Quantcast
Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions? - Page 70 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Is The Corona Virus Impacting Your Decisions to Travel?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have delayed trips due to concerns with the virus.

26 34.21%
  • No, I am proceeding as planned with all travel.

33 43.42%
  • Yes, but I will take precautions and still go.

17 22.37%
  • The Corona threat is all a bunch of hogwash.

6 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1993

Thread: Is The Coronavirus Impacting Your Travel Decisions?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My in laws fly in tomorrow now that they have “permission” to leave
    LoL, I'll PM you my off-grid location this weekend and we can drink beer because I'm guessing you're going to "need to run a few errands" at stores that might take a lot longer to get to than normal.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

They are coming here lol, I am not going there.

Isn’t there a hurricane? Lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

I meant here.
    I got you, Fam. My OnlyFans subscribers like you will have all the details.

Yeah, fuck. I forgot that hurricane. Elsa? As in LeTitsNow?

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

The weather on PEI has been super shit from what my family tells me, should be due for the usual 3-4 nice weeks of weather that PEI gets a year.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Any people with families of young kids that arent vaccinated risking trips out of the country in winter / spring next year? We were supposed to go to Hawaii this spring, it got moved to next spring now its been moved to potentially summer (its been moved because our family member with the timeshare is fearful that our AZ/Pfizer mix wont allow us into Hawaii, although we dont really want to go to Hawaii in summer because its nice in Canada at that time - wanted an escape from winter) So now we are thinking perhaps we would like to go to Mexico during winter but who knows when this quarantine with kids thing is going to be lifted.

Regarding the flight changes... We booked to go to Vancouver in August and our flights have already been changed twice.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Any people with families of young kids that arent vaccinated risking trips out of the country in winter / spring next year? We were supposed to go to Hawaii this spring, it got moved to next spring now its been moved to potentially summer (its been moved because our family member with the timeshare is fearful that our AZ/Pfizer mix wont allow us into Hawaii, although we dont really want to go to Hawaii in summer because its nice in Canada at that time - wanted an escape from winter) So now we are thinking perhaps we would like to go to Mexico during winter but who knows when this quarantine with kids thing is going to be lifted.

Regarding the flight changes... We booked to go to Vancouver in August and our flights have already been changed twice.
    I have something booked for October, going back and forth on keeping as is, moving it out or flat out cancelling
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Has anyone driven to the states recently? Do you still have to say it’s essential travel?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    I'm reading through all the updated guidelines online and still can't quite figure out the process. It suggests that he register for arrival testing in advance. Since he's flying in from Hong Kong via Vancouver, does that mean he will be taking the arrival test in Vancouver and then continuing onto the Calgary?

I don't see anywhere on the new guidelines that says he can just go home and wait for test results. There also doesn't appear to be a 1-800 number I can call to ask.
    According to my cousin who is immigrating to Halifax (fully vaxed parents but no vax kids), he is expecting PCR test at Pearson from HK and allows to continue to Halifax directly and quarantine at home for 14 days.

How that really plays out on the ground, I guess I get to hear from him next week.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

To the best of my understanding there is no current exemption for unvaccinated children to enter Nova Scotia unless they are subject to a custody order.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Halifax airport hasn't been consistent. Aka shit show.

Source: I know people that travel out here for work regularly.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Wait, does Hawaii require any vaccination status to enter? I thought it's only a negative test before boarding and you are gold?

It’s confusing for sure, seems like Nova Scotia doesn’t want tourism dollars again this year.

My Ride
    Bicycle

To the best of my understanding there is no current exemption for unvaccinated children to enter Nova Scotia unless they are subject to a custody order.
    Immigration is probably under the exemption or under custody. Not sure.

https://travel-declaration.novascotia.ca/en

All I know is they accepted his check in but must provide location where they will be staying. It's not like he got a choice, timing is already tight due to immigration travel ban just lifted on Jun 21st and they gotta settle down before kids' school year starts.

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Halifax airport hasn't been consistent. Aka shit show.

Source: I know people that travel out here for work regularly.
    Not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    It’s confusing for sure, seems like Nova Scotia doesn’t want tourism dollars again this year.
    Meh, it's double meat subs for them from RE bubble alone with inflow of Torontonians and international immigrants.

https://www.narcity.com/canadians-ar...ut-of-toronto-
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-16-2021 at 11:34 AM.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    I'm reading through all the updated guidelines online and still can't quite figure out the process. It suggests that he register for arrival testing in advance. Since he's flying in from Hong Kong via Vancouver, does that mean he will be taking the arrival test in Vancouver and then continuing onto the Calgary?

I don't see anywhere on the new guidelines that says he can just go home and wait for test results. There also doesn't appear to be a 1-800 number I can call to ask.
    Want to give an update on this in case anyone's curious.

My dad used his aeroplan points to book his flight from Hong Kong to Calgary (layover Vancouver) for July 12. On July 10 he got an email from Aeroplan that they changed his Van to Calgary portion of flight to July 15, so a 3 day layover. Called Air Canada (1 hour hold) and they said they do this automatically to accommodate the hotel quarantine requirements. The agent offered to change his flight back to leave on July 12th, but since it was booked through points, it had to be done by Aeroplan and Aeroplan were not taking ANY phone calls. It just gets forwarded to an automated message. No hold or call back option. Frustrated, we decided to just cancel that ticket and book a new one with 'cash' for July 15th.

He just got back last night. When he got to Vancouver they offered to give him a home test kit, but he refused and wanted to get tested on the spot so he doesn't have to deal with mailing samples and what not. They agreed but made him fill in all the forms again. As soon as he got tested they just let him go on his way. Didn't even tell him to isolate until the arrival result test comes back negative. The whole process took about an hour.

This morning he got an ArriveCan notification to do daily symptoms check-in, but we called ArriveCan and they said it's not required for excepted/fully vaccinated traveler and to just ignore.

Overall, pretty smooth and no surprises or major delays.

Edit: He got tested in Vancouver ~ 1pm yesterday and just got his results now at 2pm. 25 hours turnaround.
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 07-16-2021 at 02:29 PM.

We are itching for a winter trip as well, probably just a Mexico all inclusive. Was hoping November/December but looking like going to be next March assuming the estimated timeline for 11 and under vax are accurate.

We have a 1 year old, will be about 20 months old by February. We officially booked our Mexico vacay for February just the other day. Technically unvaccinated kids have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon return. But it's next to impossible to track that with a kid under 2. And the wife is a stay at home now, so it's not a big deal for her to just hang out at home with him for 2 weeks anyway.

We are very likely booking something to Palm Springs or Arizona for November as well.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Has anyone been down to the US for work lately? I was thinking about going to Houston for a meeting or two in mid-August but didn't want to go through quarantine or other issues on my way back.

Interesting, didn’t realize the quarantine crap for unvaccinated kids is going away. Copy paste from YYC travel deals group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1179...7450628282938/

Summary of the announcements made today regarding border restrictions (lots of news):

1. As of August 9th the 14-day quarantine for unvaccinated children under 12 entering Canada with fully vaccinated parents will be eliminated.

However at the same time, there will be public health limits on younger travellers looking to join group settings upon their return to Canada (such as summer camps, daycares, etc).
    2. On August 9th American citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. will be allowed to travel to Canada for leisure travel if they’ve received a full course of one of the four COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Canada at least 14 days prior to arrival.

On September 7th Canada will reopen its borders to fully vaccinated travellers from any country, for leisure travel.
    3. This begs the question, will fully vaccinated Canadians also be allowed to travel to the U.S. by land for leisure travel on August 9th?

The U.S. has not made a formal announcement, but considering our countries have always stayed aligned on their border policies, I think that's a good bet.

4. Starting August 9th the arrival test for those entering Canada will be a random selection for those who are fully vaccinated, so you may or may not need to perform this test any longer.

(The 'arrival test' is different than the 'pre-departure test' you need before your flight to Canada. That one is still required).
    5. Sometime before August 9th, the hotel quarantine requirement is being dropped for *everyone*, including those who are not fully vaccinated.
    6. International flights will be allowed to resume from additional Canadian airports on August 9th, 2021. (Halifax, Québec City, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Edmonton)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So assuming the US follows suit I'm hoping this means I can get one covid test in Calgary, drive down to Montana to pick stuff up and use that test both directions, and then just come home. A test at the border will be random if I need to or not but otherwise no quarantine or isolation? I'm good with that, fuck I hope this works as its been ages since a border run.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Facebook is probably not the place I'd be getting my information about government travel restrictions or border procedures. Not saying it's wrong, but I'll wait to see that on the offisshull gubbermints weebsitez.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast