Quantcast
Texting an Ex - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Texting an Ex

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by LUDELVR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BokCh0y makes a very valid argument but at the same time, I know exactly where you're coming from. It seems the older one gets and the more experience that come across the table can make a person see the worst in people and it's difficult to overcome sometimes. That being said, the naïveté in people is still a real thing and it's possible that she did not really want to offend you but at the same time, she does like the attention. I don't know her from a hole in the wall so you will have to make that call.

One thing I do know is that I did not want to lose my wife because I enjoyed the attention from my ex constantly messaging me so I did what I had to do. I joke with my wife now that my ex's little girl is the same age as our boy and that we should hook them up when they get older...arranged marriage style! She did not find any of this funny.
    And you're positive the Ex's daughter isn't yours right?

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Unfortunately I went down this exact road with a girl and it basically ended with her fucking him again and them never ceasing contact.
    Yup same here. Except in my situation he was my best friend and he won. Oh and she cleaned out our joint account of thousands as a final 'fuck you'. Left me with $0.16

Now they are happily married with a couple kids. Funny thing is that I don't blame him (albeit our friendship was over). Rather, I blame her.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_hustla View Post
    Yup same here. Except in my situation he was my best friend and he won. Oh and she cleaned out our joint account of thousands as a final 'fuck you'. Left me with $0.16

Now they are happily married with a couple kids. Funny thing is that I don't blame him (albeit our friendship was over). Rather, I blame her.
    Ouch man that's got to hurt. They may seem happy but you never know. I believe in karma so hopefully they'll pay for their wrongdoings somehow. At least I got to hope there's something called karma for all the heartless people out there that around hurting others and being selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by LUDELVR View Post
    BokCh0y makes a very valid argument but at the same time, I know exactly where you're coming from. It seems the older one gets and the more experience that come across the table can make a person see the worst in people and it's difficult to overcome sometimes. That being said, the naïveté in people is still a real thing and it's possible that she did not really want to offend you but at the same time, she does like the attention. I don't know her from a hole in the wall so you will have to make that call.

One thing I do know is that I did not want to lose my wife because I enjoyed the attention from my ex constantly messaging me so I did what I had to do. I joke with my wife now that my ex's little girl is the same age as our boy and that we should hook them up when they get older...arranged marriage style! She did not find any of this funny.
    Thanks for spelling my name right

I might be harsh, I'll admit it. But getting hurt sucks. Hurting sucks period. But wearing a "green hat" is even worse:

戴绿帽子(Wearing a green hat)
    In asia (China, HK, Taiwan), the expression wearing a green hat is an insult, a sign of shame and generally refers to the wearer as being cuckolded, someone whose wife/girlfriend was or is fucking around behind their back.

I'm sorry I'm so pessimistic OP, but I've seen friends go through this before. No one wants to be a cuck. Again, I hope all works out for you, you clearly care for this girl a lot and I hope she treats you and your relationship with respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    I find this type of behaviour and trait very common in Calgary. I don't know if it's due to the female-to-male ratio, the attention that women get here, etc... But it's a BAD sign!
    Numbers from the 2011 federal census had Calgary at 49.91% male and 50.09% female, that seems like pretty much an even split.

What really needs to happen here is for the OP to grow a set and have a good and very frank discussion with his girlfriend. Her current behaviour is very indicative of someone who is not very committed in this current relationship, flirting is okay but there are acceptable limits and it sure sounds like the OP's girlfriend is somewhat over the OP's acceptable limit.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    What really needs to happen here is for the OP to grow a set and have a good and very frank discussion with his girlfriend. Her current behaviour is very indicative of someone who is not very committed in this current relationship, flirting is okay but there are acceptable limits and it sure sounds like the OP's girlfriend is somewhat over the OP's acceptable limit.
    Welcome to 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Welcome to 2 days ago.
    I gots white hair and have been stupid ass busy with work, haven't had time to peruse threads in detail. Sorry.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    And you're positive the Ex's daughter isn't yours right?
    Lmao what a gem

Relationships are so emotional they defy logic.

Humans lol one day it’s I love you and 3 days later it’s i wanna move on and focus on myself. Good lk op, so many people breaking up it seems.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Numbers from the 2011 federal census had Calgary at 49.91% male and 50.09% female, that seems like pretty much an even split.
    but when 1/4 of younger men are all out of town working, then it skews the numbers in favor of women.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Can’t believe some of the shit I’ve read in this thread lol

Stop being a spineless beta male and put your foot down.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    but when 1/4 of younger men are all out of town working, then it skews the numbers in favor of women.
    Wasn’t the argument that women get too much attention here?

By that logic 1/4 or the women would have to be transient, not the males. Less women = bigger ego because they get more attention.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Dude... You gotta get the fuck out of there... Seriously!

If you trust her as much as you say you do you are being naive. Nobody would accept that sort of shit if their heart was in in for the long haul. I am not saying she maybe doesn't regret her actions, but cut that shit loose before you are too deep to climb out if you learn otherwise. Fuck, if you were just having a good time in a casual relationship it would be one thing, but if you are already talking marriage you already have gone too far!

If she comes back down the road later then maybe, but she isn't in it for the right reasons now if it went down like you said imho. Talk about setting yourself up to be smashed...

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Talk about setting yourself up to be smashed...
    Can't disagree but sometimes you gotta get owned before you learn

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Can't disagree but sometimes you gotta get owned before you learn
    Sometimes you just gotta listen to the bros about the ho's. People see shit that you can't see, which seems to be the case in this situation.

Keep it casual.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Quote Originally Posted by project240 View Post
    But I also trust that she is a great girl who was oblivious in a sense to how negative of an impact it has had.
    You keep mentioning how great and amazing she is, except she obviously has the proverbial emotional problem to be wanted. They'll claim redemption, but that's only temporary to appease you. There's no fixing this.

GTFO now.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    Sometimes you just gotta listen to the bros about the ho's. People see shit that you can't see, which seems to be the case in this situation.

Keep it casual.
    We are blinded until we find better. Keep the attitude that women are like cars, just keep trading in for another until you find the right one. (I know, take my own advice.)

We are blinded until we find better. Keep the attitude that women are like cars, just keep trading in for another until you find the right one. (I know, take my own advice.)
    I get it and I am a fan of women and cars. But if you find a car that does nothing but costs you money and busts your balls, you gotta know it's time to move on to the next one right? And the same could be said about women bro.

You wanna buy a mini cooper s? haha.

There is no such thing as "the right one", as you'll get bored with said right one and then claim that it's not the right one.

The whole problem, is yet again, the followers of an invisible man and a book written by people who believed that goats blood will cure leprosy and killing babies as adorned by God is all well and good. They started the whole idiotic concept of marriage and the disastrous results continue to this day.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 10-07-2017 at 12:32 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by project240 View Post

I'd honestly probably walk away if this wasn't the girl I think I'll one day marry (I've never said that in 35 years...)
    Wait, what? Youre 35? This is something I went through in my 20s with women.

I would have hoped that, either shes really young or that you are young. At 35 all this should be common knowledge in the relationship world.

OP:

Ask her to sign up with Beyond and reply.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast