Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 120 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 120 of 130 FirstFirst ... 110 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2590

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Awwww who am I kidding? My wife's family are from Scotland, and my family name is too. I have great affection for the place
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Timmies sold out and was no longer Canadian owned in 2014.
    Hasn't been the same since.
    In fact it went way downhill, starting by letting their coffee bean agreement lapse. Which was quickly picked up by McDonalds.
    Last edited by vengie; 03-21-2023 at 10:12 PM.

My Ride
    Hybrid

People who got the WestJet card - How long did it to take to get the extra 200 WestJet Dollars after $5k spend? Can you use a companion voucher and WestJet Dollars for the same booking?
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You can.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    People who got the WestJet card - How long did it to take to get the extra 200 WestJet Dollars after $5k spend? Can you use a companion voucher and WestJet Dollars for the same booking?
    I got my extra $200 WJD the same day as my statement that hit the $5k spend.

My Ride
    Hybrid

That means you had to wait for a statement? or do you mean the same day that total spend on the card hit $5k?

That means you had to wait for a statement? or do you mean the same day that total spend on the card hit $5k?
    I hit the $5k spend a bit earlier in the month and didn’t see the WJD, so pretty sure it has to wait for the statement. I saw it showed the bonus amount, and I checked my WJ account same day and it was there.

Name:  3B6701A3-C950-4DF2-A9D0-970DDB1FCA42.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  173.7 KB

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I hit the $5k spend a bit earlier in the month and didn’t see the WJD, so pretty sure it has to wait for the statement. I saw it showed the bonus amount, and I checked my WJ account same day and it was there.
    Lame... itching to book something, but I won't get my statement for another week.

Thanks

In case Amex Platinum holders didn't know about this "free" Disney+ credit offer. I wasn't expecting the credit so fast.

Name:  disney.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  9.3 KB

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I'm about to hit my travel category spend limit for bonus points on my BMO World Elite. Is there another credit card that gives bonus points for booking travel stuff ( flights, hotel, car rental, etc..) without being company specific (e.g. Air Canada, Hilton, etc..)

or am I allowed to hold 2 of the same credit card? I assume any welcome bonus wont apply?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    I'm about to hit my travel category spend limit for bonus points on my BMO World Elite. Is there another credit card that gives bonus points for booking travel stuff ( flights, hotel, car rental, etc..) without being company specific (e.g. Air Canada, Hilton, etc..)

or am I allowed to hold 2 of the same credit card? I assume any welcome bonus wont apply?
    Amex Platinum for travel booking points.

If you want 2x same card, have your spouse do a new application to be a primary cardholder on a completely separate account.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

^ That

Or if you want to churn a lower yearly fee travel card compared to Amex platinum the TD First Class visa has first year fee waived and high welcome bonuses right now. Can book through Expedia for TD or any travel you want and submit a points claim to TD.

Otherwise the Scotia Passport Visa is decent as well, you get 6 lounge passes at airports, no foreign transaction fees on purchases, first year fee waived and a decent welcome bonus at the moment for points. The point accrual multipliers is kinda meh but the lounge passes pay for the card itself if you put them to use.

Depends on your personal spending habits as to what works best for each person, otherwise the higher tier Amex cards are great Cobalt, Gold, Plat.

My Ride
    V8s

TD First Class visa has all fees waived if you have a $5k min balance account with them. It's a shit card though, IMO. Comparing the rewards spend there with my Mariott points spend for a similar hotel, the Mariott points go way further (obviously this is a bit of a cherry-picked example, but the point still applies). With the TD first class, you get the flexibility of redeeming points for anything at the sacrifice of value for points. Seems obvious, but it's worth mentioning.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    TD First Class visa has all fees waived if you have a $5k min balance account with them. It's a shit card though, IMO. Comparing the rewards spend there with my Mariott points spend for a similar hotel, the Mariott points go way further (obviously this is a bit of a cherry-picked example, but the point still applies). With the TD first class, you get the flexibility of redeeming points for anything at the sacrifice of value for points. Seems obvious, but it's worth mentioning.
    The points are worth like half if used for non travel I believe?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    The points are worth like half if used for non travel I believe?
    I've never done the math, but anecdotally the travel returns are mediocre, and the non-travel returns are utter garbage.

I only have the card cause it's free.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

TD first class is worth the first year churn, much like any other travel card you have to work to hit the points multipliers but even then yeah it's just okay as far as points to $ value

Can always do a product switch to another of their cards if you bank with them to cash in the welcome bonus of said other card.

Any card is YMMV for your personal spend and preferences.

Marriot and other chain cards are of no interest to me as I don't like to stay at hotels or resorts when I go on trips/vacations so I game what works best for my personal spend to get the most points/bang for the buck.

I'm sad MBNA no longer offers the Alaska Air world elite, I was going to get it this year for my next trip to Hawaii. The American version of the card is dank as fuck for perks and no FX fees.
    Last edited by 2Legit2Quit; 03-28-2023 at 10:38 AM.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Good to know! I'll look into the TD First Class one. Amex Platinum annual fees is too high for me.

Went with BMO world elite because it has 5Xpoints on travel charges and $0.007 per point value if applied to travel, as well as 4 lounge passes. The max travel category bonus is $15K/year, so that's 75K points, or ~$525 in travel points value. Along with the 4 lounge passes and boingo pass (free wifi flight wifi) seems to make it a really good deal.

My wife signed up for the WJWE thinking we'd save with the companion passes, we just booked NYC and used 1 CP and comparing prices we only saved about $100 compared to buying 2 full fares on expedia so its not that great of a deal with the annual fee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The value of the companion pass is not when you are flexible on date and time and can shop for deals. The value is when you cannot, or when you are flying somewhere that never goes on sale. Ask those filthy East Coast Lifestyle folks. And they'll tell ya.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The value of the companion pass is not when you are flexible on date and time and can shop for deals. The value is when you cannot, or when you are flying somewhere that never goes on sale. Ask those filthy East Coast Lifestyle folks. And they'll tell ya.
    Agree. The WJ companion pass was amazing pre-covid when we had to be in Miami on a Saturday and fly back on a Sunday to go on a cruise . Those flights are usually $800+ and we save so much with the pass.

Page 120 of 130 FirstFirst ... 110 119 120 121 ... LastLast