Quantcast
2021 f1 - Page 68 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1917

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    This and that.

Those look great. I ordered a few F1 canvass art for my garage as well.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

I've been eyeballing those 3D printed track layouts for a while. Pretty neat but don't really suit my decor I guess.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been eyeballing those 3D printed track layouts for a while. Pretty neat but don't really suit my decor I guess.
    Those would look great in a painted garage. Wonder where to get them from, doesn't seem to be any indication on that link.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Those would look great in a painted garage. Wonder where to get them from, doesn't seem to be any indication on that link.
    I gotchu fam

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/9882...-6&frs=1&bes=1

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Damn. That's wicked. Actually I will put these in the F1 simulator room. Even though I haven't used the SIM since January, they'll look good in there.

My Ride
    XT6

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Thanks going to order the large set for my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    10l%. It was an excellent race if the title battle is secondary. If you only care about max vs ham, then ya it wasn’t very eventful. The race was 10x better than Mexico where literally nothing happened.

Norris pitting out of nowhere broke me. Again.
    I was hoping to hear more about this. I assume they must have saw pressure dropping in the tire already or something. They knew full well they'd lose places by pitting, so one can only assume the pit was mandatory to finish the race.

My Ride
    B8 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I was hoping to hear more about this. I assume they must have saw pressure dropping in the tire already or something. They knew full well they'd lose places by pitting, so one can only assume the pit was mandatory to finish the race.
    That's correct. It was confirmed in the commentary shortly after the checkered flag.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    That's correct. It was confirmed in the commentary shortly after the checkered flag.
    Oh gotcha. Thanks for the update. I had to go straight to bed, so shut the TV off as soon as the Ham crossed the line.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Frank Williams passed away today.

Source BBC
    Sir Frank Williams: Formula 1 team founder dies aged 79

Sir Frank Williams, founder and former team principal of the Williams Racing Formula 1 team, has died aged 79.

He built the team named after him into one of the most successful in the sport.

During his time with Williams, the team won nine constructors' championships and seven drivers' titles, and dominated much of the 1980s and 1990s.

He and daughter Claire moved away from the sport in September 2020 after selling Williams to US investors.

In a statement, the Williams team said: "It is with great sadness that on behalf of the Williams family, the team can confirm the death of Sir Frank Williams CBE, founder and former team principal of Williams Racing, at the age of 79.

"After being admitted into hospital on Friday, Sir Frank passed away peacefully this morning surrounded by his family.

"Today we pay tribute to our much loved and inspirational figurehead. Frank will be sorely missed. We request that all friends and colleagues respect the Williams family's wishes for privacy at this time."

Williams was a wheelchair user after suffering a spinal cord injury in a car crash in France in 1986.

F1 president and chief executive Stefano Domenicali paid tribute to Williams, whom he described as "a true giant of our sport".

Domenicali added: "He overcame the most difficult of challenges in life and battled every day to win on and off the track. We have lost a much loved and respected member of the F1 family and he will be hugely missed.

"His incredible achievements and personality will be etched on our sport forever. My thoughts are with all the Williams family and friends at this sad time."

The Williams team enjoyed their first F1 race win at the 1979 British Grand Prix at Silverstone with Swiss driver Clay Regazzoni at the wheel, and the following year Australian Alan Jones steered the team to the drivers' and constructors' titles for the first time.

In 1994, Williams, along with technical director Patrick Head and chief designer Adrian Newey, was charged with manslaughter in Italy following the death of driver Ayrton Senna in a crash at Imola but he was acquitted several years later.

The team have not won a title since Canadian Jacques Villeneuve's 1997 drivers' triumph, and there was an eight-year gap between Juan Pablo Montoya's victory in a Williams-BMW at the 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix and the shock win for Pastor Maldonado in Spain in 2012 - the last time a Williams took the chequered flag.

s George Russell and Nicholas Latifi also paid their respects to the former team principal.

"Sir Frank was such a genuinely wonderful human being and I'll always remember the laughs we shared," said Russell.

"He was more than a boss, he was a mentor and a friend to everybody who joined the Williams Racing family and so many others."

Canadian Latifi added: "RIP Sir Frank Williams. Such sad news. A huge loss for our sport and our team.

"It's been an honour to represent your name on the world stage and we will continue to push hard to take the team back up the grid."

Analysis

Chief F1 writer Andrew Benson

Sir Frank Williams was one of the greatest Formula 1 team owners in history and a man who became an icon through his determination to compete at the highest level despite a severe disability.

Williams did not so much love F1 as was consumed by it. Although his health prevented his active involvement in the team for the last few years, he literally lived in the factory. The team he set up was his life - as it always had been.

Obituary Link: https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/29861744

My Ride
    ute

never heard of him.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

RIP Sir Frank.

In other news, Aston Martin hired (Eric Landon) Merc's Chief Aerodynamicist.

I'd wager that by 2023 AM will be 3rd in the Constructors behind Merc/Red Bull and possibly even challenging them in some races.

I just wish Lance had a little more charisma to represent Canada. I don't think he's a bad driver but I don't think he has the aggression to be a world champ even if the AM car can compete with the #1 team.

It will be good to see Vettel podium a few more times before he retires, though.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    never heard of him.
    QFT

frank is a F1 legend !!!

RIP

My Ride
    Z

Yea agreed, Frank is a legend, RIP
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Exploded.

Jeddah looks like a tight circuit. Gonna. Be. Spicy.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Leclerc’s crash looked crazy when they showed the car in the wall, especially after Davidson said hey dangerous that turn was 10min earlier. Wheel to wheel is going to be insane dangerous at 200mph.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Leclerc’s crash looked crazy when they showed the car in the wall, especially after Davidson said hey dangerous that turn was 10min earlier. Wheel to wheel is going to be insane dangerous at 200mph.
    I love tracks like this. Punishing mistakes. Crazy that he crashed in turn 22 and parts of his car flew over the track and ended up in turn 2 lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Jeddah looks like a tight circuit. Gonna. Be. Spicy.
    I just hope they find a way to manage traffic during qualifying. It would suck if the WDC is decided because one driver is able to get a clean hot lap for P1 and the other can't.

I don't expect as much passing here as in Qatar but I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: Or the leaders being held up by backmarkers during the race. Imagine Mazepin deciding the outcome of the WDC by being in the wrong place at the wrong time...
    Last edited by davidI; 12-04-2021 at 04:39 AM.

My Ride
    ute

I hope Lewis doesn't get too rammy in this race. He could actually kill someone this time.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I hope Lewis doesn't get too rammy in this race. He could actually kill someone this time.

Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast