Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1613 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1613 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1603 1612 1613 1614 1623 ... LastLast
Results 32,241 to 32,260 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

I nearly exited Jnug break even at the open when gold looked like a false breakout, but after checking other currency pairs, I have have some doubts on the USD counter bounce. So I held on. so far gold is trying to make a come back. Also a larger inverse head and shoulder pattern now at play, if gold/miner makes a higher high, this could be the wave 3 of 5 of 5 sequence starting.

edit: Miners cant gain any momentum. the small bounce of late all look corrective to me. I am taking Jnug off the table at break even.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 01-05-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Oil

has reached the upper wedge line. So unless it can defy this and breakup opening a new trading range into the 65-70 are now, there is a higher chance it may have topped for the ST and a multi week correction could occur for another back test of the blue box. This may not help energy shares. as bte may look bullish, it has not really breaking out the way I would like to. I got in at bte 3.70 and if price comes back down to this area I will exit my position. it does not feel right when oil is 60+ and bte has not moved into a massive wave 3 surge, could still happen and the pull back today may be the last backtest. so I will set my stop at 3.70 just to be safe.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

BTC

moment of truth is here, bitcoin over 16000, it needs to breakout and rally, failure to do so and topping here / rolling over will keep the bearish count intact, where this area is a larger wave (B) and (C) down to follow. of course I am bias as I want cheaper crypto now that I have some new funds to play around thanks to Ripple. I will try to believe the cycle/wave suggesting a major low towards end of Feb remains the backdrop.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

How low can PONY go? (rhetorical question).

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How low can PONY go? (rhetorical question).
    If it's a day ending in Y pony is going down lol.

Bearish trend to me says 1.8 now since it broke below its old 52 week low

My Ride

Wonder if $2 would be a psychological support there. Was thinking of starting something at $1.99 haha

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

PONY has big my biggest loss to date, seriously hate the shit out of it. I'll keep holding till it goes back up sometime.. who the f knows when that will be

My Ride
    a tank

new 52 week low? lets use Meg as comparison since it was in a similar situation last year when it too made a new 52 week low only to rebound strongly.

is there any similarities between the two... sort of. the last under cut low (orange box) was a false bottom. now we are working on a new under cutting move. If the bottom firms up, a chance to back test the previous range neckline? a quick 2-5 rally?

for those holding this still, I certainly hope so.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by KO22 View Post
    PONY has big my biggest loss to date, seriously hate the shit out of it. I'll keep holding till it goes back up sometime.. who the f knows when that will be
    Mine too. Lost somewhere between $6-7g with it in my RRSP this year, fortunately only that because i dumped most of it in the high 4s, and I made some off it with my TFSA buying low and selling on a rebound twice (but still lost big). I dont blame the company so much as I blame dual NDP provinces with a liberal federal government and a bunch of anti energy hating provinces between here and newfoundland. That's like the perfect storm of Canada saying fuck you to oil and gas. unfortunately I was banking on it going up this winter, and here we are, where they should be making great profits..... and its at a 52 week low so I dont know when it will rebound to $5+.... probably not until next fall/winter unless a miracle happens?

Wonder if $2 would be a psychological support there. Was thinking of starting something at $1.99 haha
    I think if it broke below $2 and held for a day or 2 it would be a psychological barrier broken and we'd rapidly see it move even lower as people would now view it as a 1.xx stock, just as they viewed it as a 2.xx and a 3.xx and a 4.xx stock and a 5.xx as it's fallen over the year. That's why i picked 1.80 for a it may go this low number, but I can't see it going below 1.80, not unless something changes with profitability of the company. I'd be expecting a huge rebound if it hit that too. seems crazy low, but I also didn't think it'd ever break below $3.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    Gold

technically gold has made a higher high and if gold cannot make a new high today, the 5 wave top could be in. unless we have an 5th wave extension taking us further towards 1340. If the top is in (yesterdays 1325.8) then gold should in theory head for a wave 2 correction down to back test the 1280-1300 area

We also have a negative divergence which supports the top is in, we will see if gold has the ability to force the MACD to cross and open up again

gold cant garner any momentum despite a good attempt during last week's NFP report. with miners continue to under perform, I am sticking to a need for gold to drop back down to the 1280-1300 area for a half cycle low before the next rally can begin.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    I bought back in to NF today on its pullback. I'm hoping it sees more movement than the big guys, although it might take until the next bit of news they release.

I pulled out of pony early this morning before it bottomed out also. I figured there was a good chance pony would increase in price with the cold weather in the last 2 weeks, and figured it would pull back from the warmer weather this week which is one reason why i exited it with half last week, but I'm still surprised at the 20cent+ fall today.

Its not that I dont think tis going up, but i think there are greener pastures elsewhere for the next couple weeks at least. Me personally, i would buy back in to pony before its next quarterly report, especially if its still in the mid 2s.

Picked up some NF on the dip last week off your tip.... thanks! hahaha
    Last edited by GT.....O?; 01-08-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

I just sold nf, what's that, 50% plus in a week if you bought on Thursday for where it's at now lol. I Bought at 25.5 but still good

It's a very crappy company imo so it might be wise to dump too. Yes, It might break its 52 week high but I'm too scared to hold out for that with how volatile mj is. I'll wait for another dip if there is one.

My Ride
    A250

Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    Picked up some NF on the dip last week off your tip.... thanks! hahaha
    Same, thanks zhao

My Ride

PONY survives staying above 2 today. Keepin' an eye on it this week. I'd love to start a position under $2.

PONY survives staying above 2 today. Keepin' an eye on it this week. I'd love to start a position under $2.

What scares me about an almost pure ng producer is that future curbe of aeco today is 1.30 gj for remainder of 2018 and we are arguably in strongest part of season for curve. Yes they have hedges but if ng doesnt increase, 2019 is a horrible year for CF and market prices stocks on future cfs

glad people made some money off that .

what I remember of my DD on pony is its still profitable with a AECO of 1, or at least very low 1.xx. I believe only about 25% of their product was sold at aeco prices. For people holding pony I wouldn't worry too much; someday it should claw back, but its going to be a long wait. Its going to take a change of government or something for people to want to invest there again...... or it to actually hit rock bottom and people to think its on a big upward motion. It is crazy undervalued now imo. its possible we saw a bottom today, but its not interesting enough for me to rebuy. IMO if it dips under $2, preferably in the 1.80 range, that is when i'll rebuy.

My personal opinion is we'll likely have a crash of weed stocks within a year or so, and after that people will look to other stuff, and a lot of what they'll be going in to is more conventional investments. A year is a long time to wait, but what is pony actually worth? $5-6 imo. More if canada ever does a damn thing about trying to export our product. Even if you wait 2-3 years for it to hit $6 again....... thats a damn good return.

Tomorrow I'm watching BLGV. A shitty mining company trying to cash in on MJ and blockchain O_o. It's probably going to spike again soon (I believe the money in MJ is just circling the garbage stocks pumping and dumping them. This is the next likely one I see that hasn't gone up a lot yet, and also has been doing nothing for a week since it finally got noticed. I also think this stock is on a cycle of 1-3 days after something happens with NF it happens with this thing). I figure tomorrow if it falls more it'll be a good buy to hold for the next spike, or its possible it will climb as early as tomorrow which will make for a good in and out asap move. I'm not risking more than 7g on this thing because eventually i'm going to get burnt on one of these junkers. I would hope the next spike moves it in to the 30s again also.
    Last edited by zhao; 01-08-2018 at 08:31 PM.

My Ride
    TL

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    glad people made some money off that .

what I remember of my DD on pony is its still profitable with a AECO of 1, or at least very low 1.xx. I believe only about 25% of their product was sold at aeco prices. For people holding pony I wouldn't worry too much; someday it should claw back, but its going to be a long wait. Its going to take a change of government or something for people to want to invest there again...... or it to actually hit rock bottom and people to think its on a big upward motion. It is crazy undervalued now imo. its possible we saw a bottom today, but its not interesting enough for me to rebuy. IMO if it dips under $2, preferably in the 1.80 range, that is when i'll rebuy.

My personal opinion is we'll likely have a crash of weed stocks within a year or so, and after that people will look to other stuff, and a lot of what they'll be going in to is more conventional investments. A year is a long time to wait, but what is pony actually worth? $5-6 imo. More if canada ever does a damn thing about trying to export our product. Even if you wait 2-3 years for it to hit $6 again....... thats a damn good return.

Tomorrow I'm watching BLGV. A shitty mining company trying to cash in on MJ and blockchain O_o. It's probably going to spike again soon (I believe the money in MJ is just circling the garbage stocks pumping and dumping them. This is the next likely one I see that hasn't gone up a lot yet, and also has been doing nothing for a week since it finally got noticed. I also think this stock is on a cycle of 1-3 days after something happens with NF it happens with this thing). I figure tomorrow if it falls more it'll be a good buy to hold for the next spike, or its possible it will climb as early as tomorrow which will make for a good in and out asap move. I'm not risking more than 7g on this thing because eventually i'm going to get burnt on one of these junkers. I would hope the next spike moves it in to the 30s again also.

I imagine majority of people will get out of weed stocks prior to legalization. I'm newly invested in it (mostly small caps), riding the increases on licensing to extract and sale, but hoping to divest well before legalization and maybe invest into big players. Might be completely wrong, I'm okay to lose ~5-7% of my investment portfolio to weed stocks. It's an interesting time to get in though

My Ride

So, doing a bit more research on BLGV, the Company intends to raise additional funds and has price protection for equity securities by way of a unit offering at CAD $0.05 a unit, which was obtained on December 1, 2017.
    It hit 19.5 cents a few times already. Perhaps 19 for first position.

Edit: 7.5 mill volume in 1 hour.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 01-09-2018 at 11:52 AM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Weed stocks are fucked lol... Bought some HIP last week for .90, then more yesterday for 1.98, today it's 3.11. Only a small amount though cause i have a bunch of money tied up in N, which is at a trading Halt

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Weed stocks are fucked lol... Bought some HIP last week for .90, then more yesterday for 1.98, today it's 3.11. Only a small amount though cause i have a bunch of money tied up in N, which is at a trading Halt
    HIP has been nuts haha

Page 1613 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1603 1612 1613 1614 1623 ... LastLast