Quantcast
Does anyone else have issues with their email address being used by others? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Does anyone else have issues with their email address being used by others?

@ExtraSlow
    I was wondering why my internet is rather slow from 6am to 8:15am Mon through Fri.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mentioned that earlier - I was rather surprised when people thought google should be doing something about it. Someone having or using the wrong email address is simply not their problem, nor would it be reasonable for them to dedicate the time and resources required to follow up with the millions of people using the wrong address either intentionally or unintentionally.

Is someone emailing you that you don't know? Tell them they have the wrong address and block them. The problem is primarily caused by the sender not bothering to verify the information is correct.
    I don't think you read pheoxs' comment. Google ignores special characters.
    So tell me your email address and I can prove a point while you get to enjoy 10 of the best pictures of the day that the internet has to offer.

My Ride
    4x4

One of the things i've been wondering about this... after getting one today from classdojo with 0 information other than "click here to verify email".

Whats the likelyhood the unsubscribe that they all seem to have these days is likely just signing you up as a verified address to other lists?

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    @ExtraSlow
    I don't think you read pheoxs' comment. Google ignores special characters.
    So tell me your email address and I can prove a point while you get to enjoy 10 of the best pictures of the day that the internet has to offer.
    That doesn't make any difference though? It is good they do that so you can utilize that feature to see who is sending you emails. Regardless, it is still some dumb individual using the wrong email.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Sure, but if they bounced it back as undeliverable like most most mail organizations, it might give said dumb individual the incentive to double check their address. As is, the sender assumes it was received properly and some asshole just isn't getting back to them.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    One of the things i've been wondering about this... after getting one today from classdojo with 0 information other than "click here to verify email".

Whats the likelyhood the unsubscribe that they all seem to have these days is likely just signing you up as a verified address to other lists?
    You can sort of check this for a lot of emails. Hover over the unsubscribe link and see where it takes you. A lot of newletters use a handful of email distributors.

For example if the unsub button goes to something.list-manage.com then you know it comes from mailchimp which is pretty reputable. Unsubscribing will take you off that email list. Although shady companies can always have backups of lists and reimport the list I guess. Most shady ones use other services though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3