Quantcast
Strathmore Investment/Development Opportunity - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Strathmore Investment/Development Opportunity

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Moral of the story, don't invest with actors?
    If an investment opportunity is solid and has potential, the company wouldn't be on public messaging boards, social media, and forums trying to drum up cash. That's the biggest red flag right there.

If it was a proper financial gain opportunity, the banks, equity firms, etc would have all lined up with enough backing that begging the public for cash would never have happened.

While we would all like to think Zorro was trying to do us all a solid by giving us the "inside track and opportunity" to make some money... Well, he might have had the blinders on too.

Sucks Sam lost the money either way though.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Zorro is clearly a piece of shit.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Real investment opportunities exist. But dealing with hundreds of strangers $10k at a time is a huge headache. It's no developers first choice. Someone more knowledgeable passed on that opportunity before Sam or any of us had the option.

I've had the (mis)fortune to deal with some alternative financing arrangements on a few oil and gas properties. Marginal or problematic projects need these creative financing solutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Zorro is clearly a piece of shit.
    I don't recall Zorro's total involvement in this, and truth be told, i don't feel like going back and finding out. However, I would be inclined to think he might have been taken for a ride too in the sense of he was needing a job or something. might be a family tie though, i don't know, but if it is that close of a relationship, then yes, he is a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Real investment opportunities exist. But dealing with hundreds of strangers $10k at a time is a huge headache. It's no developers first choice. Someone more knowledgeable passed on that opportunity before Sam or any of us had the option.

I've had the (mis)fortune to deal with some alternative financing arrangements on a few oil and gas properties. Marginal or problematic projects need these creative financing solutions.
    Exactly my point. If it was promising or worthwhile, trying to find millions $10k at a time from joe blow public is a massive headache and is a big warning sign.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I don't recall Zorro's total involvement in this, and truth be told, i don't feel like going back and finding out. However, I would be inclined to think he might have been taken for a ride too in the sense of he was needing a job or something. might be a family tie though, i don't know, but if it is that close of a relationship, then yes, he is a piece of shit.
    Quick google, looks like his Dad is one of the "team members" (part owner?) of Cancorp.

My Ride
    NC1

It's easy to look back at it now. 2008 was 13 years ago. If a man views the world the same at 40 the way he did at 27, then he has wasted a decade+ of his life. I don't think Zorro is a bad person, a big talker? For sure lol I considered us Internet friends through Beyond, chilled a few times and I just gave him way too much e-cred and that was the deciding factor to invest. It's like taking a hot stock tip from a "friend" and it goes belly up. I am sure a few of us can relate. This was the era of the Concrete Equities where many fell for this type of thing. Anyway, this is just an open share, not crying about it, wrote it off a long time ago. I am glad most of my investments have worked out and it's unfortunate this one wasn't a winner.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Agree we were all very different 13 years ago.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Corvette

Well said!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    It's easy to look back at it now. 2008 was 13 years ago. If a man views the world the same at 40 the way he did at 27, then he has wasted a decade+ of his life. I don't think Zorro is a bad person, a big talker? For sure lol I considered us Internet friends through Beyond, chilled a few times and I just gave him way too much e-cred and that was the deciding factor to invest. It's like taking a hot stock tip from a "friend" and it goes belly up. I am sure a few of us can relate. This was the era of the Concrete Equities where many fell for this type of thing. Anyway, this is just an open share, not crying about it, wrote it off a long time ago. I am glad most of my investments have worked out and it's unfortunate this one wasn't a winner.
    I don't know Mark at all but one of MY most trusted friends is still friends with him to this day and he isn't the type to keep "bad" people in his life so to speak (present company excluded?). Who knows what the entirety of the situation was, I certainly don't. Business, and especially development, doesn't work out sometimes. That doesn't mean every person involved is de facto evil by association if the persons pulling the strings happened to be, good intentions go bad sometimes.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Some business deals are risky and can fail, even with good intentions. Downplaying those risks is a standard part of the sales process.

The psychology of sales is actually really fascinating. It's a personal hobby of mine to observe salespeople. Anyone who works in sales for long is changed by it.

My Ride
    ute

The psychology of sales is actually really fascinating. It's a personal hobby of mine to observe salespeople. Anyone who works in sales for long is changed by it.
    can you elaborate?

Also: way more people are salespeople than we normally would assign the label to. A CEO is just a salesperson, constantly running around flogging their stock.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Oh yeah, agree lots of management or executive jobs are either partially or mostly sales.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I don't know Mark at all but one of MY most trusted friends is still friends with him to this day and he isn't the type to keep "bad" people in his life so to speak (present company excluded?). Who knows what the entirety of the situation was, I certainly don't. Business, and especially development, doesn't work out sometimes. That doesn't mean every person involved is de facto evil by association if the persons pulling the strings happened to be, good intentions go bad sometimes.
    Agree. I've got (what feels like) a shit-pile of money in something that's as volatile and risky as a thing can be. In fact, you should see the BOLD CAPS print on some of the accredited investor documents that say "I understand I could lose all this money".
    And thus, it's money that I can theoretically completely afford to lose. I'll be cranky and whatnot, but it's not like I mortgaged my house and it sounds like MaxBoost is taking a similar attitude.

If it rockets, I'll be cranky that I didn't put more in so I could've bought Peter Island and if it goes bankrupt, I'll be cranky that I lost a bunch of money that could've bought gin & whores. So, it's clearly a win-win!

My Ride
    NC1

Some business deals are risky and can fail, even with good intentions. Downplaying those risks is a standard part of the sales process.

It is fascinating innit.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I take it you've never posted on Calgarypuck, where people have had the same world view for the past 20 years.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I take it you've never posted on Calgarypuck, where people have had the same world view for the past 20 years.
    I've had two accounts bant there. That's a super fun place to get the morons riled up.

I got pitched a condo deal like this about 2-3 years ago from a friend of a friend in our circle and same promises as zorro. Saw him early last year and they ran into issues with one of the main guys so they needed to come up with a ton of cash to buy him out or something like that. just creeped his ig and it looks like things have halted since last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    NC1

Attachment 102315

My fave shape is the triangle when it comes to business. Just like the triangle offence got the bulls 6 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I've had two accounts bant there. That's a super fun place to get the morons riled up.
    Same thing on Reddit. Eventually it'll be nothing but 60 year olds complaining about how rich people hide their money while sending their own money to whores.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Triangle works fine when you are at the top. Don’t be a schmuck at the bottom.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast