Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 38 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 38 of 365 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And what anti-vax view have I displayed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Nobody has made an intelligent case FOR the vaccine.
    lol

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Being an anti-vaxxer is dumb.

Claiming to be 'pro-vax', consistently going on about the negative aspects of restrictions, but not caring about/not being in a rush to get a vaccine is truly something special to behold.
    The term "anti-vaxxer" is a red herring.

You are either vaccinating yourself or you are not. Quibbling over how people feel about the subject is irrevelevant.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The term "anti-vaxxer" is a red herring.

You are either vaccinating yourself or you are not. Quibbling over how people feel about the subject is irrevelevant.
    I feel like antivax is for a special category of stupid people who try to stop other people (children in particular) from receiving vaccinations.

I really could care less what people choose to put in their own bodies.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I feel like antivax is for a special category of stupid people who try to stop other people (children in particular) from receiving vaccinations.

I really could care less what people choose to put in their own bodies.
    Oh, I don't CARE. Don't mistake my judging people for caring.

I can have no care, but still think people sound dumb.

Herd immunity requires a necessary % of people getting vaccinated. To not care what people do with vaccinations is to not care about the economy.

My Ride
    ute

Herd immunity requires a necessary % of people getting vaccinated. To not care what people do with vaccinations is to not care about the economy.
    I mean on an individual level. I don't care if people who don't vaccinate die. I care if we have sufficient people who get vaccinated - hence the shaming.

With only a few exceptions, "herd immunity" is not reached by vaccination. The vaccine protects the individual.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Herd immunity already exists without a vaccine, it’s called an immune system. Our fragile, anti-depressant dependent, pill popping population can’t handle dead seniors in LTC homes. Vaccinate all the 70+ in Canada and let the rest of society open up. You need to be incredibly naive to think mass immunization will be enough for this lunacy to end. There will always be another excuse, another strain, another overblown modelling projection for lockdowns and restrictions.

UK Government Releases Shocking Report On COVID Vaccine Side Effects

"...the rise in vaccines administered came a rise in adverse reactions with 49,472 reported reactions to the Pfizer vaccine and 21,032 reactions to the Oxford / Astrazeneca vaccine. For both vaccines this equates to 1 in every 333 people suffering an adverse reaction. This rate could actually be higher as some cases may have not been reported to the Yellow Card Scheme."

"...Thanks to the Pfizer vaccine, which uses MRNA technology to instruct human cells to carry out “a certain task” 5 people are now blind and a further 31 have had their vision impaired. .."

"...The Yellow Card Scheme has received 59 reports of death and 7 reports of sudden death due to the Pfizer vaccine..."

"...But the overall number of “Fatal Outcome” reports, aka “Deaths” due to the Pfizer vaccine as of the 24th January is 107. So that’s 5 people who are now blind, 21 who have suffered a stroke, 4 who have suffered a miscarriage even after the government advising, all be it in the small print, that pregnant women avoid the “jab”, and 107 who have sadly passed away, all as a result of receiving an experimental, emergency approved vaccine of which the manufacturers have absolutely zero liability in being held to account or compensating any adverse reactions...."

"... the Yellow Card Scheme received 69 reports of Bells Palsy due to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. Bell’s palsy is a condition that causes weakness or paralysis of the muscles in one side of the face. It is the most common cause of facial paralysis...."

https://principia-scientific.com/uk-...-side-effects/

I'm not on the conspiracy train, and feel the vaccines are likely pretty safe. Just have to point that out around here before saying anything. But I do find the mental gymastics of some people to be funny. The same people that were going full Karen early on "COVID IS KILLING GRANDMA, STAY HOME AND LOCKDOWN NO MATTER WHAT, OLD PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DIE" Are the same people who are now looking at the vaccine roll out and when a few old people die due to cytokine storm or whatever from the vaccine, are now saying "Oh that is perfectly normal, they were old and could have died at any time anyway."

A Doctor's View on the new mRNA vaccine

"I’ve always been a proponent of older, more established vaccines. However, they are imperfect and, like all medical treatments, can have side effects. Unfortunately, in the conversation about the new COVID-19 vaccines, the tenets of honesty and a willingness to admit ignorance are being compromised.

Operation Warp Speed was remarkable, but it leaves an uncomfortable question: Is it a good thing to rush a vaccine (or medicine) to the public without the usual safeguards? Operation Warp Speed might be a great business objective or military goal, but is it great for a medical treatment?

The pharmaceutical industry, government health authorities, and the media insist the new vaccines are safe and effective. While the initial results are promising, this is not the whole truth. Both honesty and acknowledging ignorance require answering a few questions.... "

Summary
    "Medicine is always about a risk/benefit analysis, subject to the first maxim of “do no harm.” Usually, new medicines or new vaccines are used only after multiple studies show over long periods of time (for vaccines, at least five years) prove they’re safe and better than the older treatments.

While the new mRNA vaccines have good initial results and may be a breakthrough, they should be viewed as experimental and would best be used in high-risk patients (older patients or those with health conditions raising COVID-19 mortality) until we know more. Patients should receive extensive informed consent to understand the risks and benefits. Patients also need to know that if they have a serious complication, Congress already protected the pharmaceutical companies from litigation around emergency vaccines.

The mantra of “safe and effective” is not only incomplete, but it also ignores other pathways out of the pandemic. For healthy people, early outpatient treatments are being developed to treat COVID-19. These would be a safer option than taking an experimental vaccine. Young people (<60 years old) who have very low mortality from COVID-19 should approach getting the new vaccine as if they were consenting to be in an experimental trial of a new vaccine.

Our history shows there are good reasons why new medicines and vaccines are not rushed into widespread use until we have multiple studies and time to assess the safety and efficacy of the new treatments. If the death rate from COVID-19 were much higher, it might make the risks acceptable to try an experimental vaccine. Given that the COVID-19 death rate is a little higher than a bad flu, my opinion is that younger and healthier people need a more rigorous risk/benefit analysis before taking the mRNA vaccines."

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._vaccines.html

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Herd immunity already exists without a vaccine, itÂ’s called an immune system. Our fragile, anti-depressant dependent, pill popping population canÂ’t handle dead seniors in LTC homes. Vaccinate all the 70+ in Canada and let the rest of society open up. You need to be incredibly naive to think mass immunization will be enough for this lunacy to end. There will always be another excuse, another strain, another overblown modelling projection for lockdowns and restrictions.
    The likelihood of another strain increases with low immunization and opening up. Less infection, less spread, lower incidence of mutations. The 'natural herd immunity' approach failed.

My Ride
    ute

website crashed. makes sense.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

IS this gonna be like black friday when it opens tomorrow? Website crashing and whatnot?
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I assume so. Happens to every Alberta government website.
    Hah, called it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Why doesn't everyone just get Amazon to do the back end for these types of things?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Why doesn't everyone just get Amazon to do the back end for these types of things?
    They don't pay Union dues.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

IS this gonna be like black friday when it opens tomorrow? Website crashing and whatnot?
    I assume so. Happens to every Alberta government website.
    Need union jobs.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Need union jobs.
    Your reply was.........ExtraSlow.

Name:  gettyimages-724937731-2000.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  49.0 KB
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

website crashed. makes sense.
    Got through the first 3-4 questions but then "Our Apologies". fail.

(trying to book an appt for my pops)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Your reply was.........ExtraSlow.

Name:  gettyimages-724937731-2000.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  49.0 KB
    YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH..... ya know.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Data Sovereignty?

https://education.alberta.ca/media/3...lkit-final.pdf

Privacy legislation does not prohibit school authorities from using cloud service providers that are
    located outside of Canada. However, it can be more difficult to ensure compliance with privacy
    legislation, as these service providers are not subject to Canadian privacy laws.
    That said, they can probably get away with slapping those instance in Toronto and Montreal to stay within the border.

My guess is they are being cheap and don't want to pay the bottomless price of handling the surge.

Page 38 of 365 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast