Honeywell Lyric T5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeywell Lyric T5

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Default Honeywell Lyric T5

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Free thanks to the Energy Efficiency Program. On sale @ Lowes for $99. PM @ HD for $89+tax. Program sends you a $100 rebate. Rebate also applies to the Nests and Ecobee 3's as well.

Has anyone have 2 or more of these (or a different brand/model) hooked up in your house? I am wondering how the phone apps work if you have more than one? I want one in my garage as well, but I wonder how that work with the app.

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    Has anyone have 2 or more of these (or a different brand/model) hooked up in your house? I am wondering how the phone apps work if you have more than one? I want one in my garage as well, but I wonder how that work with the app.
    You can just add another device in the app and rename it something else like "Lyric - Garage" or something.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Right on. Glad several people were able to jump in on the rebate deal!

I don't have a C wire since my current thermostat is battery operated. How did you guys handle yours?

I'm thinking of disconnecting my green/fan and using it as a C but I don't really want to lose any fan functionality.

I haven't checked my furnace or the wall yet so I'll do that and confirm if I have to run a C wire or not.
    Last edited by rx7boi; 11-08-2017 at 10:05 AM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post

I don't have a C wire since my current thermostat is battery operated. How did you guys handle yours?

I'm thinking of disconnecting my green/fan and using it as a C but I don't really want to lose any fan functionality.

I haven't checked my furnace or the wall yet so I'll do that and confirm if I have to run a C wire or not.

You sure you don't have a wire...and it isn't just hidden in the wall? I bought the Lyric as well and when I first went to my parents house I saw it was battery operated model that they had, and only 3 wires, since I was there with the wife I just gave up and was going to return it, but then I realized that sometimes the extra wires are wrapped around the main cable and are inside the wall, so I revisited, and this time, instead of taking the thermostat off, I went downstairs to the furnace to see where that cable ends. Sure enough, the cable had extra wires that are disconnected and wrapped around the base. I quickly unwrapped it on both ends, connected it to C on the thermostat and on the furnace, and the Lyric has been there ever since, doing a wonderful job.

This is an example of how mine was wrapped, can see at the bottom two extra wires, brown and purple

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    You sure you don't have a wire...and it isn't just hidden in the wall? I bought the Lyric as well and when I first went to my parents house I saw it was battery operated model that they had, and only 3 wires, since I was there with the wife I just gave up and was going to return it, but then I realized that sometimes the extra wires are wrapped around the main cable and are inside the wall, so I revisited, and this time, instead of taking the thermostat off, I went downstairs to the furnace to see where that cable ends. Sure enough, the cable had extra wires that are disconnected and wrapped around the base. I quickly unwrapped it on both ends, connected it to C on the thermostat and on the furnace, and the Lyric has been there ever since, doing a wonderful job.

This is an example of how mine was wrapped, can see at the bottom two extra wires, brown and purple
    For sure, like I said I have to check inside the wall and furnace downstairs first to confirm if I have one or not.

I just meant that I didn't see a C-wire when I popped the current thermostat off.

I haven't really gotten around to starting the install so that'll be the first thing I check later tonight haha.

Was just wondering if anyone had run into problems with it yet but it seems like you guys installed them without any issues!

My Ride
    Exploded.

My parents had the same setup and we just ran a red wire from the furnace up to the thermostat. We tried everything to avoid it, but you can't haha. We tried jumping the R wire into the C slot in the thermostat but no dice.

The Lyric T5 is back on sale at Best Buy if any of you guys who missed out still want it:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product.../10482040.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    The Lyric T5 is back on sale at Best Buy if any of you guys who missed out still want it:

Thanks - so do you just buy that and then apply for the credit? Is it a pretty smooth process?

Also if I already have a programmable thermostat, should it just be plug & play to switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Thanks - so do you just buy that and then apply for the credit? Is it a pretty smooth process?

Also if I already have a programmable thermostat, should it just be plug & play to switch?
    Yeah all the info is here: https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/onl...t-thermostats/

If you bought one recently, have the receipt and the model is listed you can apply for the rebate.

Yeah all the info is here: https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/onl...t-thermostats/

If you bought one recently, have the receipt and the model is listed you can apply for the rebate.
    Cool, thanks. Gives me a little project for the weekend

My Ride
    Axis powers

Ordered the honeywell from bestbuy, last time it was on sale I ran around to multiple stores trying to find it, complete waste of time

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Like eblend described, check for extra wires in the furnace. Take a picture of the connected wires upstairs then compare it to the furnace. I was about to return it when I couldn't pull extra slack behind the wall upstairs. My wife pointed out that one wire(blue) was connected to old t-stat but it was wrapped around the base in the furnace. Matched it all up and it was good to go. Looks confusing but realize how it easy it is after you finish.

My Ride
    rally pig

thanks for the link, decided to finally order one and hoping to pick it up tomorrow.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Received my T5 yesterday and hooked it up, had to run a C wire, had more issues getting the device setup with the app than anything else

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Received my T5 yesterday and hooked it up, had to run a C wire, had more issues getting the device setup with the app than anything else
    yeah, I had a tough time setting up my T5 using my Iphone.
    It finds the network but then when Iphone opens the HomeKit, nothing happens.
    Had to use a different phone to configure it.

Also this morning our Shaw internet was down from 4am-7am, so geofencing is messed up now.
    Despite wife and I being at work, heating keeps on running, so I set it to schedule mode and try to have geofencing working again tonight.

Bought this on amazon so that I can finally use my other watch

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    yeah, I had a tough time setting up my T5 using my Iphone.
    It finds the network but then when Iphone opens the HomeKit, nothing happens.
    Had to use a different phone to configure it.

Also this morning our Shaw internet was down from 4am-7am, so geofencing is messed up now.
    Despite wife and I being at work, heating keeps on running, so I set it to schedule mode and try to have geofencing working again tonight.

Bought this on amazon so that I can finally use my other watch

Some users mentioned this issue and called Honeywell and they did a software update on the unit and it seems to have resolved it. So try that route
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Just ordered a Lyric T5 as well. Thanks for the tip! Can't say no to a free wifi thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Same here - I just have 2 wires, I am either going to have to do some modifications or just return it. There is a C wire kit you can buy but it's like $40.

My Ride
    V8s

I also just ordered the T5. Thanks /b/eyond!

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Some users mentioned this issue and called Honeywell and they did a software update on the unit and it seems to have resolved it. So try that route
    Don't need to call Honeywell anymore, as long as your thermostat is connected to the network, the firmware update should come through automatically over the next 24-48 hours.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast