Quantcast
2021 Camping MEGA THREAD - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Camping MEGA THREAD

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Gull Lake is great if you have little kids. The water is so shallow for so long that you can relax and not have to be right next to them all the time. We used to go a lot when our kids were younger. Still enjoy it sometimes for a quick weekend trip as the campground is nice and clean and it is close (for those of us in Edmonton).

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gull Lake is great if you have little kids. The water is so shallow for so long that you can relax and not have to be right next to them all the time. We used to go a lot when our kids were younger. Still enjoy it sometimes for a quick weekend trip as the campground is nice and clean and it is close (for those of us in Edmonton).
    Any guesses or rumors about what BC is going to do with provincial campgrounds this year? I would really like a couple weeks along arrow lake.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Any guesses or rumors about what BC is going to do with provincial campgrounds this year? I would really like a couple weeks along arrow lake.
    You know it'll be the same as last summer. Nothing has changed.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    You know it'll be the same as last summer. Nothing has changed.
    This is frown.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Hoping to get at least 4 weekends this year, love sibbald so trying to find out what date we can start reserving. So far it only looks like I can book into early may.

I like interlakes but it is a bitch to get there and was crazy busy last year, almost 2 hours 1 way for a weekend suuuucks.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Nordegg? Never been, been invited, and wondering if it's worth it. Any must dos in or around the area?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There is a little inn there with solid pie.

That’s all I got.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
    Nordegg? Never been, been invited, and wondering if it's worth it. Any must dos in or around the area?
    Some really nice hiking up on the David Thompson and nice weather.. getting hammered by random campers however

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Anyone used RVEzy or Outdoorsy?

We want to get some camping in this year, but I'm not sure we'll be in the position to buy our own trailer until next year...unless the borders and flights all open up and the panic buyers fire sale all the RVs they bought LOL

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post

We want to get some camping in this year, but I'm not sure we'll be in the position to buy our own trailer until next year...unless the borders and flights all open up and the panic buyers fire sale all the RVs they bought LOL
    I signed up for both apps last year to take a look, but i found that it was cheaper in the end to get something from Cruise Canada or Canadream. That said, last year was an anomaly without the big influx of international travellers, so they were heavily discounted. Not sure how it's going to be this year but definitely shop around with those companies as they may end up being cheaper and less hassle than renting from someone thru Outdoorsy.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

RV rentals seem expensive, until you realize how expensive ownership is! For a family that does one larger trip per year, renting is the right way to go.

I drive past "Escape. Campervans" all the time and they seem neat.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post

A friend of a friend has used Outdoorsy for an annual campout. He has nothing but good to say about it. Last year we got to the campground fairly early for August long weekend (11am), and the trailer was already there and setup for them.

How many days does AB Parks release at a time? I think i remember from last year they release 90 days in advance, but is it literally 1 day at a time or do they do batches of a week?

For example lets say i want a prime spot at a busy campground, and i want to reserve Thursday June 17 - Sunday June 20. Do i have to login 90 days before June 17 and then every day for the next 4 days and do 1 day at a time? Or do they release the whole week of Jun 14-June 20 at once meaning i can book all 4 days at once starting 90 days before June 14?

Would really suck if i have to do one day at a time, especially since there's like a $12 fee. So you'd end up paying $48 in reservation fees for a single 4 day in a row booking?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

no that's not how it works. They release 1 day at a time, BUT it's based on day of arrival. So you can book up to 14 days in a row on that day of arrival.

ahh that makes more sense. I want to do Bow Valley again in the E loop so going to plan better this year and reserve right when they are released.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bow Valley Loop E is pretty nice. Been there a few times. You will find that arriving on a Friday is difficult, because some people book for a Thursday arrival, even though they have no intention of arriving on that Thursday. Those people are bad, but they do seem to have better luck getting the sites they want.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Bow Valley Loop E is pretty nice. Been there a few times. You will find that arriving on a Friday is difficult, because some people book for a Thursday arrival, even though they have no intention of arriving on that Thursday. Those people are bad, but they do seem to have better luck getting the sites they want.
    A definite flaw in the system, as long as they get there by 2 pm the next day they're technically not forfeiting their site. Whats more annoying is campgrounds that are fully booked, and then 3/4 empty. Seemed a trend last year, hopefully better this year

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    A definite flaw in the system, as long as they get there by 2 pm the next day they're technically not forfeiting their site. Whats more annoying is campgrounds that are fully booked, and then 3/4 empty. Seemed a trend last year, hopefully better this year
    I do this every year. The extra night paid for is the cost of doing business in a broken system. Its almost the only way to get anything these days.

How about this scenario:

Say i reaaaaaaaaallllly want Thursday June 17 - Sunday June 20 in a high demand spot such as E Loop Bow Valley. In theory could someone book 14 nights starting from June 6 to June 20 (90 days before June 6), then when it gets closer to June 1, change your 14 day booking to start June 17 instead of June 6 and only be 4 nights? You would be refunded the 10 days, pay a change fee, but still end up with what you originally wanted?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Technically allowed, however they have the right to cancel you outright for 'sliding' or 'overbooking'. By no means is this a new idea and they definitely cracked down on it in BC so wouldnt be surprised if they do the same here soon.

it's also a cunt move as you take up a potential spot for the two weeks up to it
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 02-16-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast