, we have already been proven in this province twice in 2020 that it does with numbers to back it up.

It's people who didn't lock down who are panicking and paying for it now.
    Again, you're still approaching this from a position of conjecture. You're using your own idea of what the actual goal is, and then applying that to whether lockdowns work or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to think of something that matters to me less than PEI.

Nope.
    Easy. Nfld

Page 651 of 985 FirstFirst ... 641 650 651 652 661 ... LastLast