Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 41 of 365 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not only that, AHS is planning on laying off some 11,000 positions in our province - in the middle of a 'pandemic' - and then the UCP have the audacity to claim that patients in ICU is some kind of metric to go by in terms of how long the province should stay crippled.

The fact they are even discussing healthcare layoffs, during the 'supposed' time of most 'stress' on the system, tells you whats really going on. If this was a real pandemic, they would be on a hiring spree - not layoffs.

For the record, they are planning on privatizing many of the services, but hundreds of front line staff will still be affected. 11,000 public jobs =/= 11,000 private jobs created.
    Not all healthcare staff are patient care roles, or ICU. Of the roughly 110K employees they span countless different disciplines. Also keep in mind they were wanting to privatize lab services which is *shocking* 11,800 employees.

I do not support this action by the province, and I'm not defending it, but your attempt to correlate these is incorrect.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    You're going to post conspiracy website links? I hope you donated to support their "ongoing work to expose COVID 19 lies". Fuck even the comment section reads like a whackjob facebook group
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    You're going to post conspiracy website links? I hope you donated to support their "ongoing work to expose COVID 19 lies". Fuck even the comment section reads like a whackjob facebook group
    you do know that is a troll account that is probably an alt of a regular here, right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    you do know that is a troll account that is probably an alt of a regular here, right?
    You aren’t supposed to dox your own troll account. Rookie mistake.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I feel like this is a lot bigger hint than anyone realizes.........but don't worry Clark, your secret is safe with me.

EDIT - Killramos knows, and he's not extraslow on the draw today.....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You aren’t supposed to dox your own troll account. Rookie mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I feel like this is a lot bigger hint than anyone realizes.........but don't worry Clark, your secret is safe with me.

EDIT - Killramos knows, and he's not extraslow on the draw today.....
    I wish I could take credit for that account. But I can't make myself sound that dumb, even on purpose.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I wish I could take credit for that account. But I can't make myself sound that dumb, even on purpose.
    I could tutor you.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Health Canada has approved the Astra Zeneca vaccine for use.

Canada’s AZ supply is coming from the US so it’s not certain how the production delays that caused the drop in the EU delivery schedule but even with their model and reduced deliveries it would still mean potentially more than 20M people have at least one dose by the end of June and ~12M of those being fully vaccinated. If our delivery schedule doesn’t change and/or Johnson and Johnson gets approved with a couple million doses coming in Q2, we’re looking at a real possibility of basically everyone over 25 having at least a dose by the summer with the 40+ population having second doses.

So some optimism to kick off the weekend.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'll take that optimism.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Health Canada has approved the Astra Zeneca vaccine for use.

Canada’s AZ supply is coming from the US so it’s not certain how the production delays that caused the drop in the EU delivery schedule but even with their model and reduced deliveries it would still mean potentially more than 20M people have at least one dose by the end of June and ~12M of those being fully vaccinated. If our delivery schedule doesn’t change and/or Johnson and Johnson gets approved with a couple million doses coming in Q2, we’re looking at a real possibility of basically everyone over 25 having at least a dose by the summer with the 40+ population having second doses.

So some optimism to kick off the weekend.
    When did they release the delivery timelines for AZ and J&J? I was under the impression that nothing had been released for AZ since it was just approved yesterday and they can't even start planning for J&J since it's not approved and the US has a contract for 100 million doses by June

40+ with two shots and 25+ with one would require about 36 million doses with 75% uptake, with is probably low based on the last poll that I saw
    Last edited by FraserB; 02-26-2021 at 09:02 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  cf1c4531e2af09ea7965b21c3ce585c6.gif
Views: 379
Size:  924.1 KB
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

To answer the question of the thread name... Apparently the head of CPP
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    When did they release the delivery timelines for AZ and J&J? I was under the impression that nothing had been released for AZ since it was just approved yesterday and they can't even start planning for J&J since it's not approved and the US has a contract for 100 million doses by June

40+ with two shots and 25+ with one would require about 36 million doses with 75% uptake, with is probably low based on the last poll that I saw
    I guess there should be a * for predicted delivery schedule from the Feb 3 announcement: 1.1M from COVAX and 3.2M total by the end of June, but that was through a different supply line.

J&J is just the optimistic thought that if it gets approved sometime in the next six weeks we’d be looking at a couple million doses over he subsequent ten based on the volume the US is looking at.

19M people getting doses** from Pfizer+Moderna, +3M AZ + bonus is a good way to get into July

**the number of people getting doses will vary depending on second dose schedule; 14.5M with two and 10M with two + 9M with one represent the same number of doses for example

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Those numbers are vastly different........What a stretch

- - - Updated - - -

This is also, grossly untrue. Thousands of health care staff were redeployed from their regular units, to ICU or COVID units. The healthcare worker groups were full of posts and questions from people who were being sent to work in units outside their specialty, on different sites, some from non acute to ICU. Just because it wasn't reported directly to you, doesn't mean it wasn't happening. Because it was.
    The lack of understanding of anything beyond 6th grade math, across the entire population, is fucking insane. I tried explaining the difference between clinical significance and statistical significance to some guys who feel oppressed because they can't use the N word with a hard R anymore; I was classified as a snowlib flaketard or something.

They really can't understand the cascading effects of a resource demand across an entire system for one issue.

Then "how come there's no cars in the parking lot"
    -Because the hospitals were closed to visitors

Then "but my buddy didn't see anyone in the ICU when he got Xrayed"
    -Because your buddy didn't even see the ICU if he was there for DI.

Then "why do we care, the flu kills more people than this"
    -Only if you're counting deaths from the United States

and "Magically the flu is gone!"
    -Nobody anywhere has said that other than dudes who don't spread their cheeks when they shower.

It must be a tough life for some people when their desire to fit in with such unintelligent friend groups exceeds their desire to act responsibly.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

So with the AZ vaccine claiming a 66% efficiency, how do they determine who gets shorted the extra 22% and takes that AZ vaccine instead of Moderna or the like?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I could tutor you.
    naw man, you're a smart dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    The lack of understanding of anything beyond 6th grade math, across the entire population, is fucking insane. I tried explaining the difference between clinical significance and statistical significance to some guys who feel oppressed because they can't use the N word with a hard R anymore; I was classified as a snowlib flaketard or something.

They really can't understand the cascading effects of a resource demand across an entire system for one issue.

Then "how come there's no cars in the parking lot"
    -Because the hospitals were closed to visitors

Then "but my buddy didn't see anyone in the ICU when he got Xrayed"
    -Because your buddy didn't even see the ICU if he was there for DI.

Then "why do we care, the flu kills more people than this"
    -Only if you're counting deaths from the United States

and "Magically the flu is gone!"
    -Nobody anywhere has said that other than dudes who don't spread their cheeks when they shower.

It must be a tough life for some people when their desire to fit in with such unintelligent friend groups exceeds their desire to act responsibly.
    you need to post more.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Acting responsibly also applies to every individual beyond Covid restrictions. Reducing strain on healthcare means being a responsible person in everyday life. Don’t smoke, eat healthy, limit alcohol use and get off your fucking ass and exercise. With the sheer amount of shamus wobbling about, it’s only going to get worse with people forced to stay home, Covid is going to be the least of our worries.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I pulled 75000 out of thin air, I know it's not that actual number. Might as well be 75MM, it was hyperbole.

Seems like you can't decide if you are for or against vaccination centers being spread out. At first it was bad when we were talking about Canada, now it's good they're spread out in the UK? Frankly, I think it's irrelevant. I was talking about number of vaccination locations on a per capita basis, and in a country like Canada it stands to reason you need to have more per capita to cover the wide geography. That's the basis for my argument.

But, as a dozen other people mentioned (this is also hyperbole, there probably wasn't actually 12 other people that said this ), that whole aspect is not relevant to the issues we're having, and probably won't ever be. Supply < Demand.
    On your first point. Its not that im for or against vaccination centres being spread out. I think you are right Canada will need more as geographically we are spread.
    With the population density of the UK and more access to local resources. Its a different kettle of fish. To give a example. On the 2nd of Feb there were 1500 Vaccination centres in the UK. (Source BBC)
    So there are 5.4 million people are over age 75. So 3375 people need to be vaccinated across those centres in the first stage which has been done. Thats how they did it so quick. I am sure Canada will be able to do this too, if not even better.

On your second point. You are right. I think I should own it, I backtrack and rescind my position. I feel I should apologies to you, the others on this sub I was discussing with (and anyone reading) for my dumb ass post on this topic.
    After re-reading what I wrote, Even Im like wtf. I think I was just venting blindly. Ive posted on other sub about my sibling passing and I think its sent me to a dark place where im not quite coherent of my reality. I guess it was just more venting. I apologise.

Anyhoo. Carry on with the thread.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

naw man, you're a smart dude.

- - - Updated - - -

you need to post more.
    I get my dopamine from arguing on the internet. I don't know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Acting responsibly also applies to every individual beyond Covid restrictions. Reducing strain on healthcare means being a responsible person in everyday life. Don’t smoke, eat healthy, limit alcohol use and get off your fucking ass and exercise. With the sheer amount of shamus wobbling about, it’s only going to get worse with people forced to stay home, Covid is going to be the least of our worries.
    I don't know what shamus wobbling means, but I think our policy approach to this at the beginning was a miserable failure.

We could have shut everything for a month and had a much easier time dealing with this. It would have required compliance and a process tree that included securing vaccinations in a timely manner. Leave borders closed, and focus resources on rapid testing - in a dream world. I've avoided nonessential travel and socializing this entire time. I'm no more miserable now than I was a year ago; just got better at the drums.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I don't know what shamus wobbling means, but I think our policy approach to this at the beginning was a miserable failure
    Free Willy much?

When border closures were suggested back in Feb it was deemed racist, remember?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/...-say-1.4811701

Canada’s “top” politically appointed doctor has likely killed thousands of Canadians due to incompetence.

Page 41 of 365 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast