Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 671 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 671 of 985 FirstFirst ... 661 670 671 672 681 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,420 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you think is the solution to starvation?
    The $80billion we spent on CERB could’ve gone towards food pre-Covid. Providing money to feed starving black people in Africa won’t get you too many votes though. Lives matter, but only the ones who can elect you back into your cushy office.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Tldr?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Tldr?
    Exhaust Port

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Exhaust Port
    So protect your anus from Covid?

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You are the only person making this an us versus you issue, but it sounds like you have issues with the nature and sacrifices of your job.

Don’t make that everyone else’s problem.
    Yes, it has been hard on me, but again that's mostly because of the steep increase in workload and helplessness with streaking across the city for high acuity calls because there isn't anyone else available, in instances where time is a factor. That isn't the nature of my job, and that has nothing to do with sacrifices. We are helpers and we want to do the best job we can, and be the most effective we can. COVID measures change how we do some things, many of which are critical interventions, in the interest of safety to us and the hospital system. That means withholding some very necessary treatments and procedures, because they're deemed to be high risk to everyone aside from the patient, even though they may be a life or death measure for some people. That's hard on me, knowing I can be doing things but withholding because of this entire situation.

This is why I want to see measures through, this is why I get upset when people want to play the live and let live game, because the longer we stretch this out, the longer I'm making decisions on avoiding treatment for people. I'm unsure if I can convey the internal conflict that causes effectively enough, or if I'm just going to get called out for whining by the usual suspects.

People calling this stuff out being not a big deal or being unaware of the influence this stuff has beyond their bubble is frustrating.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    So protect your anus from Covid?
    Name:  Screenshot_20210216-184013_Meme Generator Free.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  84.0 KB

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I’m really hoping that the province uses some sense and puts a priority system in place that uses age as the driver, similar to what BC is doing. The data shows the older population is more at risk of severe effects and death and that’s what should be addressed and prevented, none of this trying to one up each other when it comes to who “needs” it more that the various unions and groups are engaging in
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Using age as a method of prioritization is no better than just listening to the unions. There is not ANY method of prioritizing vaccinations that doesn't have absurd consequences.

The government messaging has been pretty consistent that we are trying to protect the health care system, not reduce individual deaths. An economist could probably figure out which method costs the government the least over the long term. I'm still shocked the federales didn't put in an emergency inheritance tax to coincide with the relaxation of restrictions and subsequent bump in seniors deaths. Maybe they still will.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 02-16-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Using age as a method of prioritization is no better than just listening to the unions. There is not ANY method of prioritizing vaccinations that doesn't have absurd consequences.

The government messaging has been pretty consistent that we are trying to protect the health care system, not reduce individual deaths. An economist could probably figure out which method costs the government the least over the long term. I'm still shocked the federales didn't put in an emergency inheritance tax to coincide with the relaxation of restrictions and subsequent bump in seniors deaths. Maybe they still will.
    And by prioritizing populations in decreasing order of age once phase 1 is done, that’s accomplished. The older you are, the more likely you are to wind up in hospital if you get sick. Higher number of older people vaccinated equals less hospitalizations. This approach also hits a wider range of locations, instead of just targeting specific places like so many groups seem to want
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    And by prioritizing populations in decreasing order of age once phase 1 is done, that’s accomplished. The older you are, the more likely you are to wind up in hospital if you get sick. Higher number of older people vaccinated equals less hospitalizations. This approach also hits a wider range of locations, instead of just targeting specific places like so many groups seem to want
    This seems reasonable. It won't be perfect, but the roll out thus far has been a bit shab.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm not arguing in favor of any alternative method of prioritization. I'm arguing that any long term shortage will create absurd tradeoffs.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    The $80billion we spent on CERB could’ve gone towards food pre-Covid. Providing money to feed starving black people in Africa won’t get you too many votes though. Lives matter, but only the ones who can elect you back into your cushy office.
    That’s the answer I expected. The typical Western answer for everything wrong in the world—just throw money at it. It gives the appearance of helping and placates the Western conscience; two birds with one stone. It is unfortunate, though, that most money given to help poorer nations for things such as food rarely does what Westerners gave it for. Corrupt governments and governments without a plan mean the majority of that money doesn’t actually help the people it is intended to help.

If you’re even half as concerned about all those people starving as you appear to be, you would be boots on the ground somewhere in Africa or Yemen, figuring out practical ways to get aid to those who need it, teaching the poor some skills, advocating on behalf of the poor, or any number of practical things. Until then, you have no argument.

What’s worse, doing nothing because one doesn’t know how to help or giving money so one’s conscience is eased without having to get one’s hands dirty?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    As has been know since the start, age isn’t the only factor.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

As has been know since the start, age isn’t the only factor.
    For hospitalization it is the main factor (trigger warning: charts inside)

Name:  9F5B8FB2-7C96-4FFD-A571-EC7ACC545734.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  54.7 KB

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...-cases.html#a7
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I mean, eating food is a pretty good start.
    Mind blown!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Mind blown!
    I’m full of all kinds of neat facts!
    You should follow me on onlyfans

Anything against the narrative gets taken down by Big Tech like Dr. Drew on Youtube. Even the opinions of a Medically trained doctor similar to all the Doctors from the 2 two Doctors in California who were shut down talking about the lockdowns or all the Doctors from Americas Front Line Summit who got Millions of views back in the summer before they got shut down across all platforms on the same day.

As the Left says to listen to the Science, yet they'll be censoring those that go against Master Fauci, while they allow non medical professionals to freely say what they want
    https://noqreport.com/2021/02/15/dr-...ith-your-life/

Or maybe they will only allow the Elite Masters like Zuckerberg speak what he want when he expressed caution of the experimental vaccines

My Ride
    Nissan x2

That’s the answer I expected. The typical Western answer for everything wrong in the world—just throw money at it.
    You seem to misunderstand. We didn’t care that 9 million people were dying yearly (only to grow higher) for something relatively simple like lack of food. We decimated our economies over something that has a fractional chance of killing you. Don’t you see the discrepancies and hypocrisy? Why all of a sudden do we care about people dying? Are hospitals and staff that unable to cope with overcapacity that we need to shutdown our society to shelter them from making hard decisions?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    You seem to misunderstand. We didn’t care that 9 million people were dying yearly (only to grow higher) for something relatively simple like lack of food. We decimated our economies over something that has a fractional chance of killing you. Don’t you see the discrepancies and hypocrisy? Why all of a sudden do we care about people dying? Are hospitals and staff that unable to cope with overcapacity that we need to shutdown our society to shelter them from making hard decisions?
    It's not that we didn't care but it's more like it's not our problem. Most African countries has corrupted governments and aids of any kind will only go to fat cats on the top.

The few that has managed or be managed properly has seen very good result:
    https://www.worldbank.org/en/country...pia/overview#1

A friend of mine has been thru Africa in the 90 is various Canadian gov initiatives to "help". It's not helping them one bit because the people and government are not set up to keep what they are given. Whatever infrastructure you set up, it'll be gone in weeks/months/years and people and militia strips it.

The key to get people out of trouble is the people to understand what happens when a government destabilizes and unable to enforce shit.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-17-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    Or maybe they will only allow the Elite Masters like Zuckerberg speak what he want when he expressed caution of the experimental vaccines
    Holy shit, a guy changed his mind over the course of a few months after learning more about a topic and speaking to an expert in that field! what kind of world do we live in where people can just change their mind after gaining a deeper understanding of how things work. so fucked!!!!!!

Page 671 of 985 FirstFirst ... 661 670 671 672 681 ... LastLast