Quantcast
Road Rage: Would you file a police report? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Rage: Would you file a police report?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I love Beyond. LOL
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, i completely agree with you. I should not have reacted the way I did with giving him the finger back. I had initially waved to say sorry and it seemed he got more angry. I also didn't NEED to get over, i could have got the next exit if nobody let me know which is why i didn't force it. The word NEED should be replaced with WANTED.
    You waved sorry.. why?

I’ve heard stories of people getting killed in the states for waving. True story.

My buddy warned my never to wave in LA, even if it for someone letting you in.
    Last edited by Darkane; 08-06-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

And I tried reporting years ago after someone forced into my lane. Went to a station and they weren't very helpful. I had two options, I could wait for the right person to come in to write the report or left my contact for the person to meet me at work or home I guess. I decided to just swallow a chill pill lol.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

OP made a mistake, other guy made a mistake, tempers flared. Shit happens, let it go and be thankful there was no accident or injury. Nothing is worth potential loss of health.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Thread turned as quick as the one where OP was a douche and decided to accelerate, on camera, to not let a vehicle in and then ended up eating said vehicles back bumper due to following too close.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    OP made a mistake, other guy made a mistake, tempers flared. Shit happens, let it go and be thankful there was no accident or injury. Nothing is worth potential loss of health.
    Yes, agree. This is a case of the OP making a mistake and not being prepared/ready/able to make his turn. I think he felt since he made a simple mistake the guy behind him should just “suck it up” while he was going slow to get over two lanes.

When the other person saw him wave sorry, he probably felt enraged because the OP showed no respect for the other driver and only cared for himself at that time (zero defensive driving).

Then it unraveled. It’s interesting about the perspective, and a comment about entitlement was made. I can see it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    You have a picture of a motorist give you a finger, and you expect to walk into the CPS office and make all kinds of accusations about road rage, and expect them to take you seriously?

Without video evidence, you are just wasting everyones' time, including your own.
    I was merely trying to get a picture of his face and his plate for evidence. It so happened to be he was fingering me while i took the picture. I figured that if this guy is doing this kind of behavior to me then he's done it before. Bringing forth picture evidence of his face and plate will help the police identify the person and make note if he's a repeat offender. That was my intent of taking the pictures.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I am envisioning you slowing down to change lanes, which is insane. But I may be incorrect.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I figured that if this guy is doing this kind of behavior to me then he's done it before.
    I figured if you didn't know how to properly change lanes this time, then you've done it before.

Pot meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    You waved sorry.. why?

I’ve heard stories of people getting killed in the states for waving. True story.

My buddy warned my never to wave in LA, even if it for someone letting you in.
    I initially waved sorry when he started honking at me to deescalate the situation, i got mad when he fingered me after i waved sorry

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I am envisioning you slowing down to change lanes, which is insane. But I may be incorrect.
    I had to slow down cause the car in front of me pressed on the brakes. I can't continue my speed when someone ahead of me slows down. Trying to enter a lane at a lower than the posted speed limit would probably cause an accident if the other lane car is travelling at the speed limit.

I see nothing wrong with what I did except for losing my temper and fingering him back.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I had to slow down cause the car in front of me pressed on the brakes. I can't continue my speed when someone ahead of me slows down. Trying to enter a lane at a lower than the posted speed limit would probably cause an accident if the other lane car is travelling at the speed limit.

I see nothing wrong with what I did except for losing my temper and fingering him back.
    I'd say the more likely scenario is you forced your way into a small space between two cars and had to jam on the brakes to avoid hitting the one in front of you. Then, because you NEEDED to make the exit, you started slowing down more to try and get over another lane and not miss the exit.

And a picture of his face and plate would have been evidence of nothing. Other than you playing with your phone while driving of course.
    Last edited by FraserB; 08-06-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I was driving home last night and I needed to get over two lanes to make the exit.
    I fucking hate this. You knew exactly what lane you needed to be in, but because there was traffic, you decided to skip ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I've come to the consensus that most of the drivers on Beyond are terrible
    No, no, we're all awesome professional race circuit drivers, it's everyone else who's at fault for not letting him in.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    I'd say the more likely scenario is you forced your way into a small space between two cars and had to jam on the brakes to avoid hitting the one in front of you. Then, because you NEEDED to make the exit, you started slowing down more to try and get over another lane and not miss the exit.

And a picture of his face and plate would have been evidence of nothing. Other than you playing with your phone while driving of course.
    Good stuff, keep making assumptions

Also, i did call it in and the officer said that it was good that i took a picture of the his plate. They didn't mention that i shouldn't be playing with my phone. Maybe you should sign up to be cop, seems like you really want to make a difference in the world.

Also, if you read previous posts i indicated that i didn't really NEED to get over but there was another exit that I could have taken. The word NEED wasn't accurate. Seems like you read what you want to read to make a point

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Dude you got a picture of him, skip the police and just get a hitman.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

There are locations in the city where you have to cross a few lanes within a short distance to get to where you want, it's not that uncommon. It makes it even more challenging when your lane is slow comparing to the traffic on the rest of the road. That can happen. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Just move on, there are better things to do in life.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    It isn't worth reporting without video, and even if you had video or a witness you might get in as much trouble for engaging with him too.

You have to chill when this kind of stuff happens. Fingering the guy back might have seemed like the the appropriate response, but I can't count how many arguments I 've witnessed that have come to blows when one person pulls a 1 finger salute out. Yeah the guy was a dick, and he deserved it, but all it does is escalate the situation further.

Just chill next time, you will feel better about it later than if you engage.
    yes, lesson learned for sure. I just lost my cool cause when i swerved to avoid him my dog must have hit the side of the interior as I heard him but lucky his seat belt prevented him from flying in one direction entirely.

My Ride
    changes every year

Did he hit you? No? Then no police report.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    There are locations in the city where you have to cross a few lanes within a short distance to get to where you want, it's not that uncommon.
    Yep, I deal with one everyday coming home from work, if I don't get over 2 lanes it would take absurdly long to get home. I'm surprised OP found himself in traffic heavy enough where he couldn't get in on the night of a holiday Monday, does this city never rest?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast