Quantcast
Questions on new vehicle legal advice - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on new vehicle legal advice

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea what you're getting at. He named it then you asked him to name it in your next post. Perhaps I missed the point.
    When this shit was going down back in early 2015, he refused to do what was necessary that involved direct action. Naming and shaming the dealer was one of many options that was available to him - but he refused to out the dealer - nor any of the other direct steps that were recommended by others.

Unfortunately, the entire debacle is an example of what NOT to do if this type of situation happens. OP is out around 50,000$ because of this and his lack of confrontational action. There have been many threads in the past 5-10 years where owners HAVE outed the dealer for shit products (and, other direct confrontational-type action) and HAVE gotten results.
    Last edited by revelations; 12-08-2018 at 01:03 PM.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    When this shit was going down back in early 2015, he refused to do what was necessary that involved direct action. Naming and shaming the dealer was one of many options that was available to him - but he refused to out the dealer - nor any of the other direct steps that were recommended by others.

Unfortunately, the entire debacle is an example of what NOT to do if this type of situation happens. OP is out around 50,000$ because of this and his lack of action. There have been many threads in the past 5-10 years where owners HAVE outed the dealer for shit products (and, other direct confrontational-type action) and HAVE gotten results.
    In all honesty man, it was an extremely complicated/difficult situation.

In the first half of ownership, I kinda had time to take it to the dealer, try to work with GM, the GM engineer, and the dealer to try and get it fixed. And I seriously thought they would over time get it fixed. Towards the second half of the time I owned it, shit was just falling apart everywhere with the vehicle, the dealers were making new issues, damaging the vehicle, at the same time winter was starting (and the vehicle issues were interfering with me being able to work), and at the same time the sky was falling with the economy going in to recession so I was balancing running a business and dealing with the piece of sh*t Escalade at the same time...

I do a lot of driving during the day and winter started, and with the CTS-V on summer/track tires, with the brakes fucked on the Escalade, and with the amount of money I was wasting on renting cars (at this point GM Canada advised the dealer to stop providing me a loaner), I had to change something, so that's why I just dumped both vehicles after I called a bunch of lawyers. The lawyers all sounded excited, until they found out it was a new vehicle and I was dealing directly with GM Canada, at which point they wouldn't want to get involved (it was weird). They actually advised me my best bet would be to continue working with GM Canada and they would ultimately fix the issues (despite me trying to work with them for around 11 months). One said if it was a used vehicle, and I was going against a local dealership, they would be interested, but that wasn't the case as it was new, and I was dealing directly with GM Canada.

I spoke to someone in insurance that told me that if I was aware of the braking issues, then technically my insurance may be void if I was driving the vehicle. With GM Canada's repeated response being "The issues are due to your application of use of the vehicle, and if you sold the vehicle, or traded it in, the new owners and/or drivers wouldn't experience the same issues", I saw this as an out for me to safely get rid of the vehicle, as GM Canada advised it was safe to do so. I recorded the Director of Customer Service at GM Canada saying this multiple times, just to protect my ass.

I needed to move on with my life, I needed a vehicle that worked that I could drive in the winter, and I was sick and tired of all the phone calls, dealership visits, and bullshit I had to deal with for 11 months. I also needed to focus the majority of my attention on my business, as I had customers that were going out of business and wanting to re-negotiate contracts. So I needed to move on.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride

This is what others were saying after a few months of complete inaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    You've been way too laid back about the whole thing. I'd have contacted the media and spread it all over social media long ago. Maybe it's finally time to burn the bridge with that dealership? They don't seem to be doing anything to help your cause... Maybe post the entire story/timeline here with the dealership name. Beyond has top notch SEO and the dealership / GM might finally take notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.alex View Post
    You're not going to get a satisfactory resolution; it's Canada, not the US, GM will tell you to basically go eat a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    FFS go public already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    I think the only way you are going to get traction is to drag the dealership through the mud.
    Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    You've lost enough money time on this. Spend a couple hundred and have the info plastered all over the Escalade and park it in front of the dealership.

Clearly no one gives a shit and they will just continue brushing you off. Time to step it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Yeah dude, full on publicity on this lemon. Get news teams to drive it. Talk about how you've been paying for it for half a year and it's never been driven since it's broken, cant afford your groceries.

Smear the shit out of the dealership that sold it to you too.

Seriously. You have few options left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    You went to a guy on a very specific AM station. Sorry to say, that's not how you're going to get it fixed. Yeah, he has connections, but the longer you sit on it the harder it is going to be to get fixed. What if his "connections" ignore him for another 2-6 months?

Going to CBC or CTV with a "they sold me this brand new car, and I'm afraid I'm going to kill someone" is a hell of a compelling story. The longer you wait, the longer the audiences question will be "well why did he wait so long".
    You let this thing drag itself out waaaayy too long and CMP and GM walked all over you and you gave them exactly what they wanted.

Again, OP - you have the financial means to write off a 50,000$ loss. Most people dont. This is a unique situation for you , but for most - the other options would have been far more prudent and in your case might have even yielded a result much sooner.

Paying someone eg. 3000$ to sit in front of CMP for a week or two with your vehicle plastered in decals would have been much easier than losing 50k.
    Last edited by revelations; 12-08-2018 at 01:36 PM.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Random update for the heck of it...

Decided to pull a carfax on the Escalade March 3rd for the heck of it to see where it's been and how it's doing, lol.

The first surprise is that out of the 16 service visits/work-orders at CMP while it was in my possession, none showed up except the one service visit where the GM engineer picked up the vehicle and took it to a different dealership. Are the dealers supposed to report the service history? Can they really blank out all those visits?

Since I traded in/sold the Escalade in October 2015, it appears (registration changes) it's had 3 more owners. The second owner had it for around 5-6 months and had it in for service 4 times before there was a registration change. The third owner had the vehicle for ~2+ years and had around 6 logged service visits. Looks like the 4th owner had the vehicle in for service twice from August 2018 up until March 3rd.

Around November 27th I came across a consumer reports article (https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...e-performance/) titled "GM Trucks and SUVs Face Probe Over Brake Performance" which detailed braking issues with the Escalade. I decided to send it off to the Executive Review Team Manager and ERT tream that I was previously dealing with, just as an update with information and to remind them how unhappy I was about the entire experience and how I never plan on buying a GM vehicle ever again. I told them how happy I was switching over to Mercedes AMG, and how the brakes work as expected. I did not receive a response (wasn't really expecting one).

I also sent the link from consumer reports off to the Transport Canada to update the previous case I had with them.

In the last couple of days, I heard a bunch of owners in the USA with 2016s and 2017s are getting recall notices in the mail, stating brake booster issues where it may be difficult to brake, hard brake pedal, or require further stopping distance, and the vehicle would report "Service Brake Assist". Described my issues bang on with the brakes.

Anyways, random update. But figured I'd post it for the heck of it in case anyone was interested.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Interesting, thanks for the update.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Wonder how many lies were told to the 3-4 different owners over the past few years and how many headaches were had because of it.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

First time seeing this thread, thanks for the update. Definitely makes me rethink a future 1LE SS purchase if this is how GM treats their customers.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    Random update for the heck of it...

Decided to pull a carfax on the Escalade March 3rd for the heck of it to see where it's been and how it's doing, lol.

The first surprise is that out of the 16 service visits/work-orders at CMP while it was in my possession, none showed up except the one service visit where the GM engineer picked up the vehicle and took it to a different dealership. Are the dealers supposed to report the service history? Can they really blank out all those visits?
    Since when does carfax/carproof (Canada) show service history? I was under the impression that it was accident claims only. If you wanted service history, you would have to go visit a dealer with the owners papers.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Since when does carfax/carproof (Canada) show service history? I was under the impression that it was accident claims only. If you wanted service history, you would have to go visit a dealer with the owners papers.
    Sometimes it does. I've bought a lt of used vehicles, and it's hit or miss. Doesn't show much detail, just mileage and date basically.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Well, looks like GM Canada is being investigated by Transport Canada now for the issue I had...

https://driving.ca/chevrolet/silvera...-braking-issue

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm assuming you've already been in touch with Transport Canada?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I'm assuming you've already been in touch with Transport Canada?
    Yea, back when all this was going on, I spoke with, created a case, and updated regularly.

After some time they stopped responding with confirmation receipts.

I emailed them in May, and sent them a link to the NHTSA investigation in the US, and told them that's exactly what I experienced. No receipt on that either, but hell, it looks like they are no following suit with what the US is doing with the investigation!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:22 PM.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Classic GM, this is why I will never own another one

My power steering pump failed at around 10K on the ODO and after rearranging my entire day to get the damn thing dropped off when I picked it up they told me there was nothing wrong... I was like "WTF, there is no freaking power steering!". Luckily the dealer also overfilled the oil for a regular change which blew out a gasket so I had to return it the next day as it belched oil all over the ground. The next day the service tech. jumped in and went... "WTF, there is no freaking power steering?". Fucking clowns.

Endless shit went wrong, just like yours... fuel pump failure, idler pulley broke off while I was driving it on the highway, alternator failure, dealer once melted my off-road lights, transfer case chain slippage, leaky axle seals, the hill hold would sometimes not let go and drag the tires like 15-20 feet, and some crazy power steering issue that would randomly violently force the vehicle in the opposite direction I was turning. Somebody at the dealer even also stole my spare tire winch from under the bed. Little stuff too, like sometimes the electronics would start to fuck up, so I would have to pull over and restart the vehicle.

I will say that most of my problems stopped when I started going to other places to get it fixed... I think the dealer caused half of my issues
    Sorry to hear about your problems bro, it sucks! It was the same case in my situation... Lots of issues from factory, but the dealer kept damaging and screwing the vehicle up even more. It was nuts.

Anyways, I ended up e-mailing the authors of the articles at Reuters, Globe and Mail, and some other outlets. Sent a copy of all the service workorders and everything, pics, videos, and told them about all the calls I had recorded. Let's see if anything happens!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

A recall was released on GM trucks yesterday for loss of vacuum assist. Should plug your old vin in and see if it applies for fun?

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    A recall was released on GM trucks yesterday for loss of vacuum assist. Should plug your old vin in and see if it applies for fun?
    Yup, appears the recall is valid for the vehicle... Symptoms exactly as described, along with the good old "Service: Brake Assist" message that I used to get daily, sometimes multiple times a day, that the GM ERT said "Was due to my application of use of the vehicle", what a p*ss off....

Name:  RECALL-2019.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  63.2 KB

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:21 PM.

My Ride

I'm curious - you walked away from both of your GM vehicles and took a massive, 5 figure depreciation loss as a result going into a new vehicle from a different OEM - why is this still a concern to you?

You have no immediate recourse of any kind - besides a lawsuit. Is that what you are thinking of?
    Last edited by revelations; 06-28-2019 at 11:57 AM.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

I'm curious - you walked away from both of your GM vehicles and took a massive, 5 figure depreciation loss as a result going into a new vehicle from a different OEM - why is this still a concern to you?

You have no immediate recourse of any kind - besides a lawsuit. Is that what you are thinking of?
    Because I was wronged, taken advantage of, inconvenienced, forced to experienced a financial loss, told that I was crazy, told that I didn't know how to use the brakes on a vehicle... I dealt with a nightmare for 11 months, that I'm going to share with whoever will listen. If I can save others from having to deal with a nightmare like this, than good!

Every chance I get to tell the story, I'm going to take. As mentioned, I saw these articles so I wanted to update these threads, and I also sent off all the service work-orders, pictures, videos, information, and notified the article writers that I had phone call recordings. If they want to pick any of this up, great! If not, it is what it is.

I already found the law firm in the US that's heading the class action lawsuit in the USA re: the brakes. I might reach out and see if they know of anything similar about to commence here in Canada.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Good luck @Zhariak . I hope you come out with something at the end of all this. It was a fucking nightmare situation from the very beginning.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast