Quantcast
Shak, I found your new car - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Shak, I found your new car

My Ride
    ute

I didn't mean flipping in the speculative sense I meant flipping in the consumer sense.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by black300 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, I have flipped cars over the past. Always less than $15K usually, no accidents, local vehicles, small engines and nothing fancy. Always made a dime, you cannot make $ on newer vehicles as dealers have huge incentives such as financing/lease rates and people do not want to fork up that much cash even if they have it.
    Ok, so you agree fully with Buster, haha.

I think we all agree flipping used cars under $20k is totally different than trying to flip newer, more expensive cars.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    But the issue is if it fetches $28500 and the buyout is $28500 (plus gst?) then there’s no equity at the end? The other issue I see is 12k a year is quite low for most people. That might be turning them off. What’s the per km charge over?

PS not trying to anger you with the shrewd negotiation comment, just referring to a certain YouTube channel.
    Not angry at all man appreciate everyone's input. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    Well, they would have spent $20k in lease payments and then had to buy the vehicle for an additional $28.5K + gst, so as Twin Cam mentioned, there is no equity and that $20k turns into pure "depreciation" as the car goes back to the dealer and the purchaser is left with nothing. I am sure you understand that, but this post seemed to have forgotten that.
    Yes that's right, what I am saying only makes sense if you sell the car privately and it's worth more than the residual. Which I think it will be based on the current market but of course I haven't seen the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Shak, your car flipping is fun, but it's also expensive. If you allocated your flipping costs towards your car budget, you could get into much nice cars per $$$ you spend.

Just a thought.
    This is definitely true. I have thought about that in the past. I'd be in an Aventador right now had I not done what I've been doing.

To that effect, I have decided to cancel this whole thing and forget about the Raptor. I am gonna keep the Lexus till the end and hopefully make money on it by selling it privately at that time. Time to get serious about life and make wiser financial decision and do investments that make $ and not lose $.

If anyone wants to buy an Aston Martin let me know. lol.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 05-29-2020 at 11:47 AM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    To that effect, I have decided to cancel this whole thing and forget about the Raptor. I am gonna keep the Lexus till the end of the month and hopefully make money on it by selling it privately at that time.
    FTFY

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I feel it should be highlighted that we've seen another post from the elusive but illustrious richardchan2002 aka the all-time trader rating King of Beyond.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Not angry at all man appreciate everyone's input. It's fun.

Yes that's right, what I am saying only makes sense if you sell the car privately and it's worth more than the residual. Which I think it will be based on the current market but of course I haven't seen the future.

This is definitely true. I have thought about that in the past. I'd be in an Aventador right now had I not done what I've been doing.

To that effect, I have decided to cancel this whole thing and forget about the Raptor. I am gonna keep the Lexus till the end and hopefully make money on it by selling it privately at that time. Time to get serious about life and make wiser financial decision and do investments that make $ and not lose $.

Now we're talking

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I feel it should be highlighted that we've seen another post from the elusive but illustrious richardchan2002 aka the all-time trader rating King of Beyond.
    What's a trader rating?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What? No sales pitch on some deal where we would be basically making free money by buying it?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

My garage is full of TP. Did you wrap and ceramic coat the AM so that I can park it on the street without worrying about tree sap and bird poop?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Shak, your car flipping is fun, but it's also expensive. If you allocated your flipping costs towards your car budget, you could get into much nice cars per $$$ you spend.

Just a thought.
    He has said many times in the past that all this car flipping costs him nothing. He was swapping BMWs faster than some people change underwear and trying to Jedi mind trick beyond into believing it didn’t costs anything extra over the payment.

This Lexus seems out of the norm.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I don’t have much to add other than I’m learning quite a bit about leasing here.

Never leased, always hard cash incentives.

Hmm. Still don’t think leasing is for me, can’t quite see the benefit.

Please, carry on
    If you were going to get a 2020 Lexus IS350, I dont see any reason why anyone would pay cash for it, when lease rate is 0.4% and the cash and lease incentive is $3,000. I guess unless you knew you were going to keep it for long term, and even then, I would still take advantage of either cheap finance or cheap lease rates. Tying up $55k like that up front isnt good use of $.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    If you were going to get a 2020 Lexus IS350, I dont see any reason why anyone would pay cash for it, when lease rate is 0.4% and the cash and lease incentive is $3,000. I guess unless you knew you were going to keep it for long term, and even then, I would still take advantage of either cheap finance or cheap lease rates. Tying up $55k like that up front isnt good use of $.
    Agree.

However (trucks are a great example), the big time incentives are delivery and cash incentives. That’s how the 25% off MSRP happens.

0% is awesome, and really what drives sales for the average person, but if it’s doable over the life of the vehicle you’re likely saving more if you have the means to pay cash or HELOC for the additional incentives.

On a car like a Lexus (that I’m assuming doesn’t come with big time cash incentives), the lease may be the way to go.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    What's a trader rating?
    This answer will be delivered via Feather Duster.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Been doing some lurking lately, I enjoy the discussion even though it seems to lean toward non-car-talk as of late.

I think all of the 1% beyonders have no need for marketplace anymore, hence no need for trader ratings. haha.

In this case, I felt compelled to post as I own one of these cars. It’s one of very few 300hp engines from the mid 2000s with decent engine reliability. I know someone who had nearly 500,000km on their 2006 and it would have easily gone longer had it not been written off in a T-Bone accident. The 2014+ is less aggressively tuned and not as quick as the 2006-2013 which might further help with engine longevity.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    He has said many times in the past that all this car flipping costs him nothing. He was swapping BMWs faster than some people change underwear and trying to Jedi mind trick beyond into believing it didn’t costs anything extra over the payment.

This Lexus seems out of the norm.
    because the true cost and terms are never revealed. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by richardchan2002 View Post
    Been doing some lurking lately, I enjoy the discussion even though it seems to lean toward non-car-talk as of late.
    always good to see you're still around old man

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

. Time to get serious about life and make wiser financial decision and do investments that make $ and not lose $.
    Someone else can go back and look but I feel like this is the repeated words of an alcoholic saying they're never going to drink again. I mean you do you Boo but something fundamental is going to have to change if you truly want something to change.

That said, it's much easier for me on the sidelines to live vicariously through all these vehicle changes when I've had the same 4Runner for nearly 10 years LOL

Real Talk: would it be any cheaper to rent a different car every month or two?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Ram

time to stir the pot

8.5 months remaining 2019 802A Raptor $600 tax in payment, 2k down. HMU Shak
    Last edited by Sorath; 06-03-2020 at 09:26 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What color are the wheels? Srs
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    time to stir the pot

8.5 months remaining 2019 802A Raptor $600 tax in payment, 2k down. HMU Shak
    Damn that's good.

Even though I've given up on my dream of the Raptor, Cam Clark Ford Airdrie has similarly aggressive deals on 2019 units right now. 0 down is around $750 a month on a 4 year open ended lease. Which is what I was trying to make happen and the interest rate also is 2.49%. It's whatever inventory they have in stock and the guy messaged yesterday saying they sold 12+ units in just over 2 days, so they are likely flying.

If we can do a switcharoo with my Lexus and your Raptor - then I am sure we can work something out! Haha.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7