Quantcast
Reccomend a resort in Mexico - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Reccomend a resort in Mexico

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Default Reccomend a resort in Mexico

Looking for personal experiences in PV, Cancun, and mayan riviera or close to

Must be Kid friendly(kids pool hopefull), good food, nice beach and around 5k for 2 adults and 1 kid. Hopefully less busy then more.

Also were going Januray 20th, when should we purchase tickets? Do they get cheaper or more expensive? Boxing day?
    Last edited by B.Spilner; 12-08-2018 at 02:53 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

How old is the kiddo? Most resorts are free for children under 5, so if your child is over 5 there is going to be a relatively large increase in cost

I highly recommend the Hyatt Ziva in PV. Cancun is in riviera maya and the Paradisus la perla is a great resort in your price range and great amenities for kids but a 45 minute bus from the cancun airport. Riu Palace is another spot in riviera maya that I can recommend in your price range, you are in a gated community called playa car and can walk to 5 other resorts if you please. Town of Playa Del Carmen is a 15 minute walk

Your gambling with holding off on booking, that time of year is extremely popular and you might be SOL if you wait too long.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 12-08-2018 at 02:57 PM.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

The minion just turned 6 so yea we see it's an additional $800 ish into the budget.

I'll check those places out!

Didn't you just post this identical sort of post a few weeks back?

Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales would've been your best booking window other than trying to catch a last minute deal a week or 2 out. I booked mine during that black Friday weekend, been following prices and they seem to be going back up now. I leave Jan12th, it was the cheapest time to go. But Jan 20th is still in the lull period between Xmas break and spring break, so you should have no problem finding something.

As I mentioned last time, you can go to Redtag.ca and use their price finder calendar, it'll show you the lowest prices for every day of the month. That'll still include shitty 2 star resorts and stuff, but they all follow the same up and down trend. So the lowest price day will still indicate the best day to book wherever you decide to go.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Yes we did, but this one is more specific to asking about resorts and personal experiences.

And thanks we will try that redtag calendar.

Keep the reviews coming, sounds like we need to book sooner then later!

I stayed at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun a few years back, Location is great you can walk to the shopping center and club area. Hotel is unreal, huge and the pools are amazing. It is a higher end hotel and it even has its own Dolphin area, some people love it some hate it. The beach is really nice as well, way better than the average hotel in the Hotel zone. I am not sure if they have a kids club but so many swimming pools around its without a doubt kids friendly.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Just left the Iberostar Playa Mita. Great resort, very clean, consistently good food, dedicated kids area/pool with play park, on-site child care, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sikid111 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking for personal experiences in PV, Cancun, and mayan riviera or close to

Must be Kid friendly(kids pool hopefull), good food, nice beach and around 5k for 2 adults and 1 kid. Hopefully less busy then more.

Also were going Januray 20th, when should we purchase tickets? Do they get cheaper or more expensive? Boxing day?
    i posted a similar thread around a year ago:
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/406...month-old-baby

we ended up going with a resort called Sunset Plaza in PV based on someone's suggestion. I think it's either 4 or 4.5 stars but should be within your budget of 5k. We were extremely impressed with it and it's great for kids. There are two pools but one is adult only. The nice thing is the bigger pool with the swim up bar is the kid-friendly one. I would recommend getting the suite instead of the basic room since you get a jacuzzi hot tub and a nice mini kitchen. We were able to upgrade on-site during check-in for cheaper than booking that way from the start, but of course it would be a gamble if you do that since it depends if they have one available.

Best part about it was every room has a ocean-view balcony and being on the PV side, you get to see magnificent sunsets every day. In the mornings, you can order room service to your room and they set it up on the balcony. We'll be going back here next time we go to Mexico for sure.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    We were able to upgrade on-site during check-in for cheaper than booking that way from the start, but of course it would be a gamble if you do that since it depends if they have one available.
    That's often a good way to go. In fact, you can upgrade halfway through your trip as well. I have done this in the past. Asked how much for room upgrade at check in, then offered them half that amount a couple days later. Offer was accepted. Front desk gals are usually really friendly and beautiful, so even if you don't get a better room, it's a fun way to spend twenty minutes one morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

My best mate owns 2 condos in the Peninsula that he rent out. I was there a few weeks ago..Great places

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p226672vb

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p791005vb

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

https://www.vidanta.com

I can rent out my timeshare. 1 week slots.

It’s in riviera maya. 15min drive too playa del Carmen. 45min to cancun and airport

Top of the line resort. I don’t think a resort can even come close. Service/amenities it’s a diamond rated resort. Plenty of things to do for the adults and kids

Not all inclusive. But rooms can be standard ranging from 1500cdn/week to ones with full kitchens or lofts of penthouses 3/4K/week.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in other cities. Puerto Vallarta, los Cabo’s, acupulco, mazatlan if other destinations interest u

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Awesome guys, thanks for the replies. Wife will check into them, looks like were booking within the next 48 hours.

She has one in mind, but I'm sure all these extra referrals will really stress her out with more research!!