Page 1612 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1602 1611 1612 1613 1622 ... LastLast
Results 32,221 to 32,240 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ripple

there is a lot of resistance from the yearly, quarterly and monthly pivots around 2.90-2.97. That's it, I am caving, selling 80% of my Ripple and locking in 1270% profit. Will take a chance to buy back lower or enjoy my vacation spending early.
    Nice. Still a tidy $2500 profit. You don't think it'll go higher than it already is or it's just a matter of not getting too greedy?

I'm still pretty new to this stuff, you guys are awesome haha.

When you guys sell your crypto, what are you buying back into in order to cash out or is there a way to just convert XRP to USD?
    Last edited by rx7boi; 01-04-2018 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Nice. Still a tidy $2500 profit. You don't think it'll go higher than it already is or it's just a matter of not getting too greedy?

I'm still pretty new to this stuff, you guys are awesome haha.

When you guys sell your crypto, what are you buying back into in order to cash out or is there a way to just convert XRP to USD?
    the exchange I buy Ripple with does exactly that, converting back to USD. Sure Ripple can just keep going up, next big resistance is probably around 5 dollars. But I feel I made enough and it feels like it is better to lock in my profits and wait for a better setup/opportunity. I went from a nothing with just beer money to a full fledged now well funded account so now I can be more serious about crypto. waiting for the next big setup. I want spread out my allocation as opportunity presents itself. Still waiting for sub 1k BTC to bring everything down further for an attractive entry
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Which exchange do you guys trade crypto on?

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by meeiu View Post
    I use kraken.com was able to complete registration and wire money in within like a week give or take.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

well ACB and WEED recovered quickly... is it worth a gamble now? or it's all chasing? I know NOTHING about this sector but the steep slopes sure are tempting...

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    well ACB and WEED recovered quickly... is it worth a gamble now? or it's all chasing? I know NOTHING about this sector but the steep slopes sure are tempting...
    personally I dont like to chase, it hasnt gone down enough for me to consider. Even if I miss the boat I am well positioned with other things I can wait or let this one slip, but if you want to get some skin into the game, you can always buy at any time and make sure you divide up your purchases you can scale in up to 3 positions this way the further down she goes you will increase your exposure thus increasing your risk/reward. No one I know can time the perfect entry (not even myself) although 6 months from now it probably does not matter where you bought your shares (Warren B does this, makes regular purchases thru out the year with the stock pick he trust). ultimate Key is to have a strategy that you can sleep at night so you dont end up feeling depressed the moment it goes red and you have to hold the bag for months. E.g. Hive when it hit a top and now in correction mode for 2+ months.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Those waiting or following cryto / BTC

here is a good video on how great the cycle/wave timing is for this stuff.

skip to the 23min part, from what I can tell, we are waiting for the cycle low so opportunity will arise friends. be patient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=LTPvx6UD_xE
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    NC1

ACB came back! lol

I think you missed the buy in dip this go around.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by meeiu View Post
    im on binance, but they're not taking new people as they're overwhelmed due to TRON. They also have a strange thing where they take a percent of the coin you're buying as a fee, but only buy and sell in full numbers. So i have like $1.12 of a random coin that i can never get out as i cant sell 0 and wont round up to 1.00.. Guess you can avoid it by buying into BNB as your fee base, and paying fees with BNB but i didn't go that route

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

this is my ideal scenario. Will it just breakup already... the suspense is killing me.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Ripple finally puking lost 28% from the top today. will start to scaling in slowly every 20% down she goes from here, bought back 20% first position at 2.4, and setting next limit order in for 2.01 and 1.61
    Last edited by SilverRex; 01-04-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Ripple

I am currently suspecting the sharp sell off is just another sub wave iv with wave (v) to come before we see a medium term topping. I will be more confident in this count if Ripple can get back above 3.00

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    I think you missed the buy in dip this go around.

Dipped pretty heavily again. Crazy last few days for weed.

My Ride
    XT6

^Pretty significant arbitrage opportunities on Ripple.

With that said, on Binance would be pretty surprised if tonight it does not break the $3 water mark over the asia trading session.

Onchain FX has Ripple's market cap > Bitcoin in 2050 (implied) so could represent a market correction cooling off over the longer term.

I think do a risk assessment first:

Can you afford to lose half the money (or even all) you are investing without worry?
    Will it keep you up at night if it goes down or up?
    Do you need this money for something else?
    Would you be happier making 10 or 20 or 30% over the next year instead of trying to go for -99% to 100%+ return?

The important thing to know is no one knows whats going to happen in this sector. It's all educated guesswork and gambling. Anyone who 'knew' acb was going to hit 14, or weed was going to hit 34?, or any of the other stocks is lying. If you're not ok with extreme risk, there are lots of other things that can be somewhat safely predicted. If you're ok with risk, its probably not too late to invest in MJ, but right this moment IMO is probably one of the worst times to do it. If you do want to invest in the next few days MMJ has a deal pending soon so might go up a decent amount, and was actually pretty stable today. acb is the company I like of the big 3 the most (aph is meh, and weed is basically old shitty poorly laid out warehouses for their greenhouses. acb is a fresh new purpose built building similar in capacity to weed); I liked them best as a real company that will probably be around in years time. There are a bunch of stocks in the 20 cent range too that haven't really taken off yet. Some will go nowhere, some will pop off, pretty risky but you aren't going to see the big 3 double in price again IMO, unless they fall a lot first. I already pumped NF as my personal pick (cuz i think it has potential to double again from current prices), and it could go up again tomorrow, but i think odds are we are in for another down day at open. The only bright side i see for tomorrow is currently in germany it is trading at 26 cents canadian, while it closed today in canada at 20. Germany follows canadian stocks though IMO with a day delay, but i'm still surprised its 6 cents higher. I'm with silverex; safest to play wait and see right now rather then trying to catch a falling knife.

And in all honesty, 10% a year is great, and 20% is amazing. If you could guarantee me 20% a year forever, I'd sign up today with every penny I could get. I'd be retired in 5 years. looking for a 100% (or 1000%) ROI per annum is not exactly realistic. My opinion is people who play the stock market looking to get rich quick are likely to get burned hard.

My Ride
    a tank

payroll 148k jobs created vs 190k expected.

Usually news reverses gold's fortunes. We will now see if gold can have an extension 5th wave higher towards the 1340 area or a sell or news effect capping gold 5th wave top at 1325 yesterday
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

technically gold has made a higher high and if gold cannot make a new high today, the 5 wave top could be in. unless we have an 5th wave extension taking us further towards 1340. If the top is in (yesterdays 1325.8) then gold should in theory head for a wave 2 correction down to back test the 1280-1300 area

We also have a negative divergence which supports the top is in, we will see if gold has the ability to force the MACD to cross and open up again

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Natgas

switching to line chart looks a bit cleaner. if Natgas has any chance to break above the heavily laden triple resistance zone around the 3.00 and reach for the upper trading range in the 3.20s, it has to jump today. It has corrected enough for a wave 2. failure to rally strongly either lingering near 2.70 or even breaking down from here would imply it is ready to make yet another attempt in trying to break below 2.55

This is one wild beast that is shaking everyone off for months.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Despite Ripple's strong bounce yesterday off 2.35 and onto slightly above 3.00 which was impressive. the bounce is only 3 waves. if 2.5 doesnt hold, Ripple could potentially crash further to test the next major support around 2.0
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1612 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1602 1611 1612 1613 1622 ... LastLast