Volkswagen Golf R/GTI Mega Thread - Page 53 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1241

Thread: Volkswagen Golf R/GTI Mega Thread

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you driven one? I did and as much as that vehicle is perfect for my lifestyle, the power is so underwhelming, especially for $39k. If it had a GTI engine, the car would be perfect.
    Agreed. Needs at least the GTI engine. That is why I really enjoyed the Audi allroad; it was practical and was peppy.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I havnt, that’s exactly the reason I havnt got to far into it. We really need the golf r estate. The alltrak is the perfect size for our family of 5, and the interior is basically the same as the golf r which I was happy with. I can probably make due with the golf r now that the kids are getting into smaller car seats.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I havnt, that’s exactly the reason I havnt got to far into it. We really need the golf r estate. The alltrak is the perfect size for our family of 5, and the interior is basically the same as the golf r which I was happy with. I can probably make due with the golf r now that the kids are getting into smaller car seats.
    The Golf R estate would be too expensive here. It would be a 50-55k car in Canada so people would buy the A4 allroad.

Rumor has it the 2020/2021 GTI might have 300HP engine option that isn't an "R" model, so that could be one way to get most of the performance of the current "R" without paying ~$45K. Interior/infotainment looks like it's getting a much needed update as well. Hope that's all true.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Ohhh if that is the case, might be time to jump on a GLI since they use the same engine / platform now. I was thinking about picking up a 2019 here.
    Cos...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Ohhh if that is the case, might be time to jump on a GLI since they use the same engine / platform now. I was thinking about picking up a 2019 here.
    I would suggest not picking up a 2019 with a complete redesign happening next year - especially if VW is barely offering any incentive at all just based off previous comments in the thread.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...in-us-as-gti-r

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I would suggest not picking up a 2019 with a complete redesign happening next year - especially if VW is barely offering any incentive at all just based off previous comments in the thread.

Oh no I want a GLI, which since the Jetta just got an upgrade this year I assume it won't be a huge change. That said, the GLI is a GTI drivetrain so might need to wait.
    Cos...

My Ride
    LNF

VW announced that the GTI/R will be coming to Canada in late 2021 as a 2022 model so still about 2 years away.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    VW announced that the GTI/R will be coming to Canada in late 2021 as a 2022 model so still about 2 years away.
    Oh I didn't know that, thanks - I thought it was coming in late 2020 as a 2021.

I have to assume the chance that no Golf R is available for 2 maybe 3 years even is why dealers are trying to hold the prices so high, and clearly a ton of volume was pushed at them. I think earlier I checked when I saw thread and southgate had 60+?

Then I saw the S3 comment and was about to eye roll until Glenmore had several ranging from 55-60K. Talking about 7-10k difference for a much nicer car isn't so bad...

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Oh I didn't know that, thanks - I thought it was coming in late 2020 as a 2021.
    New golf is coming in summer of 2021 and GTI/R shortly after. Current Golf and GTI will be made until that point for Canada.

Golf R and Alltrack/Sport wagon will not have a 2020 model year. This is why VW Canada ordered a ton of 2019s and that's why you see 2000 Golf Rs in inventory. They intend to keep selling them for next 2 years as 2019s (or until they run out).
    Last edited by Aleks; 12-17-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    I have to assume the chance that no Golf R is available for 2 maybe 3 years even is why dealers are trying to hold the prices so high, and clearly a ton of volume was pushed at them. I think earlier I checked when I saw thread and southgate had 60+?

Then I saw the S3 comment and was about to eye roll until Glenmore had several ranging from 55-60K. Talking about 7-10k difference for a much nicer car isn't so bad...
    I am pretty sure the S3 hasn't been significantly updated since ~2013 either - fantastic little car, but getting long in the tooth. I think an A35 would be my pick in the $50-60K range over an S3 or Golf R at the moment. A250's start around the price of a loaded GTI as well. Lots of cool stuff in that price range for sure.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    BUUUMP

Any recommendations where to go for a good deal on a R nowadays?
    What's considered a good deal? We just picked a 2019 LB DSG w/o the R Package at Northland VW for $2-$3k less than what Country Hills and Fifth Ave wanted.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Pretty sure the Audi s3 started in 2015, I believe I read somewhere 2020 will have some options become standard features.

I suggested the s3 because it continues on in 2020, so the 2019 model has good rates right now and a discount off the purchase price. Plus it has a sunroof a feature that the golf r doesn’t get. Saying that I think the A35 is going to be great, interior looks amazing in comparison. Arrives in spring

I think I paid 45k otd for a 6spd tech package in 2016. With .9 over 72 mths. Don’t get the manual, auto is better, faster and stronger I’m sure that was mentioned in the thread before though.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    What's considered a good deal? We just picked a 2019 LB DSG w/o the R Package at Northland VW for $2-$3k less than what Country Hills and Fifth Ave wanted.
    Any suggestions on dealing with Northland that you wish you knew? I've reached out to so far (CHVW, 5th Ave, Gary Moe) and they are all much less helpful. I've been chatting to Jamie at Northland over email and he's by far the best person I've dealt with in the VW groups. He's got me pretty serious now.
    Cos...

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Any suggestions on dealing with Northland that you wish you knew? I've reached out to so far (CHVW, 5th Ave, Gary Moe) and they are all much less helpful. I've been chatting to Jamie at Northland over email and he's by far the best person I've dealt with in the VW groups. He's got me pretty serious now.
    Jamie is pretty decent, I know him from way back.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Jamie is pretty decent, I know him from way back.
    Good to know, I feel like I've met him before too but can't place it.
    Cos...

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

I'll send you a DM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    I'll send you a DM.
    Perfect
    Cos...

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Pretty sure the Audi s3 started in 2015, I believe I read somewhere 2020 will have some options become standard features.

I suggested the s3 because it continues on in 2020, so the 2019 model has good rates right now and a discount off the purchase price. Plus it has a sunroof a feature that the golf r doesn’t get. Saying that I think the A35 is going to be great, interior looks amazing in comparison. Arrives in spring

I think I paid 45k otd for a 6spd tech package in 2016. With .9 over 72 mths. Don’t get the manual, auto is better, faster and stronger I’m sure that was mentioned in the thread before though.
    0.9% is the magic number for me.

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 ... LastLast